Low Toxin Lifestyle The Toxic Ray Peat Diet & Lifestyle is Keeping Many in Captivity...Ray Peat Never Offered A Way Out

Makrosky

I can't say I ever felt anything when I quit eating all PUFAs. But I could see and feel a big difference when I cut out vit A foods and beta carotene. I turned pink instead of yellow for one thing.
It was just an example.
Honestly, the times I feel better (much better) are the times I am so busy with things I care about that I can't micromanage the diet. Kind of like going on autopilot tends to somehow nail it down better.
The more time I can spend obsessing with diet (no matter which) the worse. But that is correlated with boredom.
Boredom is the no.1 and true poison.
Think about it.

Makrosky

Interesting that cacao now is poison when it was regarded as a sacred food and medicine for millenia in America.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
It was just an example.
Honestly, the times I feel better (much better) are the times I am so busy with things I care about that I can't micromanage the diet. Kind of like going on autopilot tends to somehow nail it down better.
The more time I can spend obsessing with diet (no matter which) the worse. But that is correlated with boredom.
Boredom is the no.1 and true poison.
Think about it.
That’s how I actually accidentally went low A without realizing it in 2017. I was so busy that I was just eating mostly things like meat, gluten free grains and frozen bean burritos with an apple or banana thrown in here and there. I also wasn’t taking my usual supplements and I felt so much better!!! When life started calming down and I started trying to eat better and supplement again everything went down hill for me quickly. When I read about Grant’s theory in 2018 I realized that it was pretty close to how I had eaten in 2017 when I felt so good.

Peater

Interesting that cacao now is poison when it was regarded as a sacred food and medicine for millenia in America.
I think @Philomath was on to something recently, in an estrogenic body the copper in cacao might not be optimal. Modern life in general for the average person is stressful and "estrogenic". It's easier for people to understand "don't eat copper". Even if the cause of the problem could be simple zinc insufficiency.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Chocolate almost killed me due to copper toxicity. The "vitamin A" toxicity usually comes first and then other things like copper, lead etc are not far behind.

Makrosky

When life started calming down and I started trying to eat better and supplement again everything went down hill for me quickly.
This. I swear to you even eating pufas and rubbbish can't affect me if I am distracted/busy in a positive way. At least short term of course.

Makrosky

I think @Philomath was on to something recently, in an estrogenic body the copper in cacao might not be optimal. Modern life in general for the average person is stressful and "estrogenic". It's easier for people to understand "don't eat copper". Even if the cause of the problem could be simple zinc insufficiency.
Sure, but if people in here do not have much something that is precisely estrogen. The whole diet/supps are made to tank estrogen. Dunno. Just thinking out loud. If it works for you guys I trust you, really. You are knowledgeable enough at this point to detect things going wrong amd compare to previous experiences.

Nick

I'm not sure the history of cacao is so benign. The Mayans used cacao to intoxicate people who were going to be sacrificed to make sure they didn't get cold feet. They believed large amounts of cacao made these people channel spirits, and indeed they acted possessed. I have seen people with copper toxicity who also acted a bit like they would sometimes get "possessed" by a very unbalanced emotional side of their personality.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Peater

I'm not sure the history of cacao is so benign. The Mayans used cacao to intoxicate people who were going to be sacrificed to make sure they didn't get cold feet. They believed large amounts of cacao made these people channel spirits, and indeed they acted possessed. I have seen people with copper toxicity who also acted a bit like they would sometimes get "possessed" by a very unbalanced emotional side of their personality.
That is interesting and makes sense.

I wonder if it isn't a case of one feeds the other re: estrogen. I have known women (and of women) who were driven loopy by hormonal birth control. Not their fault of course. It's safe and effective.

Peater

Sure, but if people in here do not have much something that is precisely estrogen. The whole diet/supps are made to tank estrogen. Dunno. Just thinking out loud. If it works for you guys I trust you, really. You are knowledgeable enough at this point to detect things going wrong amd compare to previous experiences.
Tanked estrogen sucks, I did it once with aromatase and had the whole night sweats thing. Nuance is key.

Makrosky

It can be yes. For sure it was considered a plant with more than regular nutritional properties. Dose is a thing. Intention and context is another. Same as peyote was used to heal and was given also to the ones who were about to be sacrificed. It is a complex topic.

summergirl

I am wondering what Garret’s opinion is on accutane? How screwed am I? Because I took accutane in 2020, and a few months after I stopped taking accutane I developed a rare condition called cold induced urticaria. Which is basically an autoimmune reaction (hives) which occurs when any of my skin is exposed to cold temperatures. It has had an impact on my life (can’t swim in cold water, can’t really do outdoor winter activities, etc.).

I have been unable to solve just this issue with a Ray peat inspired diet. All my other symptoms (PCOS, low thyroid) have appeared to vanish since I discovered RP in 2021. The possible link between vitamin A and autoimmunity is something that has caught my eye. However I know the type of vitamin A that is in accutane is synthetic and I’m not sure if it is treated the same way by the body. I do take a multivitamin which has retinyl palmitate as well, so I have been continuing to add vitamin A to my system this entire time since I got off of accutane.

Nick

I am wondering what Garret’s opinion is on accutane? How screwed am I? Because I took accutane in 2020, and a few months after I stopped taking accutane I developed a rare condition called cold induced urticaria. Which is basically an autoimmune reaction (hives) which occurs when any of my skin is exposed to cold temperatures. It has had an impact on my life (can’t swim in cold water, can’t really do outdoor winter activities, etc.).

I have been unable to solve just this issue with a Ray peat inspired diet. All my other symptoms (PCOS, low thyroid) have appeared to vanish since I discovered RP in 2021. The possible link between vitamin A and autoimmunity is something that has caught my eye. However I know the type of vitamin A that is in accutane is synthetic and I’m not sure if it is treated the same way by the body. I do take a multivitamin which has retinyl palmitate as well, so I have been continuing to add vitamin A to my system this entire time since I got off of accutane.
Accutane/isotretinoin/13-cis-retinoic acid is one of the retinoid derivatives produced by the body from retinol and it is highly toxic whether is comes from medication or endogenous production.

In the toxic bile theory of disease there is no such thing as autoimmunity, the hive reaction is toxins being released and any "immune" response is the body trying to clean up the toxins. So in this paradigm the explanation is simply that the cold is causing your tissues to release stored toxins faster than is can deal with them, probably toxins that built up and got stored when your body's detoxiciation capacity was all devoted to trying to deal with the accutane. Improving your detoxification capacity would theoretically eliminate the problem but it might take a little while to get there.

Makrosky

Accutane/isotretinoin/13-cis-retinoic acid is one of the retinoid derivatives produced by the body from retinol and it is highly toxic whether is comes from medication or endogenous production.

In the toxic bile theory of disease there is no such thing as autoimmunity, the hive reaction is toxins being released and any "immune" response is the body trying to clean up the toxins. So in this paradigm the explanation is simply that the cold is causing your tissues to release stored toxins faster than is can deal with them, probably toxins that built up and got stored when your body's detoxiciation capacity was all devoted to trying to deal with the accutane. Improving your detoxification capacity would theoretically eliminate the problem but it might take a little while to get there.
Nick. I see you guys talking about toxic bile. What about liver flushes (Andreas Moritz style)? That clears up completely the bile. Basically you expell it all without any way for the body to reabsorv it.

Nick

Nick. I see you guys talking about toxic bile. What about liver flushes (Andreas Moritz style)? That clears up completely the bile. Basically you expell it all without any way for the body to reabsorv it.
I know Garrett Smith thinks they are not very useful because in order to make the flush strong you are supposed to avoid bile-stimulating foods for a bit beforehand, so you aren't actually making more bile in total, it's just all expelled at once. However, I think the usefulness would lie in the point that you make: the flush doesn't allow any of this bile to be reabsorbed.
In general the low-toxin diet approach is already trying to minimize bile re-absorption with high fiber, lowish fat, activated charcoal and keeping the bowels moving frequently. And the liver flushes do seem like a real pain to do. But it seems to me like they could be useful sometimes, especially for someone with poor intestinal membrane integrity who is reabsorbing a lot of bile in their intestine.

Makrosky

I know Garrett Smith thinks they are not very useful because in order to make the flush strong you are supposed to avoid bile-stimulating foods for a bit beforehand, so you aren't actually making more bile in total, it's just all expelled at once. However, I think the usefulness would lie in the point that you make: the flush doesn't allow any of this bile to be reabsorbed.
In general the low-toxin diet approach is already trying to minimize bile re-absorption with high fiber, lowish fat, activated charcoal and keeping the bowels moving frequently. And the liver flushes do seem like a real pain to do. But it seems to me like they could be useful sometimes, especially for someone with poor intestinal membrane integrity who is reabsorbing a lot of bile in their intestine.
I see. Yes the point of not eating bile-generating foods for the week prior to the flush is to accumulate it all on the gallbladder so it can be expelled all at once. Yes, they are an absolute pain to do.

Btw How are you guys doing androgenical-wise with such low amounts of fat? Libido, erections, muscle strength, etc. In other words: Testosterone wise.
Curious

Btw How are you guys doing androgenical-wise with such low amounts of fat? Libido, erections, muscle strength, etc. In other words: Testosterone wise.
Workouts, strength gain, (healthful) weight gain, and recovery are at an all time best for me at the moment.
Conversely back pain, joint pain, and overall fatigue is the lowest it's ever been... almost non existent most of the time.
All things are in the positive.

Makrosky

Workouts, strength gain, (healthful) weight gain, and recovery are at an all time best for me at the moment.
Conversely back pain, joint pain, and overall fatigue is the lowest it's ever been... almost non existent most of the time.
All things are in the positive.
Good'ol weight lifters diet looks like. Rice and lean cuts big time. Oats bananas and protein breakfast.

Makrosky

@Nick @Peater @charlie @Blossom how do you guys feel endotoxin wise with all those whole grains, oats, bananas, rice, etc.?
I always found them ultra endotoxin generators. Not potatoes nor bread (even if bad quality).

Rice noodles generate 0 endotoxin symptoms for me though. But they don't feel satiating. I can eat 250grs of them and be hungry shortly after.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals