Hormones And Hairloss

5a-DHP

My take away from speed reading it is that progesterone can do the same, no?
Pregnenolone may be making things worse for me for lack of T4?

"2c) If pregnenolone doesn’t deliver adequate cortisol, then either:
……(i) you may need to supplement with both pregnenolone and biotin, since biotin is a cofactor used by adrenal enzymes to synthesize cortisol from pregnenolone
……(ii) you may need to supplement with pregnenolone and thyroid hormones T4 and T3 concurrently, since your adrenal enzymes may just be sluggish, and your hypothalamus won’t allow you to increase your thyroid T4 levels [see next section re how to do this]
……(iii) if the ab"ove two options don’t work, then you can’t help pregnenolone synthesize into cortisol, and you need to supplement with either progesterone, 17 hydroxyprogesterone or cortisol (as hydrocortisone = man made bioidentical cortisol) because your adrenal enzymes will allow one of these to synthesize into cortisol.

Progesterone will do the same. If you look at the RP Email Exchange somebody asked Ray this exact question - his response:

"Addison's disease, with adrenal cortex degeneration, can cause cortisol deficiency, in which case progesterone would compensate, but doctors often tell people they "don't have enough cortisol" without proper confirmation. [Would pregnenolone correct this?] Pregnenolone should usually do it, but progesterone is more certain if the adrenals are really destroyed."

Preg and/or prog will correct a deficiency of cortisol, but when cortisol is normal, neither will increase it further.

Peater Pan

Progesterone will do the same. If you look at the RP Email Exchange somebody asked Ray this exact question - his response:

"Addison's disease, with adrenal cortex degeneration, can cause cortisol deficiency, in which case progesterone would compensate, but doctors often tell people they "don't have enough cortisol" without proper confirmation. [Would pregnenolone correct this?] Pregnenolone should usually do it, but progesterone is more certain if the adrenals are really destroyed."

Preg and/or prog will correct a deficiency of cortisol, but when cortisol is normal, neither will increase it further.
Thank you! I have some preg and have taken 300 mg doses last two days and started T4 evenings/bedtime. Mainly T3 through the day. Trying to figure out if T4 is the problem or not.

Peater Pan

Yeah it definitely helps my energy and blood pressure. I think I also noticed better appetite and digestion. Better strength/endurance in the gym too.
Benefit of Adrenal Cotrex vs. whole adrenal glandular (LGS/AS)?

GorillaHead

I find this thread interesting. I beleive cortisol balance is related however in men with AgA they discovered high cortisol. High dheas. High aldosterone. So it wouldnt make sense to raise it even more. Hmm

Not to mention i did take 75 mg of pregnlenon at once and it most def increased cortisol. I had insomnia and i have never shed so much hair in my entire life and my hair was soooo oily.

Last edited:

johnwester130

I find this thread interesting. I beleive cortisol balance is related however in men with AgA they discovered high cortisol. High dheas. High aldosterone. So it wouldnt make sense to raise it even more. Hmm

Not to mention i did take 75 mg of pregnlenon at once and it most def increased cortisol. I had insomnia and i have never shed so much hair in my entire life and my hair was soooo oily.

thoughts on this?

GorillaHead

thoughts on this?

Might help serum androgens and skin arent the same. Ironically low test levels is associated with hair thinning.

but here is the the thing the moment u get off. Watch ur hair die.

i think i finally understand why finasteride withdrawl in some can be destruction of their hair. Their adrenals are messed up cause their gonads are messed up

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals