What stopped your hairloss?

helpmyhair

My hairloss has sped up like crazy over the last year, especially the last couple of months, I've also noticed that during this time,. I've had a lot of scalp inflammation and itch. Sometimes I can calm it and other times it out of control and I shed like crazy. Really dont wanna lose my hair and starting to get desperate.

If you were able to stop your hairloss, how did you do it? And if you got regrowth, how did you achieve that?

And please don't say just Peating.. cause I've been doing that and it hasn't helped.

BrianF

Never significantly regrew hair but have had regrowth. However, I have arrested hairloss over time. I attribute that to eating liver. It both stopped hairloss and ended adult acne for me.

Simply it's the vitamin a. Don't over do the vitamin a because it can also cause it, but consuming liver once a week might help you massively.

Do you eat liver?

BrianF

Also, judging by your symptoms, I would immediately use an anti fungal shampoo like nizoral and once again, dont over do it.

OP
H

helpmyhair

Also, judging by your symptoms, I would immediately use an anti fungal shampoo like nizoral and once again, dont over do it.
I use nizoral sometimes but it doesn't seem to help and can make the scalp itch worse. But its possible there being a fungal infection on my scalp. That being said, many people with hairloss experience scalp inflammation. Sometimes, I would put some caster oil on my scalp for 10 minutes and then wash it out. That could really calm the scalp inflammation down for a day or two.

I don't eat liver anymore as I can't stomach it. But when it I used to eat it, it didnt help my hair loss

BrianF

I think fungal infection can be linked to excess sebum and the vitamin a in liver certainly regulates sebum production.

If I were a young guy, I'd eat dog feaces from a busy street in front of my traumatised six year old daughter if it would keep me from going bald. I suggest you try small amounts of liver once a week and monitor the situation over the course of time.

I'd also do inversion, buy a scalp massage machine (keep it clean) and loosen up your scalp a bit. Dermaroll lightly and once a week only And also, try alpacin shampoo as a regular shampoo, use it directly after the Dermaroll. Use niacin too for the flush.

Better circulation, regulate sebum and keep fungus away, should at least slow the hairloss

Last edited:

Jennifer

If you were able to stop your hairloss, how did you do it? And if you got regrowth, how did you achieve that?

Greatly increasing my protein intake and eliminating irritating foods from my diet not only stopped my hair fallout—it was coming out in clumps—but tripled the amount of hair I had—it went from a 1/2” diameter to a 1 1/2” diameter—however, I was coming from a deficient diet (low-protein, fruit-based) so I’m not sure it would have the same effect on those whose diet is adequate.

Summer

I’ve been doing a lot different for about a month now and I have to say, while I do still have some shedding, I’ve noticed so much less in the past few weeks. Here’s what I’ve been doing:

- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid powder): ~3000 - 4000mg per day, spread out in four separate doses four hours apart. I didn’t even start doing this for hair. It’s for oral and skin health.

- I’ve started shampooing my hair once or twice a week and conditioning everyday using Giovanni 50:50 Balanced shampoo and conditioner (separate items). I had gone a full year using no shampoo and it didn’t do anything for my dandruff and hair loss. If anything, it made it worse.

- After I gently blot-dry my clean hair with a cotton shirt, I liberally spray in Cult + King Tonik, making sure to massage it onto the scalp. The ingredients include salicylic acid and saw palmetto extract.

I just started supplementing gelatin after a long hiatus and applying castor oil to my areas of minor recession just before bed. I’m hoping these produce positive results over time. I also want to start doing some of the Rob English scalp massages again. They just take so much time.

Like I said, I’ve been experiencing noticeably less hair loss since I’ve started the first three points above. Time will tell if they’re really working.

Summer

Greatly increasing my protein intake and eliminating irritating foods from my diet not only stopped my hair fallout—it was coming out in clumps—but tripled the amount of hair I had—it went from a 1/2” diameter to a 1 1/2” diameter—however, I was coming from a deficient diet (low-protein, fruit-based) so I’m not sure it would have the same effect on those whose diet is adequate.
Which foods did you need to eliminate if you don’t mind me asking?

Jennifer

Which foods did you need to eliminate if you don’t mind me asking?

Most fruit and excess fiber.

I just started supplementing gelatin after a long hiatus and applying castor oil to my areas of minor recession just before bed. I’m hoping these produce positive results over time. I also want to start doing some of the Rob English scalp massages again. They just take so much time.

I’m interested to see how gelatin affects your hair. Last fall, my aunt asked me for advice on how to treat some gut issues she was experiencing and I gave her a tub of marine collagen and about 2 months later, I received a text from her asking where I had purchased the collagen because not only had her gut issues resolved, her hairdresser wanted to know what she had been doing because a bald patch she had near her left temple had filled in.

Summer

Most fruit and excess fiber.

I’m interested to see how gelatin affects your hair. Last fall, my aunt asked me for advice on how to treat some gut issues she was experiencing and I gave her a tub of marine collagen and about 2 months later, I received a text from her asking where I had purchased the collagen because not only had her gut issues resolved, her hairdresser wanted to know what she had been doing because a bald patch she had near her left temple had filled in.
thanks for the for the response on fruit. And that’s awesome! I was just looking at some marine collagen at the store yesterday. I will report back for sure. How much marine collage did your aunt use daily?

Peater

If it's potentially fungal what about supplementing boron? Only mention it as I've been reading up on it here, and it's been mentioned as an antifungal.

Jennifer

thanks for the for the response on fruit. And that’s awesome! I was just looking at some marine collagen at the store yesterday. I will report back for sure. How much marine collage did your aunt use daily?

You’re welcome. :) She does 1 scoop (10 grams) in her morning coffee and that’s it for the day.

zorba990

Jarrow NAC sustain. I went up to 3 two times a day which is huge dosage but never had an issue. It took that much to stop the shedding after a mercury exposure years earlier. Nothing grew back but shedding went close to none.

jondoeuk

I use nizoral sometimes but it doesn't seem to help and can make the scalp itch worse. But its possible there being a fungal infection on my scalp. That being said, many people with hairloss experience scalp inflammation. Sometimes, I would put some caster oil on my scalp for 10 minutes and then wash it out. That could really calm the scalp inflammation down for a day or two.

I don't eat liver anymore as I can't stomach it. But when it I used to eat it, it didnt help my hair loss

If you have an overgrowth of a yeast (pityrosporum, aka malassezia), it (nizoral) should help, but once under control, only be used once or twice weekly.

Pablo Cruise

My hairloss has sped up like crazy over the last year, especially the last couple of months, I've also noticed that during this time,. I've had a lot of scalp inflammation and itch. Sometimes I can calm it and other times it out of control and I shed like crazy. Really dont wanna lose my hair and starting to get desperate.

And please don't say just Peating.. cause I've been doing that and it hasn't helped.
What are you trying? Try Minoxidil oral tabs and Finasteride or Dutaseride. Nizoral shampoo usually will help. Most of the topicals except maybe topical Finasteride do not do much. Caffeine stimulates growth so may have some minor benefit. Leave on hair for at least one minute. Wait 3 months for benefits.

Everything else? I would say.....save your money.

JamesGatz

What are you trying? Try Minoxidil oral tabs and Finasteride or Dutaseride. Nizoral shampoo usually will help. Most of the topicals except maybe topical Finasteride do not do much. Caffeine stimulates growth so may have some minor benefit. Leave on hair for at least one minute. Wait 3 months for benefits.

Or.... Maybe he shouldn't obliterate his male hormones and instead fix metabolism, metabolism goes way deeper than diet/supplements and the right move here is to fix the environment and address stressors

jondoeuk

Stay away from oral minoxidil

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAoEP3pO7Po

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals