David PS

A friend suggested coconut flour instead of inulin.
Coconut flour is mostly insoluble fiber, and can apparently be used in this yogurt recipe in place of inulin.
So, I may try that.
Paul
It sounds like a plan. If it does not result in the thick creamy product, then try something else. It is my understanding that if you only use 1 type of prebiotic fiber then you will eventually run into some problems. I alternate between inulin and acacia powders.

Here is an image which is a short list of other foods to consider as sources. Note - coconut is not on this short list.
big-prebiotic-infographic-instagram-jpg.jpeg

I think in one of his interviews he said something along the lines of "For people with low metabolism or sensitive GI tract, intake of fermentable starches should be zero".
“For people with really sensitive intestines or bad bacteria, starch should be zero.” -Ray Peat

Healthseeker

@op
I think there's something to this, I have seen a difference in the soluble fiber you would get in a pot of pinto bean vs. shredded vegetable matter. But, I'm not convinced, yet . It may be something certain people can adapt to. Im mostly posting to watch the thread, but I want to look into this.

Dave Clark

Ray had started to eat oatmeal, which has its fair share of soluble fiber, but also has immune supporting beta glucans.

Sherbert

It was oat bran he talked about as I recall.. but yes the the first thing I thought of too when i heard, was its soluble fibre

TucsonJJ

Noted, I just can't pack the information from the entire study in the title:): After all, the title of the study itself is "...Fermentation of Soluble Fiber Induces Cholestatic Liver Cancer", so my title is still accurate. Especially in the context of Peat's repeated recommendations about avoiding soluble fiber (especially pectin) in favor of insoluble one.
So... psyllium fiber is OK, since it is not very fermentable?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals