How Much PUFAs Should I Limit Myself To If I'm Relatively Young?

Cirion

Even if you ate McDonalds, at age 16 your physiology will automatically detox everything and mitigate any damage eating crap would do to someone much older.

That's not necessarily true. I have been unhealthy my whole life even my teens. And there are plenty of obese kids these days who are very unhealthy. If anything I think being a kid is the best time to be more healthy conscious to set yourself up for success at a later age. I would agree being orthorexic is bad though. An occasional mcdonald's probably isn't the worst at that age but I wouldn't make a habit of it young or not.

Cirion

Store bought dairy I can't handle at all (makes me very depressed, lack motivation, over the long run). Raw goat milk/cheese is probably the best of the best protein one can consume and I'd look for that if it were possible

@Waremu

You don't handle even the skim milk store bought?

Currently that's what I'm doing because I admit, I'm lazy to go buy raw milk and skim it myself, but maybe I might have to?

Waremu

@Waremu

You don't handle even the skim milk store bought?

Currently that's what I'm doing because I admit, I'm lazy to go buy raw milk and skim it myself, but maybe I might have to?

Lol.

I was consuming raw milk and handled it well but couldn’t keep up with it because it still had more PUFA fat in it than the skim milk so I couldn’t stay ultra low PUFA while using it. So I moved to skim and didn’t handle it well at all. But weeks after that post is when I started cleaning my gut out as I described in the other thread, with the flowers of sulfur amen activated charcoal. I then tried store bought skim milk again, but a different brand. I handled it well this time. So now I handle it well.

But it was likely cleaning out my gut that helped, but the other brand may have also had allergens in it. I always heard Ray mentioned trying different brands of milk if one doesn’t handle one brand because of allergies, but never took that very seriously as a major issue. Boy was I wrong or underestimating what Peat said. Because while on raw milk I switched to another farmer brand of raw milk to see and it hurt my gut big time. Worse than the store bought milk too. I had a lot of diharea. So one brand of raw milk and one brand of store bought milk made me have bad reactions, but others brands didn’t, so I concluded it had to also be allergens from what they feed the cows as well as gut issues.

But cleaning out my gut really caused me to have solid # 2’s again. But I have been drinking store bought skim milk and also some fat free Greek yogurt since then and am doing just great on my very low PUFA diet, which is centered on skim milk. I’m drinking about a gallon a day currently.

Yeah, skimming raw milk can be annoying. One of the farmers sold some raw milk already skimmed, but I still couldn’t keep using it because it had too much fat for my very low PUFA diet because it was closer to 1% milk. Like a whole gallon of skim milk still keeps me at 0.1 grams PUFA but just one cup of 1% raw skimmed milk already put me at 0.1 grams PUFA. So a gallon of that would put me well over 0.5 grams of PUFA. So no way can I rely on the raw skim milk and meet my protein and nutritional needs while staying ultra low PUFA. So even though I handle raw milk well I couldn’t stay with it for that reason. But the skim milk is sitting well with me.

If you’re trying to do ultra low PUFA like I am doing then you likely will have to rely on skim milk and not use raw milk for it like me as well, depending on how low PUFA you plan on going for your goals.

Cirion

Thanks. Yeah I already realized quickly that even 1% milk has too much fat (PUFA) to meet my PUFA goals either. I was actually very surprised using chronometer that even fruits have trace PUFA's that add up, but because reducing fruit intake to avoid PUFA seems excessively silly to me, I'll reduce it from other sources instead (milk).

Waremu

Thanks. Yeah I already realized quickly that even 1% milk has too much fat (PUFA) to meet my PUFA goals either. I was actually very surprised using chronometer that even fruits have trace PUFA's that add up, but because reducing fruit intake to avoid PUFA seems excessively silly to me, I'll reduce it from other sources instead (milk).

Oh yeah. For sure. Have to have some fruit. The only fruit that I know of that you can eat tons or and virtually have no PUFA are dates. I may experiment with them as well on days where I may feel like I need more fruit and magnesium, since they are high in magnesium. But I won’t cut out fruit. I think a quart of fresh Oj and some dates is enough for me. Fresh lemonade I may also have too, which is lemon juice and sugar. Lemons are a little higher in folate per PUFA calorie than OJ, ironically. But both are great sources.

But with my current PUFA goal, I am allowed to have a gallon of skim milk, some hydrogenated coconut oil (which ironically I find taste pleasant to me), and 4-5 cups of freshly squeezed OJ. That’s just enough Oj to fulfill my folate needs too which I like. I’ll try to have some pineapple juice too every now and then for the maganese, and an oyster every other day or so for extra zinc. Sometimes liver too. I can eat egg whites (which are pretty much PUFA free) with a few oysters and gelatin and that also is very low in PUFA.

After all the time I spend making my food, I am so glad with how easy this diet is for me. I have kitchen burn out. I am so in need of a break with making food. It’s so much easier to just drink milk. Lol.

Cirion

I am also basically doing around a gallon of skim milk a day too. Lately I find myself addicted to milk + maple syrup combo. I can't eat straight milk as it is too low in carbs and then the tryptophan converts to serotonin (subjectively determined by how I feel from it). That's how I'm getting my manganese (from the syrup). About to order my next batch of grass fed liverwurst and probably have that once or twice a week for most of my other mineral needs and/or oyster.

Am currently eagerly awaiting my hydrogenated coconut oil to arrive in the mail so I can give that a shot...

I'm with you on kitchen burn out. I realized the other day... this is freakin awesome, all I have to do is pour milk and maple syrup, pack a couple things of grapes, and I'm good to go for food for most of the day lol!