Hair loss ThinkTank. Passionate and or Intellectual People

Please check yes if interested

• Yes

Votes: 58 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

PeskyPeater

Are there any ways to shrink prostate apart from finasteride ?
good question.

as im a fan of palmitoyl ethanol amide or PEA, take a look at that, it increases megalin expressions and cholesterol-steroid regulation.
And megalin is regulated via negative feedback by vitamin D, which is indicated to be a factor, both megalin and vitamin D in prostate cancer.

Regulation of prostate androgens by megalin and 25-hydroxyvitamin D status: Mechanism for high prostate androgen in African American men

ABSTRACT​

Vitamin D deficiency is associated with an increased risk of prostate cancer (PCa) mortality and is hypothesized to contribute to PCa aggressiveness and disparities in African American populations. The prostate epithelium was recently shown to express megalin, an endocytic receptor that internalizes globulin-bound hormones, which suggests regulation of prostate hormone levels, in contrast to the free hormone hypothesis. Here, we demonstrated that megalin imports testosterone bound to sex hormone-binding globulin into prostate cells. Prostatic loss of Lrp2 (megalin) in a mouse model resulted in reduced prostate testosterone and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels. Megalin expression was regulated and suppressed by 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25D) in cell lines, patient-derived prostate epithelial cells, and prostate tissue explants, indicating a negative feedback loop. In patent samples, the relationships between hormones support this feedback mechanism, as prostatic DHT levels are higher in African American men and are inversely correlated with serum 25D status. Megalin levels are reduced in localized PCa by the Gleason grade and in patients with future disease recurrence. Our findings suggest that the free hormone hypothesis should be revisited for testosterone and highlight the impact of vitamin D deficiency on prostate androgen levels, which are known drivers of PCa. Thus, we revealed a mechanistic link between vitamin D and PCa disparities observed in African Americans.

Last edited:

Apple

only it seems to me its better to look for the root cause...
the root cause...
for some it is just aging .
It could be just some kind of bacteria/infection though, I tried many kinds of antibiotics in the past with mixed results.

As I interpret Ray Peat views- We need high body temperature to keep infections/bacteria at bay , not that it is in our power to get reed of them completely.
There are no miracle drugs. Broda Barnes or his followers didn't live to be centenarians on thyroid (not that i'm aware of). Aging still takes over ...

Apple

---IGF-1---
In summary, regulation of human hair growth by androgen is probably mediated by IGF-1 in the dermal papilla. In male scalp, high levels of IGF-1 may increase the androgen receptor activity and dihydrotestosterone levels and these result in an increased propensity for baldness.

---IGFBP-3---
IGFBPs are produced in the human hair follicle, they may play a role in targeting IGF-I to its receptor or may modulate IGF-I action by interaction with matrix proteins.

Experimental administration of the 5a-reductase type
2 inhibitor **FINASTERIDE** results in diminished expres-
sion of IGF-1 and its receptor and enhanced expres-
sion of IGFBP-3 in the rat prostate
, an androgen-
dependent tissue. IGFBP-3 is the major carrier
protein that modulates the bioavailability of IGF-l
and thus may also be a regulator of mediators of hair
growth and cycle control.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals