One Radio Network - September 17, 2019 - Dr Ray Peat PhD - Fascinating Insights Into Mr. Thyroid

schultz

Do you do any exercise?
RP: "10 1-leg squats every 10 years" :lol::lol::lol:

He said sit-ups but I'm assuming he meant squats, since he was talking about leg muscles and mentioned "one-legged"

Ooooh. I was trying to figure out what a 1 legged sit-up was... So Ray does pistols? lol. If he could do 10 pistols at 83 after not having done them for 10 years I would be pretty impressed.

I miss monk fruit sugar guy.

We all miss monk fruit sugar guy... and reishi mushroom guy, and that crazy lady who used to call into kmud every episode. She called in like 15 times total, I swear. Oh and also David from Missouri. Though David asks really good questions usually.

Marcine

It was not only an interview full of very good Peating advice but in the 2nd part at 34:35 he gets a question that leads him to mention the place where I now live: Vilcabamba Ecuador! It certainly saved my life coming to the land of plenty: sugar, coffee, sunlight, magnetism, etc!

BigChad

It's interesting in part 2 Ray advised against maple syrup. The heating process makes it allergenic

Thybo

It was not only an interview full of very good Peating advice but in the 2nd part at 34:35 he gets a question that leads him to mention the place where I now live: Vilcabamba Ecuador! It certainly saved my life coming to the land of plenty: sugar, coffee, sunlight, magnetism, etc!
What do you guys (and also specifically you @Marcine) think about his claims that people in Vilcabamba reach 140 years of age and more? At least on Wikipedia (Vilcabamba, Ecuador - Wikipedia), these claims seem to be identified as exaggerations. So I'm really wondering why Ray thinks that there are true accounts of people living so long there, it does not seem to be supported by the data.

schultz

What do you guys (and also specifically you @Marcine) think about his claims that people in Vilcabamba reach 140 years of age and more? At least on Wikipedia (Vilcabamba, Ecuador - Wikipedia), these claims seem to be identified as exaggerations. So I'm really wondering why Ray thinks that there are true accounts of people living so long there, it does not seem to be supported by the data.

Yah I'd like to ask Ray this.

Cirion

What do you mean by magnetism? Like, the healthy EMF from the earth?

Marcine

What do you mean by magnetism? Like, the healthy EMF from the earth?
Sorry I just found this. Yes, all the homes here are grounded due to the nature of construction and materials. Also it is a high negative magnetic anomaly area.

Marcine

He is probably wrong about the data collection as no one could verify reported ages due to the lack of documentation. However there are many many people walking around here deep into their 90's. It was a destination for health with the Incans. Sacred mt Mandango is a -250 negative magnetic anomaly and extends thruout the area.