How to lose fat safely while Peating

Hans

Forum Supporter
This is a frequent topic on the forum. What about fat loss and fatty acid oxidation, glucuronidation, cortisol, thyroid, etc? All are discussed in the article.

How to lose fat safely while Peating

Last edited:

FitnessMike

Long live the Hans, Long live the Hans.

LuMonty

Ah sorry, fixed!

:ninja:salute:cheers
Great! I just got done reading the whole post. I really appreciate how you add the study materials into the post as need, very easy to follow. I actually didn't know cocoa and saturated fat helped with glucuronidation; I switched my morning food to a milkshake/protein shake with cocoa and egg yolks and have been slimming down despite the higher calories than my previous breakfast so that bit was surprisingly relevant to me.

bogbody

FWIW, i’ve been doing basically what you suggest here for the past 2 months and its working very well for me (high carb low fat with mild calorie defecit.) I’ve lost about 7 pounds so far and no stress, temps still good.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great! I just got done reading the whole post. I really appreciate how you add the study materials into the post as need, very easy to follow. I actually didn't know cocoa and saturated fat helped with glucuronidation; I switched my morning food to a milkshake/protein shake with cocoa and egg yolks and have been slimming down despite the higher calories than my previous breakfast so that bit was surprisingly relevant to me.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback!
Do you have an opinion on refeed days Hans?
Not needed and it has no benefits. Meno Henselman was involved in a very recent study showing the refeeds or diet breaks have no benefits over continuous small deficit. The only small benefit was psychological in that people could eat more tasty food again and not suffer for months on end with bland food. But if you eat Peaty, your diet will most likely not be bland.

FWIW, i’ve been doing basically what you suggest here for the past 2 months and its working very well for me (high carb low fat with mild calorie defecit.) I’ve lost about 7 pounds so far and no stress, temps still good.
That's really great, thanks for sharing!

Zoltanman

Love the article Hans!

Can you point me in the direction of where myself and my wife can work out our basic food intake needs? We're not sure how to measure our intake, calorie wise, in the peat realm.

Thanks in advance for any help!! :):

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Love the article Hans!

Can you point me in the direction of where myself and my wife can work out our basic food intake needs? We're not sure how to measure our intake, calorie wise, in the peat realm.

Thanks in advance for any help!! :):
Glad you enjoyed it!
I use cronometer to log my food. With that app you can also custom set your macros to whatever you want. The app will also show you your micronutrient intake and will give you an idea of what might be missing.

Lee Simeon

Thanks, appreciate the feedback!

Not needed and it has no benefits. Meno Henselman was involved in a very recent study showing the refeeds or diet breaks have no benefits over continuous small deficit. The only small benefit was psychological in that people could eat more tasty food again and not suffer for months on end with bland food. But if you eat Peaty, your diet will most likely not be bland.

That's really great, thanks for sharing!
Thank you! And amazing article! But what would you do during a plateau? Just further reduce the calories?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thank you! And amazing article! But what would you do during a plateau? Just further reduce the calories?
How long have you been in a plateau? Sometimes it can take 6 weeks and then suddenly fat loss happens.
If calories are too low or stress too high, then the metabolism will slow down and preserve fat.

Lee Simeon

How long have you been in a plateau? Sometimes it can take 6 weeks and then suddenly fat loss happens.
If calories are too low or stress too high, then the metabolism will slow down and preserve fat.
Right now I think about two weeks. Its odd since I lost 6-7 kg overall in about two months, but then it just stopped and might actually increased a tad.

Cloudhands

If one is to follow a healthy metabolic pattern of eating and lifestyle, what do you think is the minimum amount of fat one can maintain while still being completely healthy? Assuming that they arent taking exogenous androgens but just eating and exercising in a normal fashion? We see a lot of people that project unphysiological goals in the media, and it makes me question if im normal, too fat, too skinny etc and i wonder if theres a healthy normal set point for optimal being, or if perhaps were all different in our baseline etc

Missenger

If one is to follow a healthy metabolic pattern of eating and lifestyle, what do you think is the minimum amount of fat one can maintain while still being completely healthy? Assuming that they arent taking exogenous androgens but just eating and exercising in a normal fashion? We see a lot of people that project unphysiological goals in the media, and it makes me question if im normal, too fat, too skinny etc and i wonder if theres a healthy normal set point for optimal being, or if perhaps were all different in our baseline etc
Figuring BMI that's about all you really need to go by weight-wise, muscle leans towards androgens and excess fat leans towards estrogens. Fat ultimately clogs up arteries in excess unless it's pure pufa-less saturated fat and even then it can just be too much for the digestive tract in excess, people on here have gone from recommending moderate amounts of fat to keeping it to a lower minimum even though people need a minimum to have a functioning brain as far as I'm aware. Maybe a few hundred calories from dairy, or maybe eggs, a few teaspoons of coconut oil if your stomach can stand it. Undercooked eggs don't tend to clot the blood as much from my own experience, it could just be that cooked pufas naturally clot the blood.

Last edited:

gaze

Glad you enjoyed it!
I use cronometer to log my food. With that app you can also custom set your macros to whatever you want. The app will also show you your micronutrient intake and will give you an idea of what might be missing.
could you post an average day cronometer for you ?

Cloudhands

Figuring BMI that's about all you really need to go by weight-wise, muscle leans towards androgens and excess fat leans towards estrogens. Fat ultimately clogs up arteries in excess unless it's pure pufa-less saturated fat and even then it can just be too much for the digestive tract in excess, people on here have gone from recommending moderate amounts of fat to keeping it to a lower minimum even though people need a minimum to have a functioning brain as far as I'm aware. Maybe a few hundred calories from dairy, or maybe eggs, a few teaspoons of coconut oil if your stomach can stand it. Undercooked eggs don't tend to clot the blood as much from my own experience, it could just be that cooked pufas naturally clot the blood.
I meant what % bf is healthiest to maintain not fat intake

gaze

fat doesn't directly clog the blood. inflamation from serotonin, estrogen, cortisol all creates cholestrol plaques which build up. that or the arteries can calcify and harden. but as far as i'm aware fat itself doesn't literally clog up the arterie, however it can contribute to the inflamation which causes plaque build up

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It's person-specific really. I tend to do better between 50-80g of fat whereas others can do very well on 20-30g or around 150g. So you'll have to experiment. I know this is not the answer people are looking for, but everyone does differently on food.
If you want to optimize testosterone production, then cholesterol-rich foods, such as yolks, brain, kidney, etc., are great sources of cholesterol.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
could you post an average day cronometer for you ?
crono.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals