PUFA required for periodontal disease, aspirin may help

sunny

I had cleanings performed as well. I had at least 2 cleaning that included ultrasonic devices. I believe these helped and perhaps I should have mentioned them. The ultrasonic devices can clean the hardened plaque that coats the teeth much deeper below the gum line. I do not get the ultrasonic cleanings anymore because they are no longer being recommended. :):

I just read what @Aymen wrote and I agree with him.

I like to rinse with strong salt water (it takes some time to adapt to the taste). Historically, salt water rinses have been used for gum inflammation.
Thank you for that. I guess he will have to do at least one "deep cleaning". They called it "root scaling".
Are you using a salt like pickling salt for the rinses?

David PS

Thank you for that. I guess he will have to do at least one "deep cleaning". They called it "root scaling".
Are you using a salt like pickling salt for the rinses?
You are welcome. Any salt will do. I use Morton's salt and spit out the salt water after rinsing. Then, I avoid eating or drinking until after the salty aftertaste is gone. I want the healthy anti-inflammatory effects of the salt water to last as long as possible.

sunny

You are welcome. Any salt will do. I use Morton's salt and spit out the salt water after rinsing. Then, I avoid eating or drinking until after the salty aftertaste is gone. I want the healthy anti-inflammatory effects of the salt water to last as long as possible.
I wonder if just rinsing and swishing with salt water, or using water pic with salt would have the same effect as this video?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMuMEBKi2_s

David PS

I wonder if just rinsing and swishing with salt water, or using water pic with salt would have the same effect as this video?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMuMEBKi2_s
Yes it might. I do not know and I am not qualified to answer. I would not use a water pic unless you can turn down the water pressure from the pic nozzle. I am thinking that high pressure water may open the pockets. you wan them to close and heal. The video was about 2 minutes in length. Your husband may need to rinse and swish for a time much longer than that..

Aymen

Thank you for this info. Very helpful. He is doing baking soda for brushing, xylitol mints at work after eating. I will add the hydrogen peroxide to the water pic.

What does the cheese do after meals? Do you need a certain kind?
I think it's better to rinse with baking soda than brushing with it, dissolve it in hot water then add cold water and rinse after a meal high in carbs or acidic foods, you can also rinse with salt water as @David PS suggested, i add hydrogen peroxide with salt water once a week and it removes yellow strains.

The bacteria in teeth feeds on carbs, though fruits are better than starches because they have protective things in them. Every time you eat carbs the bacteria uses it and produce acids, the acids are the worst thing and eating cheese after a meal will increase saliva ph and is protective against acid attack, baking soda rinses is good too.

I use parmigianno reggiano and swiss emmentaler because they are raw, no GMOs and the cows are only fed grass or hay.

sunny

I think it's better to rinse with baking soda than brushing with it, dissolve it in hot water then add cold water and rinse after a meal high in carbs or acidic foods, you can also rinse with salt water as @David PS suggested, i add hydrogen peroxide with salt water once a week and it removes yellow strains.

The bacteria in teeth feeds on carbs, though fruits are better than starches because they have protective things in them. Every time you eat carbs the bacteria uses it and produce acids, the acids are the worst thing and eating cheese after a meal will increase saliva ph and is protective against acid attack, baking soda rinses is good too.

I use parmigianno reggiano and swiss emmentaler because they are raw, no GMOs and the cows are only fed grass or hay.
Good, info. We will incorporate these. Thank you.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals