Male Pattern Dandruff?

Francisco

I have, what I would say is, severe dandruff. Large flakes that cover my scalp like scales. I have always had dandruff, but since last winter it has become significantly worse than ever before.
One thing I’ve noticed is that the flakes are only on the top of my head in the same pattern as you see in hair loss from “androgenetic alopecia”. The back and sides of my scalp are completely flake and itch free, whereas the top of my scalp is covered in scales and is always itchy and sore.
Does anybody know why this is?

Bushido1

I have the suspicion that itchiness and dandruff is totally correlated with hair loss. I have been experiencing lots of itchiness in the parts that I am experiencing hair loss this last year.

With that said, I don't know why this happens or how to even stop the itching/hair loss.

I suspect that bacteria might be causing the itchiness and that killing it topically might be an effort worth trying. I haven't had any success with it yet tho!

Keep us updated on how it goes!

baccheion

Dandruff is usually due to fungus if not dry skin. Certain nutrient deficiencies (B2, etc) also result in a situation that looks like dandruff.

Many have gotten rid of dandruff (for months at a time) by applying SSKI (potassium iodide) directly to the scalp. Beyond that, it's about addressing fungal overgrowth or whatever else was causing it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals