Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

Matt C

@Matt C Strikingly similar to me.you. You have to go up to 5g of Taurine / day.
I spend little time in sunlight.

Thanks for the reply man.

I'll def increase my taurine. Unfortunately the powder I bought doesn't have a scoop so I use half a teaspoon twice a day which im guessing is still under 2 grams.

stackz07

Thanks for the response. I should of mentioned I definitely eat carbs, I tend to crave them quite a bit and don't feel full unless I have them.

I eat my eggs with wheat free bread and always have my meat with either rice or mashed potatoes.

I also have fruit smoothies most days so I get a decent amount of fructose.

I try and get outdoors as much as I can, in australia it's pretty good for me.

Ashwagandha causes hyperthyroidism. A lot of people shed on it.

Ron J

What is a good substitute for time spent in sunlight for those living in places with long winters?
D3, red light?
UVB light. Many of the sets sold online are expensive for no reason. You can either make one yourself, or buy a light bulb that was recommend by Ray Peat. I don't remember exactly what it was; I think mercury vapor bulb. Perhaps someone knows.

Matt C

Ashwagandha causes hyperthyroidism. A lot of people shed on it.

I've read a lot about it reducing cortisol which is why i started taking it but I noticed on here people saying how it increases serotonin. I've stopped as of yesterday. Going with holy basil instead.

GreekDemiGod

How would MCT oil influence hair health? I've read @Elephanto mentioning Coconut Oil in his list of actions / supplements.
Is MCT oil androgenic?

Still have a bottle from my Keto days and usually consume 1 tbsp / day with coffee.

Orangeyouglad

How would MCT oil influence hair health? I've read @Elephanto mentioning Coconut Oil in his list of actions / supplements.
Is MCT oil androgenic?

Still have a bottle from my Keto days and usually consume 1 tbsp / day with coffee.

I've read somewhere that coconut oil was listed in a protocol to raise T. Also can kill bacteria. Maybe that's another useful mechanism.

stackz07

I've read a lot about it reducing cortisol which is why i started taking it but I noticed on here people saying how it increases serotonin. I've stopped as of yesterday. Going with holy basil instead.
Go with nothing. Most of those herbs/supps/noots have negative downstream effects.

Edit: make your own gelatin, and/or try some Magtein if you're looking for stress resistance.

What is a good substitute for time spent in sunlight for those living in places with long winters?
D3, red light?

Not the most popular option... but.. low-moderate UV tanning will cause your body to produce vitamin D. Skip the expensive lotions and make your own to save money. In the winter time I go about once every 4-5 days for 4 minutes (max) at a "level 3". It makes a big difference in how I feel.

GorillaHead

Not the most popular option... but.. low-moderate UV tanning will cause your body to produce vitamin D. Skip the expensive lotions and make your own to save money. In the winter time I go about once every 4-5 days for 4 minutes (max) at a "level 3". It makes a big difference in how I feel.

I gotta say i rarely see balding tan people. I am not including people who are naturally darker skinned.

success23

Has anyone tried putting pure glucose into their shampoo? My logic is that if we do that the glucose will go straight to the hair/scalp cells and give them energy to grow.
I am not sure if i am the first o give that suggestion so sorry if i am repeating someone else.

JDreamer

I've always been curious - what does it look like when people refer to thyroid-related hair loss and the thinning on the sides?

I've always felt my sides (the lower end of them) have been ridiculously thin compared to the upper portion. It bothers me so much that I won't let the salon girl take them up at all because it's just too much skin.

GorillaHead

I've always been curious - what does it look like when people refer to thyroid-related hair loss and the thinning on the sides?

I've always felt my sides (the lower end of them) have been ridiculously thin compared to the upper portion. It bothers me so much that I won't let the salon girl take them up at all because it's just too much skin.
Thinning on the sides can also he androgenic alopecia. Its called retrograde and its more often than not retrograde than thyroid

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals