Presenting A New Theory For Baldness - Gut Bacteria

Hairfedup

The Cause Of Baldness

For what it's worth, I started balding by the time I was 18, and never had a digestive problem until my mid to late 20s after messing with coconut oil, never had bad breath either. Oily skin on the other hand...

Damn coconut oil messed my digestive system up to - prior to that I could eat any and everything. I started balding years and years before starting coconut oil also. Any idea as to why this occurred?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Damn coconut oil messed my digestive system up to - prior to that I could eat any and everything. I started balding years and years before starting coconut oil also. Any idea as to why this occurred?

I'm not sure what you are saying

How did it mess it up ? Perhaps just an allergy.

It's not that potent of an antiobiotic

Tarmander

camphosal by haidut looks interesting
flowers of sulfur
raw carrots, carrot salad
bamboo shoots
charcoal

eukalyptos oil/ thyme/ menthol also may sterilise your gut
all those kill certain bacteria/yeast and leave others living. Some will work for you and others won't. None of those sterilize the gut

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

all those kill certain bacteria/yeast and leave others living. Some will work for you and others won't. None of those sterilize the gut

you know what I meant

reduce overgrowth at least

this was interesting :

Lactobacillus reuteri. Supp-lementation in a mouse model demonstrated improved hair quality, resulting in thick lustrous fur through interactions with IL-10 and IL-17. In humans, L. reuteri also has been shown to attenuate expression of pro-inflammatory gut cytokines decreasing TNF-α to mitigate an inflammatory cascade throughout the body.18,19 IL-17 is implicated in various inflammatory diseases through induction of chemokines that recruit neutrophils and monocytes.18-20 It is thought that an increase in IL-17 subverts scalp hair growth, and it thereby becomes a prime target of anti-inflammatory therapies.

Last edited:

Peater Piper

I think maybe my digestive system just doesn't like medium chain fatty acids. I originally started with cold pressed coconut oil since it was all the rage in the paleo community. I'd eat a tablespoon at each meal. It gave me significant bloating, and at first I thought maybe it was cleaning up my gut, but the symptoms never improved. I eventually tried refined coconut oil, which I did tolerate better, but not without issue. Strangely enough, I can eat shredded coconut without issue. Anyway, it's probably not fair to blame my decline in digestion entirely on coconut oil, I think it might have started going south already, but it sure did make things worse, and I never really returned to baseline. I don't know by what mechanism it made things worse even after stopping consumption.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

I think maybe my digestive system just doesn't like medium chain fatty acids. I originally started with cold pressed coconut oil since it was all the rage in the paleo community. I'd eat a tablespoon at each meal. It gave me significant bloating, and at first I thought maybe it was cleaning up my gut, but the symptoms never improved. I eventually tried refined coconut oil, which I did tolerate better, but not without issue. Strangely enough, I can eat shredded coconut without issue. Anyway, it's probably not fair to blame my decline in digestion entirely on coconut oil, I think it might have started going south already, but it sure did make things worse, and I never really returned to baseline. I don't know by what mechanism it made things worse even after stopping consumption.

I think I read years ago that coconut oil may deplete iodine or manganese. I can't remember. Coconut oil could definitely harm health but I don't know the specific information

Also it may just raise metabolism too much and create a problem

golder

The bacterial angle totally chimes with my intuition on how I've lost hair over the years. What's the consensus on helping cure this? I feel much better after a courses of antibiotics, then it soon goes back to square 1 shortly after. Surely permanent antibiotic courses aren't the answer here?

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

The bacterial angle totally chimes with my intuition on how I've lost hair over the years. What's the consensus on helping cure this? I feel much better after a courses of antibiotics, then it soon goes back to square 1 shortly after. Surely permanent antibiotic courses aren't the answer here?

why not sterilise your gut everyday ?

You bathe, clean your clothes and clean your teeth everyday.

Something like camphosal by haidut looks very interesting and a bit safer than antibiotics

Hairfedup

I think I read years ago that coconut oil may deplete iodine or manganese. I can't remember. Coconut oil could definitely harm health but I don't know the specific information

Also it may just raise metabolism too much and create a problem

Yes this happened to me unfortunately...after coconut oil my health has been downhill.

golder

why not sterilise your gut everyday ?

You bathe, clean your clothes and clean your teeth everyday.

Something like camphosal by haidut looks very interesting and a bit safer than antibiotics
Serotonin Production In The Gut Is Fully Controlled By Microbiome

The Danny Roddy Weblog

Danny Roddy has the right idea. Reduce histamine. But why not just reduce gut bacteria instead ?

Would probitiotic strains that specifically reduce gut histamine be worthwhile here?

Jack Earth

gut is definitely important. GF pointed out bad breath to me as well when I was losing crazy hair. Also I had minor regrowth on a diet of only rice, coco oil and green peas (although I took other stuff). My gut was basically sterile at that point, but the problem was the diet took me further into hypo territory.

Im on cypro for like 3 weeks now, as well as on topical miconazole. Also buzzed my hair and lots of sun. Shedding stopped for 2 weeks, can't for the sake of it get any hair to fall out. The cypro lets me digest anything, lets me peat with 3k calories basically.

I'm not sure if gut problems = bacteria or funghi on the scalp though. Or both.

Because we know that funghi on scalp is responsible for androgen upregulation there and boom hairloss.
A diet of rice with coconut oil sounds pretty low in protein

iPeat

On one of the podcasts with Jodelle, Dr. Peat said he used to take a product called Biosporin, which contains Bacillus Subtilis and Bacillus Licheniformis. He said those strains are found in unpasteurized cow's milk during certain times of year and produce a potent antibiotic that will eliminate local bacterial competitors.

Might be worth a try if you have some stubborn bugs in there.

iPeat

On one of the podcasts with Jodelle, Dr. Peat said he used to take a product called Biosporin, which contains Bacillus Subtilis and Bacillus Licheniformis. He said those strains are found in unpasteurized cow's milk during certain times of year and produce a potent antibiotic that will eliminate local bacterial competitors.

Might be worth a try if you have some stubborn bugs in there.

This one, about halfway through:

https://www.toxinless.com/jf-190910-how-to-fix-your-digestion-poop.mp3

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals