Does anyone have Paul Jaminet's book? [fatty acids essential?]

Discussion in 'Book Recommendations' started by j., Jan 18, 2013.

1. j.

j. Guest

On an interview (link), he claims that his book talks about the supposed proof that some fatty acids are essential.

In case anyone has the book, could you transcribe or mention a bit about the supposed proof, especially what he means when he says the babies would "do okay" and "not okay".

2. cliff

cliff Member

Re: Does anyone have Paul Jaminet's book?

He tried to scam the ray peat fan group to buy his book to read that passage but after some prodding I got him to post it lol

His quote right there is basically his smoking gun. He doesn't understand that O6 in lard lowers metabolism decreasing the need for nutrients.

3. OP
    j.

j. Guest

When I was reading it, I was wondering if he made the idiotic mistake of saying that "doing bad" was having increased mead acid levels. I could see some PUFA advocates argue that, even though that strategy clearly already assumes what they're trying to prove.

4. cliff

cliff Member

I think they get eczema/skin issues

5. gretchen

gretchen Member

If I understand correctly, the PH crowd, like primal, does not restrict PUFA much, and allows/advises some starchy carbs daily. You can look at their skin and see it doesn't work, but they seem like nice people........ *sorry if that is mean*.......:------(

6. Dorito Loyalist

Dorito Loyalist Member

I wish everyone would stop talking about skin as if it's the epitome of good health.

7. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

I think people refer to it often as it is a clear useful indicator of metabolic problems. In other words, if you have skin issues you will have underlying metabolic issues and if you skin is in good condition, that doesn't mean you are healthy.

The negative is a clear indicator and the positive doesn't necessarily indicate anything.

No one here is saying its the epitome of good health.

8. Andrew Kim

Andrew Kim Member

well said, kettlebell.

9. key

key Member

Also if someone has good skin without using 'skin products', they are probably pretty healthy.