GREAT FAT LOSS PEATING

beachbum

no Im just really thirsty
I cant stand when you cant quench your thirst. And about the calories thing I stopped counting and just started focusing on cal to phors ratio and nutrients because it was driving me crazy. I also found now I can tolerate mult b vitamin and it has help my heavy feeling in my body (I guess water retension and I have energy but not to much, because before they would give me way to much energy or sleepy no in between. Now its even energy...its awsome.

I cant stand when you cant quench your thirst. And about the calories thing I stopped counting and just started focusing on cal to phors ratio and nutrients because it was driving me crazy. I also found now I can tolerate mult b vitamin and it has help my heavy feeling in my body (I guess water retension and I have energy but not to much, because before they would give me way to much energy or sleepy no in between. Now its even energy...its awsome.

I'm trying 1 full teaspoon B2 and 1 full teaspoon B1 in juice or soda... no orange urine at all. It is weird. Usually I get orange urine with just 500mg B2

beachbum

I'm trying 1 full teaspoon B2 and 1 full teaspoon B1 in juice or soda... no orange urine at all. It is weird. Usually I get orange urine with just 500mg B2
I m using a multi but my urine isnt as glow in the dark yellow if thats what you mean. The first day I didnt see much which is unusal for me too, I guess we are lacking it. First for me too. Which one makes the urine glow in the dark ..lol B2 right?

I m using a multi but my urine isnt as glow in the dark yellow if thats what you mean. The first day I didnt see much which is unusal for me too, I guess we are lacking it. First for me too. Which one makes the urine glow in the dark ..lol B2 right?

Yes. Mhm I do notice it benefits me the most when I don't urinate it right out. I'm wondering maybe the B1 is lowering B2 absorption or on the contrary, enhancing the retainment of it.

Steve

I've heard of fat-shaming...but I've never heard of slim-shaming until I came here.
Yeah..............this is definitely a unique forum. o_O
How on earth are you supposed to lose fat if you don't have a slight caloric deficit?

I know my beer gut is definitely not going to go away just eating a Peat-type diet.
I need a caloric deficit, or more exercise, or if there's a better way I hope someone tells me.

frant26

Raising metabolism will burn more calories throughout the day even without exercise. Muscles at rest preferentially burn fat so that is why many recommend weight lifting as opposed to "cardio" exercise which damages metabolism. All that in theory. I started lifting weights and it's funny, I gained quite some muscle AND quite some belly fat, at the same time.

I tried different amounts of calories (2000, 3000, 4000) with varying amounts of thyroid hormone and nothing seems to change my belly or lousy temperatures.

Most people gain weight on the most common diets around here, so I'm very curious about successful weight loss stories SO LONG AS it has no negative impact in sleep, libido, etc. Clearly 800-1000 calories a day makes no sense.

I've always been lean but gained a lot of weight lately, I don't fit in my clothes, I feel heavy, I have spider veins on the sides of my torax which is surely a sign of excess estrogen. So F*** yes, I definitely want to "conform to current fashion/cultural standards of attractiveness". Unless living in Mauritania, who wants to be fat?

Steve

I would also prefer to "conform to current fashion/cultural standards of attractiveness". I'm embarrassed to take my shirt off in public unless I have some loose-fitting jeans or shorts on.
Gotta lose the beer gut & love handles!

I would think a slight caloric deficit would do the trick. Then when the weight is lost you go back to eating a maintenance-level of calories.
But a lot of people here don't agree with that, so how on earth do you lose excess fat?

Ella

Forum Supporter
I tried different amounts of calories (2000, 3000, 4000) with varying amounts of thyroid hormone and nothing seems to change my belly or lousy temperatures.

Thus, it is not the calories that need optimising. You need to address lifestyle factors, sun/light exposure. Timing of meals - calories eaten during daylight hours and not dark hours. Stress reduction to lower cortisol plus many other strategies to stop stress hormones.

Elimination of PUFAs and eating sugar and fruits + milk instead of starch.

I lost 27 kilos this way. No exercise, except up and down stairs in my house and putting the washing on the line outside the house. I have quite a step slope to get to that clothes line.

I am a post-menopausal woman, living an extremely stressful lifestyle. The weight loss scared the ***t out of me. I had convinced myself that I was not producing any insulin and had become a type 1 diabetic. I reintroduced starches, bread and grains to see if it was the diet that was causing the weight loss or my inability to produce insulin. I don't restrict and eat according to appetite - which is huge. Weight has stabilised - no longer losing or gaining. Exercise now increases muscle mass where previously body was in catabolic state - breaking down too fast. Temperatures are up and experiencing hunger pains which I was not experiencing when gaining weight.

180 degree turn in my thinking. Would never have believed eating lots of calories, being sedentary you could lose weight if I had not experienced it myself. The biggest problem with this way of eating is getting people over the sugar, fruit and milk phobia. Wish I had known this tweak pre-menopausally. I might have prevented all the weight gain in the first instance. Shunned sugar all my life - ate healthy and got fat??

Mind you it is not all about the food. Instead of exercising more, I will be focussing on getting more sun and light to keep my hormones in check. Imagine, nude sunbathing at noon and losing weight. Life is stressful enough to want to further punish our bodies. I think calorie restriction if not excessive and eating a pro-metabolic diet helps the weight come off faster, however, there is always the risk of FFAs to contend with. Keeping fat in the diet as low as practical goes a long way in lessening the burden on the system.

Not sure how this strategy would work for someone that had a physically strenuous work situation. For example, landscapers that had to shift rocks, dirt and push heavy wheelbarrows all day long, day after day, week after week. They may require more fat than someone who is sedentary.

Any landscapers out there?

frant26

First of all, Ella, I'm happy to hear that you were able to lose weight and become healthier.

Thus, it is not the calories that need optimising. You need to address lifestyle factors, sun/light exposure. Timing of meals - calories eaten during daylight hours and not dark hours. Stress reduction to lower cortisol plus many other strategies to stop stress hormones.

Totally agree. I get lots of sun/light exposure, it's summer here and I take breaks outside in the sun. If by stress reduction you mean "work stress" I can probably work on improving that. But sometimes it's impossible unless you change carreers.

Elimination of PUFAs and eating sugar and fruits + milk instead of starch.

The biggest problem with this way of eating is getting people over the sugar, fruit and milk phobia.

I eat sugar/fruits and milk, little starch, and eschew PUFA. With ups and downs, but like that for the past 3 years.

Imagine, nude sunbathing at noon and losing weight.

Wish that worked for me. I have low vitamin D, that might be related.

Keeping fat in the diet as low as practical goes a long way in lessening the burden on the system.

I'm at around 90-100g fat per day, need to work on lowering that.

Not sure how this strategy would work for someone that had a physically strenuous work situation.

I'd LOVE to have physically demanding job. I have to stare at a screen all day. Were you working when sedentary and losing weight?

I_am

Isn't there a difference between true hunger and just the uncomfortable feeling of your stomach being empty, you know the acids sloshing around and that general empty feeling that we are trained to believe is "hunger"?

Do you immediately start getting stressed because your stomach is empty and rapidly start getting deficient in nutrients? Or could it be that back in the day, when food was not guaranteed we mentally would stress and then would come the physical stress of having to find food. If everything is in the MIND initially and all functions of teh body controlled by the mind, then would it be improbable to say that since food is not scarce for most of us, we could actually CHOOSE not to go into said stress state of being and the gentle reminder (when "hungry") that food is just around the corner is plenty to keep you out of true stress, even metabolically?

Aren't vitamins D, A, E and K fat soluble and can be stored for up to like 2 months I believe I read? I understand we need more than just those to survive and thrive...hmmm not sure what my point is about the latter haha, it's all very interesting none the less :):

Ella

Forum Supporter
If by stress reduction you mean "work stress" I can probably work on improving that. But sometimes it's impossible unless you change carreers.

Due to my physical breakdown, I had to give-up my research career which I loved with a burning passion. I could work 24/7, never wanted a break from work. I could not switch off - it just consumed my whole being. I was driven by adrenaline - talk about superwomen, I was indefatigable. I exhausted people by just being in their presence. Just a constant high and buzz, the energy was hard for me to curtail. Energy was always on tap. I never understood why my peers took drugs to get high. I was on a constant high and if I ate sugar, then my energy levels would be manic during my youth. I just naturally believed I was sensitive to sugar and kept it out of my diet to curtail the over the top exuberance I'd experienced. Perhaps that is how we are supposed to feel when metabolism is high.

The career change was forced upon me and I used the time to work out what the hell went wrong and why the massive weight increase. I did a stint of shift work, day, afternoons and nights responsible for millions of dollars of product and unionised workforce who took no responsibility for their work. If a product failed it was my neck on the line. I think this kind of stress dug the grave for me plus bushfires, a psychopathic neighbour (who had already killed before and on ice) did despicable acts to my property, animals and my children) It took a lot of money to get justice through the courts. Left me financially ruined. The psychopath did a short stint in jail and is now back to his evils ways. He still lives next door but I no longer live on this property nor can I sell it for fear of what he will do next. Not the best way to learn how stress can damage.

I have low vitamin D, that might be related.

This is the reason, I am trying to get sun, trying to optimise my D levels which have been consistently low throughout my health ordeal. My focus for 2017 is raising Vitamin D. Digging into the research on how to upregulate vitamin D receptors. Progesterone is one substance that does this. It makes sense what happened to me going into menopause. Estrogen dominant and what little progesterone I was making was being shunted down the cortisol pathway. Cortisol increases more estrogen, downregulates thyroid and liver function and it becomes a slippery slope of no return when you have no idea of what's happening. We are lucky, Peat has been very generous in providing us with all the missing pieces to rebuilding our health.

Sunlight reduces cortisol and I have been using pregnenolone to help.

I'd LOVE to have physically demanding
job.

I worked from home, mainly computer work and talking on the phone. I know what you mean, sitting makes me feel like my body is just dying. I hate it. So sitting was when all of the weight loss occurred. I do gardening when I can and my son has a landscaping business. I have convinced him that I can push wheelbarrows and work just as hard as the guys. On the weekend, I shovelled and pushed about 50 wheelbarrows of soil on steep inclines and long distances. That is after being mainly sedentary, my fitness can only improve from here. I had lots of sugar, 25mg pregnenolone, coke and aspirin at bedtime and 50mg thyroxine. I worked from 8am - 9pm. A little stiff but not wiped out on the couch trying to recover. This is a huge improvement to my fitness. It is interesting, my son has had many blokes working or him that work out in the gym but when it comes to doing hard labour, they just don't have the stamina to keep going.

I have reduced my fat from 25% to around 15% of daily calories and I am aiming to go lower. If I go too low, then I crave it.

If your temperatures are not coming up even with thyroid hormone, then I would focus on reducing fat and muscle meats. I have greatly reduced the amount of meat we eat and increased potatoes and root vegetables, thereby increasing alkaline minerals. I reduced my phosphate levels too low from too much sugar, so I am addressing this imbalance.

I am allowing the extra sun and vitamin D production to optimise the absorption of calcium (rather than increasing calcium in the diet) to see if it makes a difference in the calcium to phosphate ratio. I was taking K2 and will continue to take it.

The challenge comes when working outside the home or even a school environment as there is very little control over food intake, light exposure and dealing with difficult people. We need to keep pushing to construct that perfect work/life balance that seems out of reach for all except the idle rich and welfare recipients.

Be grateful if you have a job because not being able to pay bills or put food on the table is a greater stress than earning a living sitting in front of the computer. Pregnenolone helps tolerate monotonous, repetitive and boring work.

Best,

zztr

Muscles at rest preferentially burn fat so that is why many recommend weight lifting

The idea that putting on some pounds of muscle will boost your RMR much is pretty well debunked.

I think what really happens is people don't realize that a proper lifting session is not very distinguishable from "cardio" in terms of physiological stress and the additional calories burned. If you get in a hard session whether on an exercise bike or with weights, your body burns through a lot of calories over the next day or two pursuing physiological adaptation.

Gl;itch.e

The idea that putting on some pounds of muscle will boost your RMR much is pretty well debunked.

I think what really happens is people don't realize that a proper lifting session is not very distinguishable from "cardio" in terms of physiological stress and the additional calories burned. If you get in a hard session whether on an exercise bike or with weights, your body burns through a lot of calories over the next day or two pursuing physiological adaptation.
Yeah but the more muscle you have the more "wasteful" you can get when you do train. So over time a significant portion of muscle will increase your fat burning potential. I know that my body comp (fat to muscle ratio) has improved over the years and kgs of extra muscle I have added.

frant26

Be grateful if you have a job because not being able to pay bills or put food on the table is a greater stress than earning a living sitting in front of the computer. Pregnenolone helps tolerate monotonous, repetitive and boring work.

Ella, what a crazy story with your neighbour. Good to hear it's better now.

Yes, I am grateful for this job. I really think of my job as something that will buy me free time in the future (and the present, too). Fortunately my work isn't monotonous or boring AT ALL - it's just that I don't want to be sitting all day in front of a computer.

You are giving me great ideas with gardening :) maybe I can do that, somehow, once in a while.

Zztr do you prefer other kinds of exercise? Or sitting all day?

scarlettsmum

I find a book "Don't go hungry for life" quite useful for weight loss and maintenance. It simply teaches to recognise hunger signals and to stop eating when full. Common sense, really, but often ignored, since it requires to be in present moment aware of those signals rather than mindless eating.

zztr

Zztr do you prefer other kinds of exercise? Or sitting all day?

I like a mix of strength training and cardio and easy paced walking. I just think you see a lot of hype about strength training and putting on muscle alongside criticisms of endurance training that don't make much sense.

tankasnowgod

Yep, it one of those things that is technically true, but not very useful. For every pound of muscle you put on, you will burn 9 extra calories a day. So yes, your RMR does go up, but that that rate, all other things being equal (which, of course, they never are), it would take about 390 days to burn off a pound of fat. The vast majority of your RMR comes from vital organs (heart, liver, kidneys, and brain).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals