Diffuse Thinning Hairloss Thread - How to Solve?

helpmyhair

I don't suffer from typical MPB, rather I have both patterned and diffused thinning. Meaning that my hair is thinning where men usually go bald, as well, my back and sides are a little bit thinner as well. So it is a form of MPB, but its different than the traditional temple recession and crown balding.

I feel that this type of hairloss requires a different approach. So I created this tread for all of use diffuse thinners to be able to discuss what is working and finding a solution.

One observation I've made is that I've been having persistent stomach issues (cramping, bloating, stomach pains, etc.) and during this time, my hair sheds like crazy and I have scalp inflammation. Definitely losing hair. This happened to me several years back and lasted a year with stomach issues. Back then I was somehow able to solve my stomach problems and the shedding stopped and I had a bunch of regrowth with my hair growing back in thicker with no scalp inflammation. So the gut/stomach is definitely a major player in diffuse thinning. Unfortunately my stomach pains have come back for the last 8 or 9 months and I'm losing so much density. It also seems that stress, anxiety, etc. can play a role in this type of hairloss.

Now we need to figure out some type of remedies so fix this. If you are having success with your diffuse thinning, please share what is working for you.

Ben.

im having thinning too and it is due to digestive issues 100%. in my case i think the cause is a infection but cant realy knowfor sure since i have alot of other issues too.

when i have constipation and or excess inflammation the thinning gets worse.

what seemed to help noticably but didnt fix it long term is ozone insufflation, methylene blue and boron.

im assuming there is underlying malnutrition due to inability of assimilation and infecions causing endotoxins/mycotoxins both stealing and unusably binding nutrtients (specifically trace elements). Im not the first one to notice impressive thickening from trace element supplementation.

L_C

I would look into endotoxins. They inflame everything. Also, try elimination diet. I suspect there are some foods you eat that irritate your gut.

DrJ

Could it be fungal? Maybe your microbiome is out of whack.

OP
H

helpmyhair

im having thinning too and it is due to digestive issues 100%. in my case i think the cause is a infection but cant realy knowfor sure since i have alot of other issues too.

when i have constipation and or excess inflammation the thinning gets worse.

what seemed to help noticably but didnt fix it long term is ozone insufflation, methylene blue and boron.

im assuming there is underlying malnutrition due to inability of assimilation and infecions causing endotoxins/mycotoxins both stealing and unusably binding nutrtients (specifically trace elements). Im not the first one to notice impressive thickening from trace element supplementation.
So do you think trying a trace elements supplement could work to thicken the hair back up and help with the stomach issues? Which one do you use? Would an electrolyte supplement work? I ask cause I currently have liquid electrolytes

OP
H

helpmyhair

I would look into endotoxins. They inflame everything. Also, try elimination diet. I suspect there are some foods you eat that irritate your gut.
My gut is just irritated 24/7.. food or no food. Definitely feels like an infection. Have taken a few courses of antibiotics and each time it fixes things for about a month and my hair loss stabilizes, but after that month, the pains come back as does the hair loss. Don't know what to do

OP
H

helpmyhair

Could it be fungal? Maybe your microbiome is out of whack.
Possible. I had an endoscopy and they found candida in my esophagus. I was giving an anti fungal for a couple of weeks, so that should've cleared up. But either way, that was in my esophagus, not my stomach and the pains I am having is in the gut. Kind of like cramping but worse.

L_C

My gut is just irritated 24/7.. food or no food. Definitely feels like an infection. Have taken a few courses of antibiotics and each time it fixes things for about a month and my hair loss stabilizes, but after that month, the pains come back as does the hair loss. Don't know what to do
Do you take anything against endotoxins? You should, especially if you are on antibiotics. I have been taking charcoal, zeolite and chlorophyll. LadyRae suggested that and it's helping.

There are also certain probiotics that can help as well...b.coagulans, subtilis and clausii (I think. Look into that).

Also, maybe you should do comprehensive stool test.

OP
H

helpmyhair

Do you take anything against endotoxins? You should, especially if you are on antibiotics. I have been taking charcoal, zeolite and chlorophyll. LadyRae suggested that and it's helping.

There are also certain probiotics that can help as well...b.coagulans, subtilis and clausii (I think. Look into that).

Also, maybe you should do comprehensive stool test.
Not currently on antibiotics but I was. And each time it solved things for a few weeks or a month, but then the pains rebounded.

Problem with charcoal is it can make you constipated.. and my motility is already kind of slow.

I've done several stool tests in the past months. Last one showed I was clear of the bacterias and parasites they test for. I've also done an endoscopy, colonoscopy, X-ray, ultrasound, and blood tests. Still haven't found a long term solution.

L_C

Not currently on antibiotics but I was. And each time it solved things for a few weeks or a month, but then the pains rebounded.

Problem with charcoal is it can make you constipated.. and my motility is already kind of slow.

I've done several stool tests in the past months. Last one showed I was clear of the bacterias and parasites they test for. I've also done an endoscopy, colonoscopy, X-ray, ultrasound, and blood tests. Still haven't found a long term solution.
Hm, that's a tough one. Sorry you are going through this. Must be irritating to do all these tests and not be able to figure it out.

Usually, I take cascara with charcoal. I have been taking it for over a year and still have quite a bit of endotoxin overload (I think).

Anyway, I hope somebody more knowledgeable will chime in with some suggestions.

Ben.

What trace elements specifically?

For me Boron helps alot. The husband from my hairdresser had huge success with mainstream advice that is high dose zinc (altough i told him that long term he needs to balance copper etc with it).

ALso found Jason Kaplowitz that calls himself the crazy hair chemist to be a interesting persona. On the picture on his homepage it seems he regrew quite some hair back on his hairline. Theres also this girl at this workshop i used to visit regularily that had thinning at the middle of hair scalp and she told me she managed it with a mutlivitamin/multimineral. Upon checking it it was quite high aswell with zinc and selenium.

Most trace-element rebalancing gurus recommend eating tons of steamed veggies. I personally can't tell you which trace element or food is right for you. I guess thats trial and error. And not only that, the question is if you find one that does help, what dosage? And what would be a causal explanation as to why it helps?

With boron my explanation would be improved magnesium/vitamin D while being a superb antifungal.

OP
H

helpmyhair

For me Boron helps alot. The husband from my hairdresser had huge success with mainstream advice that is high dose zinc (altough i told him that long term he needs to balance copper etc with it).

ALso found Jason Kaplowitz that calls himself the crazy hair chemist to be a interesting persona. On the picture on his homepage it seems he regrew quite some hair back on his hairline. Theres also this girl at this workshop i used to visit regularily that had thinning at the middle of hair scalp and she told me she managed it with a mutlivitamin/multimineral. Upon checking it it was quite high aswell with zinc and selenium.

Most trace-element rebalancing gurus recommend eating tons of steamed veggies. I personally can't tell you which trace element or food is right for you. I guess thats trial and error. And not only that, the question is if you find one that does help, what dosage? And what would be a causal explanation as to why it helps?

With boron my explanation would be improved magnesium/vitamin D while being a superb antifungal.
So do you suggest we supplement with Boron in order to thicken our hair? If so, at what dosage? and is it safe to take on its own?

Ben.

So do you suggest we supplement with Boron in order to thicken our hair? If so, at what dosage? and is it safe to take on its own?

I did not mean to say you should take that. Just mentioned what seemed to make a difference for me and other anecdotes that show value to trace elements and i thought it was good trowhing that ball into the thread.

I dont know your body nor what you are in need of so i cant make recommendation. Trial and error for every individual. Usual dosages with boron are 3-10mg if one would want to try it. For curing joint issues its 10-30mg a day for a month or two altough i dont have experience with such high dosages myself.

Some people guide themself with hair/nail analysis testing to gauge what minerals they could need but not sure how much validity can be realy attributed to them.

If the hair thinning comes as a result of a infection antibiotics, antifungal or antiparasitic remedys could help aswell imo (altough they usually worsened it for me with the exception of ozone which stops the thinning quickly for me when i get a flare up).

Superhumaness

I've tried MANY things. Currently having Ozone IV to see if I can improve circulation and reduce/remove bacteria. I will let you know if that makes a difference. A few years ago my hair got thick (wasn't trying) at the time I was eating a lot of nutritional yeast. Probably has nothing to do with it but it's worth a shot. That is the stand out thing I was doing. Life was way less stressful then also..stress is a big factor I'd say. Also just about to add citrulline to my supplement bundle. Thanks for opening the thread.

OP
H

helpmyhair

Bumping this thread because hair is thinning out by the day and scaring me. Someone please help! I think if I could resolves my constipation and stomach pains, shedding would likely slow down and I might be able to thicken up again

OP
H

helpmyhair

maybe try coffee enemas for the constipation?
What I've been doing for constipation is taking magnesium citrate before bed, and it will reliably give me a BM the next day.

But a big issue I has is I always feel dehydrated/dry. Skin is dry, lips, hair, mouth, etc.. all very dry. It makes me think that the lack of water in my system is making it hard to have proper motility and causing the constipation and also stomach pains.

L_C

What I've been doing for constipation is taking magnesium citrate before bed, and it will reliably give me a BM the next day.

But a big issue I has is I always feel dehydrated/dry. Skin is dry, lips, hair, mouth, etc.. all very dry. It makes me think that the lack of water in my system is making it hard to have proper motility and causing the constipation and also stomach pains.
Do you eat dairy? Have you ever tested vitamin A and PTH? Usually, dry skin & hair could be due to high vitamin A...I mean it could be many things.

Perhaps, it's something in your diet...have you tried elimination?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals