Does LESS Weight Loss/Fat Loss Occur If Inhibiting Lipolysis?

Nicole Carter

@shepherdgirl
@Amarsh213

I no longer really have this question or rather it was answered through personal experience.
I lost 12 pounds since posting this topic (am not overweight to begin with, down from 125 lbs) while eating a very high-carb diet with loads of fruit and honey. I also consume some starch daily (potatoes, rice or nixtamalized corn.)

So whatever the mechanism involved in losing fat mass is, eating a lot of carbohydrate DOES NOT AFFECT IT enough to completely stop weight loss.

The best thing about low-carb/ketogenic weight loss is the WATER weight (which even Keto people admit). When you're eating high carb, even if you lose weight, you will retain a bit more water in your muscle naturally (this isn't even a bad thing.)

During the time of my weight loss, I was taking aspirin every few days and B3 (500 - 1000 mg) daily. I've never heard of aspirin or b3 stalling weight loss, but weight loss is still possible even if someone is supplementing with those 2 things.

I think Peatarians sometimes don't count calories or they underestimate the importance of calories when it comes to weight gain/weight loss.

Biggest Factor in weight loss: Calories
2nd biggest factor: Inflammation
3rd: Metabolism/hormones/etc.

I don't neglect the traditional CICO (Calories In, Calories Out) model of metabolism, because calorie restriction has been proven to induce weight loss, while calorie excess has been proven to maintain or cause weight gain.

If someone is reducing calories, exercising more and taking aspirin/b3, they will not gain weight. But I see many people posting here about how they consume 3000-4000 calories daily and realistically, almost everyone will gain weight on 3k-4k calories unless they are also exercising regularly and have inflammation under control.

Inflammation's role in Weight Gain can't be understated
. When people lose weight, it's been postulated that the adipose tissue's hormonal profile improves. In essence, the fat cells are less inflammatory when weight loss happens or if the person is already lean. The fat cells are more inflammatory when weight gain happens or if the person is already obese.

For me personally, wheat induces "weight gain" (visible added fat mass) on an otherwise isocaloric diet. It also causes acne for me, indicating that this food causes inflammation.

Skin issues and weight gain (or water-gain called "edema") go hand in hand when inflammation has taken place, likely due to poor diet.
Could you give more details on what you did with food? I’ve gained over 10lbs switching from carnivore to peat style, that was three years ago and it’s not budging. I’ve tracked my calories and am around 1400-1500 daily. I’m not sure how low I need to go but afraid to go low and slow things more.

Brandin

There are plenty of people who have experience naicinamide/aspirin increasing weight especially around the stomach.

Usually people say its "lowering cortisol and you have a weak metabolism" which may or may not be true.

But yes. Generally aspirin/niacinamide are healing supplements, not weight loss supplements.

Aspirin will make my face lean and aesthetic due to lower estrogen cortisol/edema but over time my hips and stomach gain fat.
I awlays just get shredded from aspirin. My "hips" definetely doesnt get fatter from it. Eventhough aspirin lowers lipolysis it also increase calorie burn utilization rate and also increases uncoupling(important). Combine this with that you just wont store fat if you are in great health + that you still have lipolysis existing in your body it doesnt make any sense to claim it makes you fatter. Also if u are in very "peaty/bioenergetic" health you will also excrete alot more fat cells in a healthy way through your urine, leading to a leaner body. I abused aspirin for a year and got absolutely diced to the socks and was eating the most I ever have done.

The ratio between fat stored and fat burned that matters. Having high lipolysis = high fat storing and burning. Low lipolysis = low fat storing and low fat burning. But the latter becomes a waaay leaner state cause of glucoronidation(fat excretions through urine, and that the storing of fat evidently gets more inhibited than fat burning does...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals