How much does muscle matter for energy expenditure and fat loss

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Nice article. I never heard much of this topic and it's very insteresting. So how to optimize your hormones and neurotransmitters ? That is what "peating" is suppose to do I guess.
Thanks man. Yeah exactly. Proper calories and macros, hitting your micros, calcium to phosphorus, gelatin, no gut irritation, lots of carbs, etc,

Nik665

How frequently have you heard: "Build muscle to lose fat." Implying that muscle mass has a very high metabolic rate and will burn up all your adipose tissue the more muscle you have.
In this article, I set the record straight and also show you what's really important for increasing energy expenditure.

It’s craY that this has not been well known my the masses for longer. Lyle McDonald has always been ahead of the curve Dissecting the Energy Needs of the Body » Bodyrecomposition

Dr. B

How frequently have you heard: "Build muscle to lose fat." Implying that muscle mass has a very high metabolic rate and will burn up all your adipose tissue the more muscle you have.
In this article, I set the record straight and also show you what's really important for increasing energy expenditure.

mate I was getting 5k IU vitamin A from diet only like whole milk liver. 10k IU d3 from supplements of cholecalciferol. im literally getting significantly more energy, appetite, from stopping the D3 entirely. it seems supplemental D will deplete A even if you get a good amount A. if its dietary A, it doesnt seem to work the same as supplemental.

literally everything mentioned here seems to be correct, in that thread and article. ill have to go a few months without D3 to really confirm for sure. but it is crazy. im wondering how much of the issues people are having here are due to fat soluble supplements. there was a time when D3 helped me, and that was when I had been using a daily multi for several years with 5000IU A and only 400IU D3, then when I added 5k IU D3 i got benefits. but now, when the 5k IU of A is entirely diet based, D3 doesnt work the same. I could do a lower dose D3, but considering the changes that have occurred in just a few days, I think i'd rather just not have D entirely for some time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals