Red light for male pattern baldness wavelenght

slowin

Hey guys,
I'm suffering from male pattern baldness and I'm currently switching to Peat lifestyle. I want to try red light therapy but I don't know which wavelenght is the best (infrared or visible red)?

Many thanks !!

dlind70

Probably not worth obsessing over but the best red light is to get one of those chicken lamps from GE it's a giant red bulb and it should fit into most sockets you just find it at your local Walmart Kroger Ace hardware Woodman's Meijer what have you it's a GE bulb and it's really simple to find and use. I do not know the wavelengths but it's basically if you can find a chicken light it is the perfect wavelength because they use the chicken light to breed chickens

Milk Consumer

As dlind70 says above, Ray Peat usually recommends chicken/ heat lamps. These are incandescent bulbs, so they produce a broader spectrum of light than LED. It seems like Ray Peat thinks this is safer than isolated wavelengths.

That said, I believe most studies are done with LED, at a narrow spectrum, maybe mostly to be easier to reproduce results. So up to you to pick.

The chicken lamp also produce quite a lot of heat, unlike LED. But the heat might also have a therapeutic effect

dlind70

Yes and be very careful with the hot lamp. Do not have it near your skin if you plan on sleeping. You'll get third degree burns for real.