How to cure or reverse Male Pattern Baldness

AlphaSandwich

I am 22 years old and have had Male Pattern Baldness and thinning hair/receding hairline for 6 years now. It all started back in 2015 after I was exposed to high levels of formaldehyde from the synthetic carpet in my bedroom being ripped out of the floor. Shortly after this, I did a small line of “coke” with some acquaintances I thought to be friends. This destroyed my health at that time and caused me deep depression and anxiety as well as some OCD symptoms, which sent my stress levels through the roof. To this day I still struggle with some OCD thought patterns and a lot of stress as a result. I also noticed an immediate after effect to be a Varicocele as well as my hair becoming thin and brittle. I have nearly fully recovered since then, but I occasionally wonder whether my MPB is connected to my Varicocele. Over the following 6 years, my hair on the top of my scalp has slowly but steadily dwindled to the point I’m at now. I am about a 5 or a 6 on the Hamilton-Norwood scale. The thing is, I still have the hair follicles on top of my head and have a good amount of hair there, it is just very thin to the point that you can immediately notice it, but I am not bald nor do I have any bald spots. I do not want to go bald if I can avoid it. My GF has pressured me into shaving my head which I really don’t want to do, but she says she thinks it would make me look better, which I could understand from her point of view. The fact that I still have hair on top of my head gives me hope (even if it’s a false hope) that I could possibly reverse this. I have read many different theories on MPB, one theory suggests that high testosterone binds to metals and other toxins and pushes them out through the top of the scalp, which could be probable as I have a high sex drive but have never actually tested my testosterone or done any lab tests in general. Another theory is that overacidity of the blood can cause hair to leave the scalp, which I know is a theory from TCM. I know there are many other theories as well. I have read “Hair Like A Fox” but did not gain much insight from it. I am wondering if hot showers in a major city‘s municipal water could have contributed to this hair loss. I recently acquired an iRestore red-light helmet as I’ve heard red light can be beneficial for this problem. I have not used it frequently or for long enough to gauge whether it is helping or not. My diet as of late is mostly Raw milk, lots of red meat (both raw and cooked) and also some vegetable juices and cooked starches with fats such as butter and/or cream, raw honey and some fish. If anyone here has reversed or cured their Male Pattern Baldness, or if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how they would approach this issue, I am all ears. This is something I’ve struggled with for quite some time, and any insight or advice of any kind would be tremendously appreciated. Thank you in advance

Ritchie

May be controversial around these parts but it'll save you a lot of energy, there is very little you can do if it is genetic. Embrace it, is my suggestion, if your gf is telling you to shave your head thats probably because it will look better. Then focus on other aspects of your health : Metabolism, strength and muscle, good temperatures and pulse, good mindstate, skin health and so forth. If the hair loss is because of health, these aspects will help it anyway.. All the theories around hairloss from MPB (genetics) around here don't work. "Hair like a Fox" is massively dated and never delivered what it promised.

The only thing that actually helps is finasteride but the consequences you need to accept for your health to take that stuff is just not worth it.
Much better to accept and embrace the things you can't change, and let go of things that are outside your control. You'll be happier for it, and your health will be better as a consequence.

rr1

@AlphaSandwich Don't listen to the people who say it's genetics, and impossible. I've seen way too many cases and anecdotes of people completely stopping their hair loss and re-growing, myself included. I'm sure that all of the information you need is here on this forum, I've read it all.
Look for posts from lampofred mrchibbs miraddo Elephanto rawmeat rei just to name a few. Search their posts and read through all of the threads relating to hair loss.

rei

varicocele and MPB are caused by the same thing, excessive chronic fascial tension. Using drugs is known to cause chronic injury in your posture, they change the physiological balance so much they can cause a slight chronic bend in the spine to increase. But more often such stories are heard from "party drugs" like MDMA instead of stimulants, but i guess cocaine can be pretty energetic and make you move and jump around excessively.

Or as you write it giving you long-term anxiety, it can tighten your fascia and exacerbate any pre-existing postural issue, even if no further deterioration in posture happened.

Another controversial method, but the most effective and reliable I have seen and use myself:

Medvedev

This thread gave me some insights
Look for Chemhead's posts

johnwester130

I am 22 years old and have had Male Pattern Baldness and thinning hair/receding hairline for 6 years now. It all started back in 2015 after I was exposed to high levels of formaldehyde from the synthetic carpet in my bedroom being ripped out of the floor. Shortly after this, I did a small line of “coke” with some acquaintances I thought to be friends. This destroyed my health at that time and caused me deep depression and anxiety as well as some OCD symptoms, which sent my stress levels through the roof. To this day I still struggle with some OCD thought patterns and a lot of stress as a result. I also noticed an immediate after effect to be a Varicocele as well as my hair becoming thin and brittle. I have nearly fully recovered since then, but I occasionally wonder whether my MPB is connected to my Varicocele. Over the following 6 years, my hair on the top of my scalp has slowly but steadily dwindled to the point I’m at now. I am about a 5 or a 6 on the Hamilton-Norwood scale. The thing is, I still have the hair follicles on top of my head and have a good amount of hair there, it is just very thin to the point that you can immediately notice it, but I am not bald nor do I have any bald spots. I do not want to go bald if I can avoid it. My GF has pressured me into shaving my head which I really don’t want to do, but she says she thinks it would make me look better, which I could understand from her point of view. The fact that I still have hair on top of my head gives me hope (even if it’s a false hope) that I could possibly reverse this. I have read many different theories on MPB, one theory suggests that high testosterone binds to metals and other toxins and pushes them out through the top of the scalp, which could be probable as I have a high sex drive but have never actually tested my testosterone or done any lab tests in general. Another theory is that overacidity of the blood can cause hair to leave the scalp, which I know is a theory from TCM. I know there are many other theories as well. I have read “Hair Like A Fox” but did not gain much insight from it. I am wondering if hot showers in a major city‘s municipal water could have contributed to this hair loss. I recently acquired an iRestore red-light helmet as I’ve heard red light can be beneficial for this problem. I have not used it frequently or for long enough to gauge whether it is helping or not. My diet as of late is mostly Raw milk, lots of red meat (both raw and cooked) and also some vegetable juices and cooked starches with fats such as butter and/or cream, raw honey and some fish. If anyone here has reversed or cured their Male Pattern Baldness, or if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how they would approach this issue, I am all ears. This is something I’ve struggled with for quite some time, and any insight or advice of any kind would be tremendously appreciated. Thank you in advance

Ever considered dermarolling? More specifically, a derminator, which is less painful and better?

The results look amazing

You do it once a week approximately

Obviously avoid inflammatory food like cheap grains and vegetable oils

OccamzRazer

varicocele and MPB are caused by the same thing, excessive chronic fascial tension. Using drugs is known to cause chronic injury in your posture, they change the physiological balance so much they can cause a slight chronic bend in the spine to increase. But more often such stories are heard from "party drugs" like MDMA instead of stimulants, but i guess cocaine can be pretty energetic and make you move and jump around excessively.

Or as you write it giving you long-term anxiety, it can tighten your fascia and exacerbate any pre-existing postural issue, even if no further deterioration in posture happened.
What do you recommend to relax fascia? Yoga? Rolfing sessions? Something else?

rei

What do you recommend to relax fascia? Yoga? Rolfing sessions? Something else?
You can see my post history here for more details, but i have been calling it chiropractic yoga, combining the two concepts of wide movement with outside force to snap damaged posture back into better alignment. Do whatever you need to do to straighten your spine, which includes the neck. There is no such thing as healthy s-shape in spine.

rei

What do you mean?
Flatback Syndrome is not good either
that's like saying current reference range for prolactin or testosterone are desirable when anyone even slightly aware of the situation sees the range has been dialed in in accordance to the chronic disease of the population. If "normal" is what a chronically diseased population displays, then you will be chronically diseased when you achieve it.

If your TSH is under 1 you are considered hyperthyroid, yet RP says no healthy person has TSH above 1

Apple

that's like saying current reference range for prolactin or testosterone are desirable when anyone even slightly aware of the situation sees the range has been dialed in in accordance to the chronic disease of the population. If "normal" is what a chronically diseased population displays, then you will be chronically diseased when you achieve it.

If your TSH is under 1 you are considered hyperthyroid, yet RP says no healthy person has TSH above 1
on the paper it is showing normal range for TSH is 0,35 - 4,5 mUI/l
Do we really need it to be lower than 1 ?

rei

If you have such it is good, now that i checked it normally the lower range commonly seems to be 0,5 when that should be considered close to upper range.

Last edited:

BlahtyBlah

Yes, no issues here
That’s neat to hear. How long have you taken it for? Is it the regular 1mg per day? Oral or topical? I have been Peating since 2012. Blood tests all look good, etc. But hair loss began a couple years back and it seems no matter what I do with Peating, it doesn’t stop it. I am pretty much at the point where I am convinced that Peating wont do anything for my hair, though it probably helped me have an overall healthy diet. I probably will be trying it soon.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals