Fixing Gut Health In Order To Cease Further Hairloss

helpmyhair

Last year, I had a stomach infection that lasted 2 weeks. Since then my stomach has been in a weird state and I've lost so much ground in a very short period of time. Prior to this, I was maintaining quite nicely. Now I cannot control the loss and its been a year now which is worrying

These days, I can tell that my stomach health determines how much I shed. If I have a cheat meal and eat chicken wings and fries for example, I will literally shed 100 hairs the next morning when I wake up and hair will look terrible. Also my stomach could never take a meal like this anymore.. I get alot of stomach aches the next day. People with good hair can literally eat whatever they want and not lose any hair which leads me to believe that their gut health might be in a good state.

So how can I fix my stomach issues and gut health in order to control my excessive hairloss? I went to a doctor about this a month ago and they didn't have anything to say really. My guess is its leaky gut or some kind of bacterial overgrowth, but I'm not sure. Really need help as I'm losing hope about keeping my hair.

Scenes

Honestly I think the best response isn’t very Peaty:

1) cut out all dairy and grains except white rice.

2) eliminate common problem foods for people like eggs, fruits, honey. Gradually reintroduce them to your diet systematically to test if they cause any issues.

3) add sauerkraut or other fermented vegetables to your daily and take a tablespoon of acv with meals to help with digestion and good bacteria.

A more Peaty suggestion might be:

1) eliminate starch and pufas.

2) drink milk (raw?) and eat fruit - separately mostly I guess.

The first set of suggestions have been far more useful to me personally.

Arnold Grape

Have you tried activated charcoal? Mainly I would stick to easily digestible foods and smaller, timed meals about every three hours. It seems like if chicken wings are making an appearance here you are not taking your diet or health issues seriously. -$0.02

ddjd

Last year, I had a stomach infection that lasted 2 weeks. Since then my stomach has been in a weird state and I've lost so much ground in a very short period of time. Prior to this, I was maintaining quite nicely. Now I cannot control the loss and its been a year now which is worrying

These days, I can tell that my stomach health determines how much I shed. If I have a cheat meal and eat chicken wings and fries for example, I will literally shed 100 hairs the next morning when I wake up and hair will look terrible. Also my stomach could never take a meal like this anymore.. I get alot of stomach aches the next day. People with good hair can literally eat whatever they want and not lose any hair which leads me to believe that their gut health might be in a good state.

So how can I fix my stomach issues and gut health in order to control my excessive hairloss? I went to a doctor about this a month ago and they didn't have anything to say really. My guess is its leaky gut or some kind of bacterial overgrowth, but I'm not sure. Really need help as I'm losing hope about keeping my hair.
Sounds like you have the same issue as me- serotonin causing your hair loss. I have to be quite strict with what I eat but if I'm not and I'm desperate to stop the shedding then taking a Serotonin antagonist like cypro will work to stop it

Broken man

Vitamin D, cascara, thiamin, riboflavin, cypro and digestive enzymes, red light, taurin, coffee

Dobbler

Quite interesting that even Ray recommends Wormwood and Black walnut, this is from email exchanges:
"I think the first safer thing would be flowers of sulfur for about 3 days, then the herbs [wormwood, black walnut hull and cloves] if you don't see results with the sulfur."

I have all of those , maybe i should try them. What are good dosages?

DrJ

I find that eating large amounts of saturated fats can help alleviate a lot of dietary sins. If you're skipping dairy, get it from coconut oil or a coconut milk without gums.

Saturated fat gives you lots of digestive advantages: increased bile production (unless something wrong there), not problematic to digest if you have low stomach acid production, and it reduces the burden on the liver as well as protects it from PUFA damage, alcohol damage, etc. Also, saturated fats with adequate calcium can combine in the intestine to form calcium soaps which are antibacterial and protect the lining of the intestine while still allowing nutrients to get through.

EIRE24

I find that eating large amounts of saturated fats can help alleviate a lot of dietary sins. If you're skipping dairy, get it from coconut oil or a coconut milk without gums.

Saturated fat gives you lots of digestive advantages: increased bile production (unless something wrong there), not problematic to digest if you have low stomach acid production, and it reduces the burden on the liver as well as protects it from PUFA damage, alcohol damage, etc. Also, saturated fats with adequate calcium can combine in the intestine to form calcium soaps which are antibacterial and protect the lining of the intestine while still allowing nutrients to get through.
What if one was on a low fat diet? Should one meal a week of high fat be enough to get these advantages?

OP
H

helpmyhair

Sounds like you have the same issue as me- serotonin causing your hair loss. I have to be quite strict with what I eat but if I'm not and I'm desperate to stop the shedding then taking a Serotonin antagonist like cypro will work to stop it

So cypro tames serotonin? How do I get my hands on cypro?

OP
H

helpmyhair

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I might give activated charcoal a shot.

What about fixing the gut lining... what do you guys think of Glutamine?

ddjd

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I might give activated charcoal a shot.

What about fixing the gut lining... what do you guys think of Glutamine?
Activated charcoal actually increases my shedding. I'd be intrigued to hear how you react to it

Frankdee20

The slimy insides of the Okra vegetable is purported to be helpful for the gut. Don’t know if it’s due to glutamine.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals