Dr. B

isnt endotoxin only made by gram negative bacteria not gram positive? and pharma antibiotics supposedly struggle to kill gram negative bacteria whereas something like olive leaf extract actually targets gram negative bacteria?

what about fermented foods like apple cider vinegar or prebiotics like inulin?

using olive leaf I do seem to get antibiotic like effects and get bacterial die off symptoms like diarrhea.
however there is promethean wellnesses apple cider vinegar product which is freeze dried ACV powder. also has small amount of inulin, and some lemon fruit powder and cayenne powder. I dont think the lemon and cayenne are doing anything and the amounts are small. this ACV product seems to cause constipation and noticeable indigestion symptoms. I doubt its because of the NU Flow capsule/rice powder or whatever filler in it? thinking its the ACV being fermented or the inulin that are causing more gut bacteria or messing with digestion somehow...

your comments regarding probiotics make perfect sense. years ago when I would test out probiotic supplements I would get stomach bloating, fatigue, increase in acne and facial puffiness among other things. all the endotoxin type symptoms. these companies actually tell you its a temporary effect because its "rebalancing gut bacteria" or killing bad bacteria. it really didnt seem to be the case. I used the probiotics for several weeks, no changes, not even minor improvements, and had all the endotoxin symptoms. once i stopped them things started returning to normal, skin began clearing up etc.

S.Holmes

As Peat has written many times, there is truly no such thing as “beneficial” gut bacteria as long as they are capable of producing endotoxin (LPS). And since most bacterial species known to colonize the gut can produce LPS when exposed to undigested food or mechanical stimulation (stretching or even bouncing the intestine through say running), the conclusion that one could make is that all gut bacteria can be pathogenic. I already posted a study showing that probiotics are dangerous and some doctors call for them to be regulated like drugs.

The study below corroborates once again that gut bacteria is pathogenic, at least as far as liver cancer is concerned, and shows that administration of antibiotics (tetracyclines anyone?) is curative in the majority of the cases. Since vitamin K2 (MK-4) is expected to be approved soon for treating liver cancer (HCC) it suggests that it may have some antibiotic effects of its own. In addition, it also suggests that quinones like emodin with known anti-endotoxin effects could also be a viable treatment/preventive method for that cancer.

NLRP12 suppresses hepatocellular carcinoma via downregulation of cJun N-terminal kinase activation in the hepatocyte | eLife

https://www.mdlinx.com/allergy-immunology/top-medical-news/article/2019/04/16/7564232

“…To understand why this occurred, the researchers looked at the signals sent by tumor cells in mice with and without the Nlrp12 gene. They found that the JNK (c-Jun N-terminal kinase) pathway—previously shown to be associated with liver cancer—is highly active in liver tumors that lack Nlrp12, Dr. Zaki said. The JNK pathway can be activated by a component of bacterial cell walls called lipopolysaccharide (LPS), he said. Both “good” bacteria—which line the gut and aid in digestion—and “bad” pathogenic bacteria—such as Salmonella or Escherichia colican release LPS, Dr. Zaki explained.”

“…The LPS can move from the gut to the liver via the bloodstream and contribute to inflammation by setting off the JNK and other signaling pathways. Such transport is much more common in chronically inflamed livers such as those of people suffering from hepatitis or fatty liver disease, he said. The study data suggest that NLRP12 suppresses inflammation caused by gut microbiota and cancer-promoting signals, added Dr. Zaki, a member of the Harold C. Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center.”

“…To confirm the gut-liver inflammation-cancer hypothesis, the researchers treated mice with antibiotics to reduce levels of gut bacteria. “Depletion of gut microbiota with antibiotics dramatically reduced tumor growth in mice without Nlrp12,” Dr Zaki said. “This study suggests that NLRP12 could be a potential therapeutic target. It also indicates that finding a way to increase NLRP12 in the liver in combination with current immune checkpoint blockade therapies may improve liver cancer treatment.”
Interesting! What do you make of this article claiming that gut bacteria is necessary to convert BC to retinol?