Presenting A New Theory For Baldness - Gut Bacteria

johnwester130

Many bald men complain of something called scalp itch - a condition caused by histamine, and perhaps "histamine-producing bacteria".

Many bald men have bad breath.
Bad Breath Linked With Male Pattern Baldness

Many bald men have digestive and constipation issues.

Many bald men have oily skin which is also caused by gut bacteria.

Ketoconazole, one of the big three, has some antibacterial effect.

All these things are being caused by gut bacteria problems, including bacteria that directly promote histamine and serotonin.
You could use anti histamine and anti serotonin drugs but this does not address the root cause.

Last edited:

sun-maid

Many bald men complain of something called scalp itch - a condition caused by histamine.

Many bald men have bad breath.
Bad Breath Linked With Male Pattern Baldness

Many bald men have digestive and constipation issues.

Oily skin can also be caused by gut bacteria.

All these things are being caused by gut bacteria problems, including bacteria that directly promote histamine and serotonin.
You could use anti histamine and anti serotonin drugs but this does not address the root cause.

I really think gut health is huge. I took minocycline when I was younger and my hair were crazy thick, activated charcoal always seems to do good also

sun-maid

thanks for reading my ideas.

Look at this study.
Error - Cookies Turned Off

"Compared to men who never used tetracy- cline, those who used tetracycline for 4 or more years were more likely to report greater alcohol and lesser milk and calcium con- sumption, more regular NSAID use, less vertex baldness, histories of young-onset and other prostatitis, greater consumption of alco- hol in adolescence and early adulthood, more time spent outdoors in a swimsuit in the summer as a teenager, and a greater lifetime number of blistering facial sunburns (Table I)."

Ableton

gut is definitely important. GF pointed out bad breath to me as well when I was losing crazy hair. Also I had minor regrowth on a diet of only rice, coco oil and green peas (although I took other stuff). My gut was basically sterile at that point, but the problem was the diet took me further into hypo territory.

Im on cypro for like 3 weeks now, as well as on topical miconazole. Also buzzed my hair and lots of sun. Shedding stopped for 2 weeks, can't for the sake of it get any hair to fall out. The cypro lets me digest anything, lets me peat with 3k calories basically.

I'm not sure if gut problems = bacteria or funghi on the scalp though. Or both.

Because we know that funghi on scalp is responsible for androgen upregulation there and boom hairloss.

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

gut is definitely important. GF pointed out bad breath to me as well when I was losing crazy hair. Also I had minor regrowth on a diet of only rice, coco oil and green peas (although I took other stuff). My gut was basically sterile at that point, but the problem was the diet took me further into hypo territory.

Im on cypro for like 3 weeks now, as well as on topical miconazole. Also buzzed my hair and lots of sun. Shedding stopped for 2 weeks, can't for the sake of it get any hair to fall out. The cypro lets me digest anything, lets me peat with 3k calories basically.

I'm not sure if gut problems = bacteria or funghi on the scalp though. Or both.

Because we know that funghi on scalp is responsible for androgen upregulation there and boom hairloss.

I don't think the scalp produces bacteria by itself.

Perhaps the bacteria is from the intestine,

or being created by a lack of circulation in the scalp

If a person losing hair, just honestly asks themselves, what is causing it ? They will generally know the answer instinctively, and I doubt its because of DHT rising

Ableton

If a person losing hair, just honestly asks themselves, what is causing it ? They will generally know the answer instinctively, and I doubt its because of DHT rising

Bad scalp environment leads to rising dht levels in scalp. Bad scalp environment can be caused by different things, gut being the "easiest" answer imo

Ableton

Definitely some good points.

Got any suggestions?

check elephantos recommendations.
temporary protocoll of like 3 tbsp (!) coco oil between meals daily I think to sterilize gut. Afterwards, 1 tsp of coco oil with every meal to avoid refeeding. Like I said, worked well for my gut, but not so well for other things, so I stopped.

My suggestion would be peating (that involves things like gelatin that raise gut bacteria), but on cypro (if you have gut issues in the first place).

Peater Piper

The Cause Of Baldness

For what it's worth, I started balding by the time I was 18, and never had a digestive problem until my mid to late 20s after messing with coconut oil, never had bad breath either. Oily skin on the other hand...

Ableton

The Cause Of Baldness

For what it's worth, I started balding by the time I was 18, and never had a digestive problem until my mid to late 20s after messing with coconut oil, never had bad breath either. Oily skin on the other hand...

definitely controversial to "sterilize gut", one of the main points a lot of ppl disagree with peat about. When I said the cocooil sterilizatio nworked for my gut, this means it worked as long as I stayed on an extreme elimination diet (only rice, coco oil, peas). When I got off that, and ate peaty again, I could not digest anything, I guess because I needed good gut bacteria for that, but not for the rice etc

Tarmander

Sterilizing the gut is incredibly difficult. Antibiotics like vancomycin get close

Coconut oil and carrots will not do it. They will selectively kill some bacteria and spare others

SOMO

Everyone has bacteria on their skin. Even Staph Aureus which is pathogenic is part of the normal flora of the skin, but S. Aureus can become aggressive and pathogenic under a few circumstances like open wounds or Vitamin D deficiency.

Also many of the bacteria on the skin like P. Acnes consume the sebum/skin oils. Bacteria can consume fats/oils and sebum is actually protective to skin, so I would imagine external bacteria could definitely irritate the skin and contribute to hair loss.

Summer

definitely controversial to "sterilize gut", one of the main points a lot of ppl disagree with peat about. When I said the cocooil sterilizatio nworked for my gut, this means it worked as long as I stayed on an extreme elimination diet (only rice, coco oil, peas). When I got off that, and ate peaty again, I could not digest anything, I guess because I needed good gut bacteria for that, but not for the rice etc

Thanks. That protocol is a little worrisome. Not a whole lot of micronutrients involved.

Thanks. I don’t know if I have it in me to try this. I was on antibiotics often as a kid due to ear infections. I think they did more harm than good.

Tarmander

Thanks. That protocol is a little worrisome. Not a whole lot of micronutrients involved.

Thanks. I don’t know if I have it in me to try this. I was on antibiotics often as a kid due to ear infections. I think they did more harm than good.
you could try it without the antibiotics and just use the herbs and probiotics

OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

you could try it without the antibiotics and just use the herbs and probiotics

camphosal by haidut looks interesting
flowers of sulfur
raw carrots, carrot salad
bamboo shoots
charcoal

eukalyptos oil/ thyme/ menthol also may sterilise your gut

Last edited:
OP
johnwester130

johnwester130

Everyone has bacteria on their skin. Even Staph Aureus which is pathogenic is part of the normal flora of the skin, but S. Aureus can become aggressive and pathogenic under a few circumstances like open wounds or Vitamin D deficiency.

Also many of the bacteria on the skin like P. Acnes consume the sebum/skin oils. Bacteria can consume fats/oils and sebum is actually protective to skin, so I would imagine external bacteria could definitely irritate the skin and contribute to hair loss.

when I ate PUFA, I would get this gunk on my scalp like a black dirt type of thing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals