Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

Jack Earth

@Jack Earth Why doesn't he recommend coffee?
All hair success stories I've read on this forum credit coffee as a staple.

He said it can increase shedding. I dont follow that or the no dairy and low protein (yet).
Looks like elephantos hair protocol isnt ideal if you want to keep muscle mass.
I may try it though see what happens

blueorca

@Jack Earth Why doesn't he recommend coffee?
All hair success stories I've read on this forum credit coffee as a staple.
He said that coffee is stressing for some people and cortisol is very bad for hair. Also there is an acid in coffee which i cant remember that is gut irritating. However, if you can handle it he says you can drink it. Elephanto told me that he drinks only one cup in the morning with dairy cream(palmitic acid which is anti-stress) because coffee as some benefits as well since it an opioid antagonist. Dietary opioid peptides are bad for hair which is why he doesnt consume gluten and much dairy since they have these peptides. Also it decreases nitric oxide which he says in bad for hair.

Jack Earth

Dietary opioid peptides are bad for hair which is why he doesnt consume gluten and much dairy since they have these peptides. Also it decreases nitric oxide which he says in bad for hair.

Decreasing nitric oxide is bad for hair?

GreekDemiGod

So Aspirin is great for my hair, I have to take it. However, it kills my erections. How can I counteract this?
I definitely have normal / optimal levels of Estrogen (even lower since peating), so the benefit I get from Aspirin is not from lowering estrogen.
I'm lean with an athletic physique.

Ableton

Same, Aspirin gives me insane calmness. What kills my erections is low estrogen actually. I am low estrogen too, but after a weekend of partying (Alcohol, fast food etc.) my libido and erections skyrocket, and the MPB itch typically appears. Chances are, you are too low in Estrogen for good erections. Try having a beer before and see if it helps

Kunstruct

Aspirin gives me insane calmness.
Hmm insane calmness, insane not sure how to take that, like agitated calmness? Or depersonalization?

Aspirin gives me major over-talkativeness, every time I took it, quite honestly I am not really looking forward to taking it.
Back in the day was good for headaches, now seems useless for that matter.

GreekDemiGod

@Ableton Was never a fan of beer. I'd rather drink whisky or whine.
There must me a way to keep great hair without turning us into eunuchs.
I saw regrowth from oral Aspirin + Taurine in only a few weeks.
Maybe improving thyroid will give us a healthy libido in the presence of low estrogen.

Ableton

Hmm insane calmness, insane not sure how to take that, like agitated calmness? Or depersonalization?

Aspirin gives me major over-talkativeness, every time I took it, quite honestly I am not really looking forward to taking it.
Back in the day was good for headaches, now seems useless for that matter.
When I have anxiety, it fades after taking it. no depersonalization.

Ableton

Little update:

nothing yet, hair wise, still too esrly though. Maybe some little stuff on my hairline.

whats noticable though is that my veins all over my body are popping like crazy, despite working out less the last weeks. They are much more visible/blue. Is this a sign of decalcification? Is the magnesium and boron causing this and is this a good sign for my health in general?

For the first time I stopped taking all the supps for 3 days now, and I hate to say it but I am feeling better already. I think I will lower dosages of the vits im taking and continue with mag and taurine like before.

still having water retention, i think i am going to create a new topic for that

Leo85

First post here. I believe I am seeing new hair growth for the first time in my life. However, without pictures it may be all in my head. But my hair does seem thicker and I see lots of baby hairs on the front of my hairline where it had receded when I was sixteen and took accutane.

My father is bald. My grandpa is bald. I am 34 and still have a decent head of hair. I had taken vitamins, fish oil, all the greens, and nutrients since my hair had receded until I stopped recently. And I have used nioxin, but stopped a long time ago and started using and still use redken cerafill (maybe the only reason why I still have hair).

Just recently, I started following Matt Blackburn on instagram, and started implementing his recommendations that are somewhat similar to Ray Peat. For example, taking lots of vitamin e, decreasing Pufas, and taking the aspirin etc. etc..

Because I implemented a whole new way, I do not know what is causing the outbreak of baby hairs. I started noticing shortly after taking Haidut's Gonadin, and Energin, plus being under a 250 watt heat lamp (not too many times). I mean what I am seeing, is it all in my head? Because I swear I never seen those few hairs in that spot before. Nor do I remember a ton of small hairs being where my hair is receded, and it seems thicker. If I know what happened, if it happened, hopefully it will continue to grow, or at the very least, stop falling out.

Last edited:

srirachamatcha

For a couple of months now I've been applying topical potassium iodide solution (Lugols 2%) onto thinning/balding spots on my hairline and it baby hairs have been growing back. I'm not too sure what the mechanism is as to why this is happening but I believe it has to do with increased blood flow to the applied area as well as a reduction in fungal/bacterial matter as it is a potent antifungal/bacterial.

lampofred

For a couple of months now I've been applying topical potassium iodide solution (Lugols 2%) onto thinning/balding spots on my hairline and it baby hairs have been growing back. I'm not too sure what the mechanism is as to why this is happening but I believe it has to do with increased blood flow to the applied area as well as a reduction in fungal/bacterial matter as it is a potent antifungal/bacterial.

Nathan Hatch wrote that iodine can saturate PUFAs or something along that line.

I haven't posted in forever, but hey guys.

You know what I've recently realized is amazing for hair growth and dirt cheap? CELERY.

Take a look at the nutrition info: Celery, raw Nutrition Facts & Calories
It has a lot of great vitamins and minerals, and one thing that's not listed there that celery is actually a really good source of, is SILICA. I found celery to be an amazing hair food for me, and it's inexpensive and easy to prepare.

I followed Ray's work for about two years and have had some really good success integrating a lot of his ideas.

Cheers,
HN9

Mossy

I haven't posted in forever, but hey guys.

You know what I've recently realized is amazing for hair growth and dirt cheap? CELERY.

Take a look at the nutrition info: Celery, raw Nutrition Facts & Calories
It has a lot of great vitamins and minerals, and one thing that's not listed there that celery is actually a really good source of, is SILICA. I found celery to be an amazing hair food for me, and it's inexpensive and easy to prepare.

I followed Ray's work for about two years and have had some really good success integrating a lot of his ideas.

Cheers,
HN9
Interesting—though I know celery is not a Peaty food. I wonder if celery juice would be a more potent dose of those nutrients and benefits.

Interesting—though I know celery is not a Peaty food. I wonder if celery juice would be a more potent dose of those nutrients and benefits.

Anecdotal, but I did try juicing it for awhile and frequently found that it didn't agree with me. Maybe a drank it too fast, I don't know. I like to just grab a single stalk, wash it off, and eat it raw as a snack. You don't really need to eat all that much. I just go by appetite. You could of course also cook with it.

Mossy

Anecdotal, but I did try juicing it for awhile and frequently found that it didn't agree with me. Maybe a drank it too fast, I don't know. I like to just grab a single stalk, wash it off, and eat it raw as a snack. You don't really need to eat all that much. I just go by appetite. You could of course also cook with it.
Yeah, I’d say that would be the most appetizing way to eat it. Peanut butter on raw celery is a popular snack, though the peanut butter would amplify the non-Peatiness of it even further. I will keep the celery in mind, though.

GorillaHead

I’d like to add this into the record. I have officially stopped/dramatically dropped off hair shedding using topical Miconazole nitrate. I rub it in my head let it sit for 5 mins. Rinse and boom the next day I can’t get hairs to fall out anymore. This has been the case for the past 3 days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals