Is This Male Pattern Baldness Or Stress Hair Loss?

Lucas

Hello.

These are the pictures of my scalp. I am 38 years old.

I am hypo, whit very low body temp and TSH at 5.

Is this normal male baldness, so at 40 years old I will have no more hair, or this is the hair loss of hypothyroidism, stress, excess cortisol, etc.

Attachments

• bald 2.jpg
    bald 2.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 171
  • bald.jpg
    bald.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 161
  • bald3.jpg
    bald3.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 149
Your hair is thick at the back and sides, and thin on top, in the classic "male pattern baldness" progression.

If you adopt a hair loss regimen by adopting many of Ray peats suggestions, boosting androgens, and perhaps some direct topical measures you should be able to stop the loss and regain some ground.
Also eradicate peripheral issues like candida ind the gut. Iron overload in the liver etc.

...and in the meantime, shave the back and sides of your hair tighter, and crop the hair on top a little longer than the sides which will be a more conservative hair style that minimises the visual impact of the hair loss.

OP
L

Lucas

Thank you very much!!

Yes, sadly I think that baldness is on the way, but I don’t care much, if I can be a health bald no problem. The priority now is to treat my hypothyroidism. The good is that now I have a before picture of my hair, so when my TSH be lower than 1 and my temps at normal, I will can post pictures here to show or not the effects of the thyroid on hair. My face is bloated, puffy, but I am to ugly to show it here.

OP
L

Lucas

Also, I did a month of taurine whit good results, but stopped from the fatigue of this. So now, is an anti-pufa diet and thyroid hormone.

OP
L

Lucas

Well, I am cold all the time, have pain and weakness on my legs, and fight fatigue all day.

I too, besides high TSH, have to ferritin at 230. I don’t know if this is enough iron to cause loss of hair.

Evan

Lucas, I would start with overall good nutrition. That is definitely stress related (low thyroid, high estrogen, cortisol, etc,)
I would start with getting enough protein from good sources. Milk, cheese (if you can tolerate them, but you need a good source of calcium), gelatin, beef, eggs
Supplemental foods: Liver (few times a week) oysters, shrimp.
Fruits, and enough carbohydrates (Fresh*** OJ, ripe fruits (Grapes, cherries,) Potatoes

Supplements: The fat soluble vitamins A,D,E, K2. Getting enough vitamin A is crucial and will have to experiment the right dose to see which is right for you. Maybe a B complex (idealabs energin) aspirin, thyroid hormone.

Coconut oil. Replace everything you might be eating that is processed and typical grocery food with real food. Cook it with coconut oil, and try to sneak some in every chance you get.

Getting enough calories is crucial also as this will help the body fight off stress.
You may want to try a red light machine to regrow lost hair and halt further loss. (overmatchogrande.com sells the best one on the market and is superior to anyone on the market.)

Goodluck

Evan

Other things to consider would be activated charcoal for any gut inflammation.
The charcoal and the fat soluble vitamins should get rid of the puffiness pretty quickly if you're doing this everyday. Avoid beer if you drink it a lot, grains, bread, maybe gluten entirely.

Do you have any questions?

OP
L

Lucas

Hello. Thank you for your suggestions.

Why do you think this type of hair loss is stress related and not typical male pattern baldness?

Evan

Well you said you're hypothyroid, and your face was puffy which to me means its high estrogen. Which you could still have that shape of MPB but theres nothing really "male" about it. Women still get that also. So to me its hypothyroidism, which is causing high estrogen and other stress hormones leading to hair fall.

OP
L

Lucas

This is how I look. See the bloat on my face, and I have less than 32’’ waist, 72 kg, 5’9.5’’ height, veins on my arms.

Attachments

• hypo.jpg
    hypo.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 205

Herbie

My hair has grown back significantly since implementing rays work. Danny Roddy's latest videos are good for understanding whats happening with hair loss and why.

marsaday

Your face (under chin) looks typical mild hypothyroidism. I have the same issues and my face is much tighter now because i take T4.

My hair however, is happy to carry on slowly loosing itself on the crown. I am 45 and this hair loss started properly around late 30's. I still look like i have all my hair, but on photos you can really see a large bald spot at the back.

So i haven't been able to stop the hair loss, but i don't take anything specific for it. I take B3, T4, a little T3 sometimes, Vit D and progesterone (every day).

I should try and get my hormones tested. Which hormones are the ones to get tested for this issue ?

Dante

I should try and get my hormones tested. Which hormones are the ones to get tested for this issue ?
For hair loss, to be honest, very few serum hormones markers that varies between control and hair loss group have been reproducible in various studies. Low SHBG and higher free androgen index have been seen in studies in aggressive MPB ( balding in late teens and 20's). Sometimes high prolactin also. Other than that few reliable markers. Since you are on this forum , you would have already got your thyroid panel. Danny Roddy also places importance on liver enzymes. So, SBHG, free T and total T, liver panel

redlight

A friend of mine rapidly lost most of his hair within 2 years... I told him to get a blood test...
He had lowish - normal SHBG, high prolactin, high E2.... classic case