How to lose fat safely while Peating

Nebula

Sprints can be problematic if you’re overweight or untoned. High chance of injury, even when short. To be done properly long term they actually require a fair bit of before and after prep work, warm ups, slowly building the intensity, and then things like self massage afterwards.
They do feel amazing, but for many I think long slow walks is safer
Sprinting can also lead to injury for people with hyper mobility. They require good form like any intense exercise. I recommended sprints to my yoga instructor sister who is close to underweight and she quickly injured one of her knees. Now it’s not something I would recommend to untrained people or those who might have hypermobility. Walking up a steep hill is probably enough stimulus for most people.

Andman

Sprinting can also lead to injury for people with hyper mobility. They require good form like any intense exercise. I recommended sprints to my yoga instructor sister who is close to underweight and she quickly injured one of her knees. Now it’s not something I would recommend to untrained people or those who might have hypermobility. Walking up a steep hill is probably enough stimulus for most people.
yeah sprints and HIIT in general are vastly overrated (for untrained people especially)

although i have the impression that fad is slowly going away like paleo etc - few years ago it seemed like everyone and their granny was doing it haha

Amazoniac

"Milk and dairy products neither produce acid upon metabolism nor cause metabolic acidosis, and systemic pH is not influenced by diet.... Measurement of an acidic pH urine does not reflect metabolic acidosis or an adverse health condition. The modern diet, and dairy product consumption, does not make the body acidic. Alkaline diets alter urine pH but do not change systemic pH. Net acid excretion is not an important influence of calcium metabolism. Milk is not acid producing. Dietary phosphate does not have a negative impact on calcium metabolism, which is contrary to the acid-ash hypothesis." (R)
I can't remember anything that would make dairy uniquely acidifying, but such dismissing line of argument is similar to claiming that lack of killcium in the diet is not an issue because hypokillcemia hasn't been detected. Things aren't kept stable and balanced thanks to spiritual forces, the less regulations that are required for maintaining normalcy, the better.

Milk isn't acidifying, but cheese loses the potassium, citrate, and some are rich in common salt in spite of the lower occurrence of sulfur-containing amino acids.

Water content of the food may not be as impacting as the solutes, but given that pH is a concentration of hydrogen ions in a solution, dilution must have an effect. Taking a tablespoon of vinegar on its own is tough, whereas diluting in a cup of water makes it tolerable. This aspect is overlooked, perhaps because there's resistance to volume changes in compartments.

The phosphate association with acidification is probably due to having in mind phosphoric acid (trihydrogen phosphate). Phosphate is an intracellular buffer, it's for the intracellular compartment what hydrocraponate is for the extracellular. I don't think that it's a concern.

I find the idea of hydrocraponate precursors questionable because it counts on them being oxidized. They probably are, but this would qualify dextructose as a precursor too since at some point it's turned into one of them.

David90

My point earlier was that sprinting 2-4 times a week won't give you a superhero physique. Have you seen how sprinters looked like in the 40s before steroids? Pretty mediocre to say the least. And those who did look good also had a good muscle-building program and diet.
But as I said, I like sprints too and do them twice a week. They have many benefits, but they won't give you a muscular physique (depending on what's your definition of muscular ofc).
Speaking of Muscle Building Program:
You said in the latest Thermo Diet Podcast (the DHT one) that you do 20-30 Minutes Workouts. Also that you usually wanted to do Full Body Workouts Three Times per Week but dropped that Idea due to Injuries. How does a 20-30 Minute Workout look like?. Is it like 3-4 Exercises or 1-2 Exercises with Higher Intensity?. I Think it was One Set if i remember correctly?.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Speaking of Muscle Building Program:
You said in the latest Thermo Diet Podcast (the DHT one) that you do 20-30 Minutes Workouts. Also that you usually wanted to do Full Body Workouts Three Times per Week but dropped that Idea due to Injuries. How does a 20-30 Minute Workout look like?. Is it like 3-4 Exercises or 1-2 Exercises with Higher Intensity?. I Think it was One Set if i remember correctly?.
My current 20-30min workouts are full upper body. I do sprints for legs earlier in the day. If I were to hit legs with weights as well, then I'd do a full-body workout every time.
I dedicate 1 set to each muscle group and depending on my recovery status, I select different exercises based on their difficulty. I usually rest 2-4 min between sets, but since I don't hit the same muscle group twice, I don't require as much recovery between sets. I'm not trying to rest short, I just wait until I feel ready for the next set.

Nomane Euger

My current 20-30min workouts are full upper body. I do sprints for legs earlier in the day. If I were to hit legs with weights as well, then I'd do a full-body workout every time.
I dedicate 1 set to each muscle group and depending on my recovery status, I select different exercises based on their difficulty. I usually rest 2-4 min between sets, but since I don't hit the same muscle group twice, I don't require as much recovery between sets. I'm not trying to rest short, I just wait until I feel ready for the next set.
Hi Hans,on one of your last podcast you mentionned that bones arnt not a good sources of calcium on a carnivore diet as they have as much phosphorus as calcium or more phosphorus,like the ratio isnt in favor of calcium,on bone powder supplements like those from traditional market,heart and soil and ancestral supplements they all give a 2/1 calcium/phosphorus ratio on the ingredients list,are they full of ***t or do they alter the ratio during the processing?also you mentionned that raw honey cleared your white tongue supposly caused by milk,do you know what white tongue is indicative of?

David90

Interesting. Thanks for the Anwser :handok:

I Noticed in this ''Lockdown'' Time, that i also respond better to Shorter Workout's Like 40-45 Minutes. Maybe i should give 20-30 Minutes (Full Body and/or Upper Body) a try. I would have to change some Exercises though, to bring it all under one roof (because of the Short Time). Also only 1 Barbell Exercises would be doable for the Entire Workout and the Rest would be Dumbbell and Cable Exercises to keep the Workout Time short. But a Interesting Thought, nevertheless.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi Hans,on one of your last podcast you mentionned that bones arnt not a good sources of calcium on a carnivore diet as they have as much phosphorus as calcium or more phosphorus,like the ratio isnt in favor of calcium,on bone powder supplements like those from traditional market,heart and soil and ancestral supplements they all give a 2/1 calcium/phosphorus ratio on the ingredients list,are they full of ***t or do they alter the ratio during the processing?also you mentionned that raw honey cleared your white tongue supposly caused by milk,do you know what white tongue is indicative of?
I'm sure they won't be lying. If it's a 2:1 ratio then it's good. Peat mentioned that older animals have much more phosphorus than young animals, so young animal bones will have the best ratio.
White tongue is usually indicative of yeast/fungus and honey has potent anti-fungal effects. I think it was the combo of skim milk and refined sugar that caused it, not necessarily milk in general.

Nomane Euger

I'm sure they won't be lying. If it's a 2:1 ratio then it's good. Peat mentioned that older animals have much more phosphorus than young animals, so young animal bones will have the best ratio.
White tongue is usually indicative of yeast/fungus and honey has potent anti-fungal effects. I think it was the combo of skim milk and refined sugar that caused it, not necessarily milk in general.
Thanks Hans,did your tongue became totally pink with no whitness?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks Hans,did your tongue became totally pink with no whitness?
I'd say 90-95% yes. I have some flowers of sulphur on the way to see if it would get rid of it, but it's not an issue really.

Beastmode

Averaging around 2700-2800 calories per day now with 60% carlbs, sometimes a tad more daily and I've definitely experienced the deepest rest at so far.

This approach is definitely helping me recover quite easily with my weight training sessions. Days I think I'm going to be sore the next day b/c I pushed it a bit more and I don't feel anything at all.

However, my weight hasn't gone down. I feel great, but even after cutting down fat calories down to 50 g or less. Really hard to get lower than that with 6 cups of 1% milk, a few ounces of parma reggiano taking up 2/3 of the total already.

@Hans I'm wondering if it's worth ramping up T3 dosage and/or coconut oil. I like how I feel on this ratio and I think cutting calories with the weight lifting isn't a great idea. Anything worth considering?

Hgreen56

@Hans
you had eat a lot of potato's in the past right?
How much potato's/potassium and sodium did you eat every day?

What i understand is that sodium and potassium always must 1:1, or sodium even little higher to prevent aldesterone to rise.
100 gr potatoes (=328mg potassium) So it needs a little less than 0.5 gr salt (= 435mg sodium)
So for every 100 gr potatoes need little les than 0.5 gr salt.
so 3 kg potato's a day = 7 gr salt a day.... and i didn't even count other potassium sources like milk that comes on top of it
So is it wise/healthy to eat the same amount of sodium as potassium even though you eat high amount of potassium for a long time?
Did you take that much salt to counter potassium?

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It could also be because people who don't ever move at max velocity frequently are much more prone to getting injured. You need rapid contraction and relaxation of muscle and if that doesn't happen, then injuries occur. The nervous system controls those contractions and you need a good metabolism for a healthy nervous system.
People that tend to jog or do yoga are rarely maximally engaged in anything in life, but rather disengaged. That's why they are drawn to yoga or meditation. Not trying to bash anyone, it's just a hypothesis and a frequent observation.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Interesting. Thanks for the Anwser :handok:

I Noticed in this ''Lockdown'' Time, that i also respond better to Shorter Workout's Like 40-45 Minutes. Maybe i should give 20-30 Minutes (Full Body and/or Upper Body) a try. I would have to change some Exercises though, to bring it all under one roof (because of the Short Time). Also only 1 Barbell Exercises would be doable for the Entire Workout and the Rest would be Dumbbell and Cable Exercises to keep the Workout Time short. But a Interesting Thought, nevertheless.
There's a study showing that 1 set x3 per week was equally effective to 3 sets x3 per week for building strength. And increasing strength is generally also a sign of muscle mass gain. But since the volume is so low, I go to failure on each set (usually within 10 reps).

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Averaging around 2700-2800 calories per day now with 60% carlbs, sometimes a tad more daily and I've definitely experienced the deepest rest at so far.

This approach is definitely helping me recover quite easily with my weight training sessions. Days I think I'm going to be sore the next day b/c I pushed it a bit more and I don't feel anything at all.

However, my weight hasn't gone down. I feel great, but even after cutting down fat calories down to 50 g or less. Really hard to get lower than that with 6 cups of 1% milk, a few ounces of parma reggiano taking up 2/3 of the total already.

@Hans I'm wondering if it's worth ramping up T3 dosage and/or coconut oil. I like how I feel on this ratio and I think cutting calories with the weight lifting isn't a great idea. Anything worth considering?
I don't think ramping up T3 is a good idea either, but rather add more activity. Walking or sprinting is good to reduce bodyfat.
If you're not losing fat at 2700-2800 calories, then it means you're burning less. It doesn't mean your metabolism is slow at all. Some people have more of a stable baseline metabolism, meaning it doesn't fluctuate much when they increase or decrease metabolism. Other people might need 2000 calories on a cut and 4000 of a bulk just because their metabolism is more flexible.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans
you had eat a lot of potato's in the past right?
How much potato's/potassium and sodium did you eat every day?

What i understand is that sodium and potassium always must 1:1, or sodium even little higher to prevent aldesterone to rise.
100 gr potatoes (=328mg potassium) So it needs a little less than 0.5 gr salt (= 435mg sodium)
So for every 100 gr potatoes need little les than 0.5 gr salt.
so 3 kg potato's a day = 7 gr salt a day.... and i didn't even count other potassium sources like milk that comes on top of it
So is it wise/healthy to eat the same amount of sodium as potassium even though you eat high amount of potassium for a long time?
Did you take that much salt to counter potassium?
I would just salt to taste. Never had an issue with that approach. :)

David90

There's a study showing that 1 set x3 per week was equally effective to 3 sets x3 per week for building strength. And increasing strength is generally also a sign of muscle mass gain. But since the volume is so low, I go to failure on each set (usually within 10 reps).

Interesting Study, Thanks for the Info.

I tried 30 Minute Workouts (Full Body) twice this Week. I'll do it Tommorow again. It IS Possible to do so but you have to make some Adjustments for it, that's for sure:

- Cutting the Sets to 2-3 per Muscle Group (Strongly Depends if it's a Compound or Isolation Exercise).
-Bringing the Exercise PER WORKOUT down to 4 .... Maybe 5 Exercises Maximum.
-Also 1 or 2 of these Exercises could be Compound Exercises. The Other Exercises have to be Isolation Exercises in Order to Finish the Workout in Time.
-Doing the Last Two (Isolation) Exercises as a Superset (Which i'm personally not a friend of....but there would be not much of a choice because of the Short Workout Time)
-Or as a Last Resort, someone can split it up as a Rotating 30 Minutes Upper/Lower Splits (done as a Total of 3x Per Week).

This was for Example my 30 Minute Full Body Workout:

-DB Bent Over Row (Leaning against Wall) / 3x 8-10
-DB (Glute Bridged) Floor Press / 3x 8-10
- Standing Hip Abduction with Plate / 2x 20-25
-DB Biceps Curls / 2x 8-10
-DB Side Raises / 2x 8-10
-Weighted Sit Ups with Plate / 3x 8-10​

It was done in 30 Minutes. But it was surely Interesting. I also felt NOT worn down or anything like that. Not even a Sign of Yawning (which i would usually have with 1 Hour Workouts). But i surely felt that i trained good.

Also One Thing to Adjust are the Sets per Muscle Group per Week. Even if someone's doing 30 Minute Workouts.
Because if someone wants to build Muscle you surely have to do a certain Number of Sets.

Last edited:

Sefton10

But since the volume is so low, I go to failure on each set (usually within 10 reps).
Keep on eye on the failure element, Hans. I know you are well in tune with your body, but in my experience the CNS fatigue can creep up on you quite sneakily. Sometimes I wonder if there's much difference between a rep left in the tank and genuine failure, that's still a decent stimulus, especially 3 times a week, but much less fatiguing.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Keep on eye on the failure element, Hans. I know you are well in tune with your body, but in my experience the CNS fatigue can creep up on you quite sneakily. Sometimes I wonder if there's much difference between a rep left in the tank and genuine failure, that's still a decent stimulus, especially 3 times a week, but much less fatiguing.
Yes for sure. I keep it at AMRAP, but not more than that. If I feel more fatigued then I'll do an easier exercise for that muscle group or just go lighter until I'm better recovered and then go heavy again. For example, instead of doing a heavy military press, I'll do light lateral raises.
Doing partial reps and negatives greatly enhances fatigue, so I don't go there often. It all depends on the muscle group. Since I've been training this way for a while I know how quickly I become fatigued and more or less how long it takes me to recover, so I've structured my workout in a way where I maximize gains and recovery, without reducing training volume or intensity even more.
And I'm sure as I get stronger and the fatigue gets more, then I'll adjust my workout even more.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Because if someone wants to build Muscle you surely have to do a certain Number of Sets.
Yeah, that's the thing. Initially, I felt guilty training doing only 3 sets per week per muscle group, but I actually found my hypertrophy to be better that way. Muscle development is improving quite a lot.
As long as you can stimulate the muscle sufficiently, then you don't have to do more.
But I should say that my secret is that I don't only train with weights. I find that inferior to what I'm currently doing.
Max effort one set, rest, max effort next exercise, rest and so on.