Weight Loss - Patterns Noted

SQu

My husband has lost 11kg in a year. He is 56, has a high stress job he is not happy in, and lots of responsibilities. His top weight was 131kg. He has been Peating for several years now. The weight loss has been slow and steady (on average! Day to day it fluctuates) …aiming to be sustainable, not raise stress, not release pufa too fast as he has had two experiences of this, one of which landed him in hospital for a week. There was never a diagnosis but we think this was it, and the next time it started up at the tail end of a cold, (high fevers, chills, temps up and down day and night) we knew what it was and slowed the weight loss with more fat to protect him. Which worked. So, the aims were: not too fast, no rise in stress, sustainable, and an increase in health.

He does 5 hours of exercise, 2 are conditioning, the aim being strength, posture and flexibility. He does 3 hours total a week of walking the dogs for vitamin D, cortisol lowering and mood.

Diet: a lot of fat free milk; fruit, eggs, homemade bread, coconut oil for cooking, very little butter as it fattens him (me too but in my case I can’t drop it, or I’ll eat 125g of cream 2 weeks later!) cheese, home cooked meals on Peaty principles, bit less meat than daily, coffee, fat free yoghurt, sugar, weekly oysters, weekly liver. Mostly home prepared. Occasional alcohol, no smoking.

Supplements: evening - eggshell, magnesium, P5P, theanine, pregnenolone (really noticed the difference pregnenolone made - moved onto a new level with weight loss and energy and mood) cyproheptadine; morning - B1,B3, biotin, k2, A, E

He’s had blood tests done twice in the past 6 months which I discussed elsewhere (will try to link).High IOP: BLOOD TESTS, Any Clues? They were pretty good and getting better. He has put on muscle, really has good strong legs while many in his age group cycle and visibly lose muscle mass.

There seems to be (in my case too) a sweet spot one has to meet, in terms of types of food, calories, and also external stresses: lowish fat but not too low; low starch though least troublesome is fermented home made bread in the morning; no feeling deprived.

The interesting thing is he weighs himself daily and keeps brief notes on food eaten. He collated the notes and raised the font size on things that kept coming up. So in big are the strong patterns.

Missing from them are beer and pizza which are hugely bad for weight loss, but he knew this already and was already avoiding them which is why they are not more prominent in these pictures I’ll try insert below.

Thanks to Ray Peat and this forum in particular posts by @haidut

IMG-20170906-WA0002 (1).jpg
IMG-20170906-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20170906-WA0000.jpg

Slap chips are fries :)

Attachments

• IMG-20170906-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20170906-WA0002.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-20170906-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170906-WA0001.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 23

marlena

i could be wrong but it looks like carbs make him gain weight - this is the same experience i get. Eating carbs - heavier next day (water retention)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals