How to lose fat safely while Peating

Inabruzzo

Forum Supporter
@bogbody sorry this thread start is 4 months old lol, but would you mind posting your cronometer re: high carb, low fat, moderate calorie deficit? I’m trying to run this with a moderate amount of starch. If not, no problem! Thanks ??!!

bogbody

@bogbody sorry this thread start is 4 months old lol, but would you mind posting your cronometer re: high carb, low fat, moderate calorie deficit? I’m trying to run this with a moderate amount of starch. If not, no problem! Thanks ??!!
I'm actually not doing the deficit anymore since I lost the weightI wanted to so I'm not tracking anymore. Sorry!

Dr. B

I notice it as just a general lethargy/spacey feeling and 'deadness' in the muscles, especially if I've worked out too. Not a prescription and just my N = 1 here. I've leaned out a little since dropping starch and stuff like non-fat Skyr and cottage cheese and sticking to a litre of jersey milk a day and some feta cheese as my dairy. I think the vits/minerals in the fat maybe help maximise stuff like calcium in the milk. Averaging around 100g fat a day. Fruit, eggs, honey, bone broth, bits of meat/fish make up most of the rest.
where do you get the jersey milk from?
interesting. whats the fat coming from, what if you do 2 liters jersey milk daily?

Sefton10

where do you get the jersey milk from?
interesting. whats the fat coming from, what if you do 2 liters jersey milk daily?
I was getting it from a local farm. Switched to skim and semi-skim goat milk now, around 2L a day. I also get fat from chocolate/cocoa butter, eggs, cheese, meat etc.

Dr. B

I was getting it from a local farm. Switched to skim and semi-skim goat milk now, around 2L a day. I also get fat from chocolate/cocoa butter, eggs, cheese, meat etc.
what kind of chocolate you eating mate! if its something interesting, and they ship it international, I may look into it.
the ghirardelli squares and lindt or lindor stuffed balls are excellent, but they have soy lecithin in one of those or both...
actually i tried the coconut filled lindor balls, those are great, its a white coconut creme, so theres no shavings of coconut like in almond joys. its actually probably one of their best flavors.

Dr. B

Lindt 78% doesn't have soy lecithin. Strangely other percentages do have it, although, I didn't check them all.
ah yeah, i think they have solid bars without it, there's actually a lot of good options
i dont have the names down but there's some pretty pricy chocolate bars offered at whole foods. theyre organic, and even use coconut sugar, coconut oil etc, but a single 400 calorie bar is like $7, so its far more expensive than most others.
with lindt and ghirardelli i mainly like those squares and balls, the ones filled with caramel or other things... i guess they use the lecithin as part of the caramel or creme filling in those?

Sefton10

what kind of chocolate you eating mate! if its something interesting, and they ship it international, I may look into it.
the ghirardelli squares and lindt or lindor stuffed balls are excellent, but they have soy lecithin in one of those or both...
actually i tried the coconut filled lindor balls, those are great, its a white coconut creme, so theres no shavings of coconut like in almond joys. its actually probably one of their best flavors.
It’s an 85% dark choc in Aldi. Organic and no fillers.

Sefton10

I didn't check their (Moser Roth at Aldi's) ingredients for 85%. Thanks!
This is the one

1629550773997.jpeg

David PS

Dr. B

yall have Aldi meaning the Aldi store in the UK? is there also costco and LIDL? interesting these stores are international.

Btw I would just rather not eat that chocolate at all , the pure dark chocolates dont have much sweetness, dont like pure white chocolate or milk either, id want some jam filling or caramel filling in it like what they do with the ghirardelli squares

GreekDemiGod

I remember reading from a few members on here who successfully lost weight on very high-carb and low fat, without restricting caloric intake. Anyone having success with it? I am trying to implement it, however I find it tricky to reduce fat to under 50g / day.

And is it possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? Most fitness professionals will tell you the science is clear on this that is not possible(with the exception of untrained persons). Has Peat or Haidut touched on this aspect?

Dr. B

I remember reading from a few members on here who successfully lost weight on very high-carb and low fat, without restricting caloric intake. Anyone having success with it? I am trying to implement it, however I find it tricky to reduce fat to under 50g / day.

And is it possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time? Most fitness professionals will tell you the science is clear on this that is not possible(with the exception of untrained persons). Has Peat or Haidut touched on this aspect?
it is definitely possible to gain muscle and lose fat, those fitness people havent looked into it or done it, when I did it i was eating 1.25g protein grams per pound bodyweight, so protein is maybe more important when youre doing that. you would then still eat carbs and fats just lower them. boosting the metabolic rate can both cause fat loss and muscle gain, unless youre using AMPK boosting type substances which can reduce muscle gains while boosting fat loss

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
And is it possible to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time?
For sure. I have a client atm who has lost about 6% bf and gains 2kg total so far, which means he has done a very good recomp.