Hair loss ThinkTank. Passionate and or Intellectual People

Please check yes if interested

• Yes

Votes: 58 90.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters

GorillaHead

Hello I am think about establishing a discord server focused on discussing ideas and theories on hair-loss.

How many of y'all interested? Please check yes if you would actually be active

Summer

I’m interested for sure. I’m surprised there isn’t a general RPF discord. Would be a good backup.

Tarmander

Has there ever been a thread about the benefits of hair loss?

Sometimes you can solve a problem by not treating it like a problem

Finasteride, minoxidil, derma rolling, high calorie diet with plenty of nutrients, exercise and lowering stress. Grew my hair back as expected. I wasted 3 years thinking I could do it “naturally” and only achieved more loss during that time.
I fully expect the hate, bring it on.

Yucca

For myself, PRP alone totally stopped hairloss, but absolutely no regrowth (I should have done this 4-5 years ago)

stoic

I would definitely be interested, on the condition that 5-alpha inhibitors be excluded from the discussion.
We already know they work, and I hope people on this forum understand that inducing major systemic issues just to keep your hair is just not worth it.

I would definitely be interested, on the condition that 5-alpha inhibitors be excluded from the discussion.
We already know they work, and I hope people on this forum understand that inducing major systemic issues just to keep your hair is just not worth it.

Yep, antiandrogens, particularly systemic ones, are definitely off the table for everyone who wants to keep their health and stay male. I've used Finasteride and got ****88 pretty badly. Idiotic move, in retrospect, but desperation makes you do a lot of things you regret.

I've had some mild success in slowing things down with Cistanche, but it worses my brain fog, so there is also potentially an anti-5AR effect there.

The only safe thing I can vouch for is piroctone olamine combined with dexpanthenol as a shampoo, the former has clinical evidence that it helps (more than ketoconazole) but it will not really stop hair loss on its own.

I've joined some Discord's where people are experimenting with anti-prolactin compounds, as well as advanced delivery vehicles that would help things localize to the scalp. We'll see how that turns out.

FitnessMike

Derma roller causes me to grow the white"baby" hairs on the temples, i will be trying to turn them into normal hairs with dhea and progesterone topically in the future.

stoic

Yep, antiandrogens, particularly systemic ones, are definitely off the table for everyone who wants to keep their health and stay male. I've used Finasteride and got ****88 pretty badly. Idiotic move, in retrospect, but desperation makes you do a lot of things you regret.

I've had some mild success in slowing things down with Cistanche, but it worses my brain fog, so there is also potentially an anti-5AR effect there.

The only safe thing I can vouch for is piroctone olamine combined with dexpanthenol as a shampoo, the former has clinical evidence that it helps (more than ketoconazole) but it will not really stop hair loss on its own.

I've joined some Discord's where people are experimenting with anti-prolactin compounds, as well as advanced delivery vehicles that would help things localize to the scalp. We'll see how that turns out.
Yeah, same here.
I actually managed to keep all of my hair for a year after stopping finasteride.
I had very bad PFS, so it's possible that was the reason why I still kept my hair.
However, soon after stopping finasteride I started taking low-dose cabergoline and aromasin, then stopped a few months ago due to bad headaches and suicidal/homicidal urges, which were particularly bad for 1-2 days after taking the pills.
A few months after stopping the anti-prolactin and anti-estrogen, I am now receding at an alarming speed.
While I can't say it for sure, I feel that at least for some of us, keeping prolactin/estrogen/cortisol low might be the key to stopping hair loss.

I actually managed to keep all of my hair for a year after stopping finasteride.
I had very bad PFS, so it's possible that was the reason why I still kept my hair.

I stopped Fin in 2016 and my hair in 2021 is still not as bad as it was before I took it (it's close though). So PFS stopping hair loss is definitely a thing.

I suspect that once I am fully cured and my 5-AR and androgen receptors are at 100%, I will experience rapid catch-up hair loss and even beyond that.

stoic

I stopped Fin in 2016 and my hair in 2021 is still not as bad as it was before I took it (it's close though). So PFS stopping hair loss is definitely a thing.

I suspect that once I am fully cured and my 5-AR and androgen receptors are at 100%, I will experience rapid catch-up hair loss and even beyond that.
I think there's still hope. There's genetics, and then there's our environment, which we can always try to improve.
My next strategy is focusing on getting enough fat-soluble vitamins plus some minerals as I suspect I have some absorption issues.
I also just started a cycle of high-dose biotin (2.5mg up to 7.5mg). I will take at least a month off between cycles to limit the risk of imbalances.

GenericName86

There was a study posted in one of the Cistanche threads showing it increases 5a-reductase 2 but lowered 5a-reductase 1 by a percentage which could be why you're getting brain fog.

Jack Earth

Finasteride, minoxidil, derma rolling, high calorie diet with plenty of nutrients, exercise and lowering stress. Grew my hair back as expected. I wasted 3 years thinking I could do it “naturally” and only achieved more loss during that time.
I fully expect the hate, bring it on.

I saw OP post that he uses fin too. It reminds me of the guy who used to promote peat diet for building muscle but he was also on deca

OccamzRazer

For myself, PRP alone totally stopped hairloss, but absolutely no regrowth (I should have done this 4-5 years ago)
Same. My hair has been exactly the same for the last year or so, but no regrowth, yet...

tallglass13

In my opinion the title should read for "hair growth".... Everything that we do we needs to focus on the stimulation and growth of hair. Hair is always going to shed and fall off but the trick is to keep it renewing and growing faster than we lose. That's how you get a full head of hair, is through hair growth.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sunlight. Remove fake blue light from life. Profit.

/end thread.

hunchoz

Baldness means poor circulation ,and most likely kidney disease. Mostly caused by heavy metals and chemiicals. if you have amalgam filliings,root canals, ceramic fillings, or crowns . you need to get them removed if you want to heal your body. but hairloss is not the bad part, hairloss means you have a bad heart, clogged arteries. So the main solution is chelation,deworming,potassium and arginine but no supplements get them from natural sources. and also you have to break up the fibrin in the scalp. using dermarolling or use a vine. stab your scalp till it bleeds. it helped me but only do that after you fix the toxins and metals in the body.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I’m interested for sure. I’m surprised there isn’t a general RPF discord. Would be a good backup.
Awesome. G
I saw OP post that he uses fin too. It reminds me of the guy who used to promote peat diet for building muscle but he was also on deca
i dont use fin. I said i used fin. But i havent used fin over than a year. The ***t doesnt work.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals