How to lose fat safely while Peating

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I meant what % bf is healthiest to maintain not fat intake
Lol, I also understood you incorrectly. Around 10-12% for most people is what people can maintain with the least amount of stress. But even up to 30% can be fine if it's mostly saturated fat in the fat cells.

Nomane Euger

i

gaze

It's person-specific really. I tend to do better between 50-80g of fat whereas others can do very well on 20-30g or around 150g. So you'll have to experiment. I know this is not the answer people are looking for, but everyone does differently on food.
what do you think is the main determining factors for why someone would do better on higher fat compared to someone else? is it metabolic rate, thyroid function, current weight, stress levels etc?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
what do you think is the main determining factors for why someone would do better on higher fat compared to someone else? is it metabolic rate, thyroid function, current weight, stress levels etc?
Not sure why, but it could be bile secretion, satiety, conversion of cholesterol, or whatever the case may be. Enzymatic function, peptide secretion, bile release, etc., are all different amongst individuals.

David90

This is a frequent topic on the forum. What about fat loss and fatty acid oxidation, glucuronidation, cortisol, thyroid, etc? All are discussed in the article.

Great Article. Thanks @Hans. Enjoyed Reading it :handok:

This further points in the Direction that a Low Fat Diet could be Beneficial in the Long Run. Even if it's in a Daily Small Calroic Deficit.

HOLY ***t. 4 Litres of Milk and 19 TBSP Honey. That's quite a lot....o_O
I also upped my Honey Intake. I even put it as a sweetner in my Pre/Post Workout Shake and Anabolic French Toast (instead of Sugar).

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great Article. Thanks @Hans. Enjoyed Reading it :handok:

This further points in the Direction that a Low Fat Diet could be Beneficial in the Long Run. Even if it's in a Daily Small Calroic Deficit.
Thanks for reading! Carbs are definitely a must have in the diet. I have to add that I personally do better if my cholesterol intake is more than 1g, which I easily get from eggs and kidney.
HOLY ***t. 4 Litres of Milk and 19 TBSP Honey. That's quite a lot....o_O
I also upped my Honey Intake. I even put it as a sweetner in my Pre/Post Workout Shake and Anabolic French Toast (instead of Sugar).
GAINZZZ!!!!!! ?

Andman

Solid article @Hans thank you. I was suprised to read about the 20% tdee benefit of hclf. Way above what for example ECA stack can achvieve (~10%)

Whats your current bf% like? I seem to remember reading that youre cutting for summer too currently. If so, thats an insane kcal intake for a diet, def. jealous

Mossy

I would be curious if anyone has added the cardamom to their diet, per Hans' list. If so, are you putting it in a capsule, on food, in coffee? My gut is definitely inflammatory, but I'm not certain if I could take 1 tsp of cardamom a day. I've recently noticed an intolerance to Ceylon cinnamon, which I've never had before. It really messes up my gut bad. I'm wondering if cardamom would do the same.

Last edited:

Lee Simeon

I would be curious if anyone has added the cardamom to their diet, per Hans' list. If so, are you putting it in a capsule, on food, or coffee? My gut is definitely inflammatory, but I'm not certain if I could take 1 tsp of cardamom a day. I've recently noticed an intolerance to Ceylon cinnamon, which I've never had before. It really messes up my gut bad. I'm wondering if cardamom would do the same.
I always use it with dinner in my food.

equipoise

"Peating" is definitely harder for me to lose weight, I can't lie. It's super easy when I throw in 3 days a week of pseudo keto eating (really low carb) whilst sprinting and stuff. But it's also more stressful. Peating definitely feels overall more grounding and anabolic, strong. I'm stronger than ever. But, it's also really easy for me to gain fat. I was always the type to easily gain muscle and fat, stocky build. Can easily have 7,8k of food a day, confirmed by cronometer. I'm usually around 5k and that's my maintenance

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Solid article @Hans thank you. I was suprised to read about the 20% tdee benefit of hclf. Way above what for example ECA stack can achvieve (~10%)

Whats your current bf% like? I seem to remember reading that youre cutting for summer too currently. If so, thats an insane kcal intake for a diet, def. jealous
Thanks man.
Yeah someone can definitely boost their metabolism quite a lot from adding in specific carbs that they tolerate well.

I'm around 13-15% bf atm and not trying to lean down more. I'm weight stable, but positive body recomp is happening. I'm slowing increasing sprinting volume to promote the metabolism and fat loss.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I would be curious if anyone has added the cardamom to their diet, per Hans' list. If so, are you putting it in a capsule, on food, or coffee? My gut is definitely inflammatory, but I'm not certain if I could take 1 tsp of cardamom a day. I've recently noticed an intolerance to Ceylon cinnamon, which I've never had before. It really messes up my gut bad. I'm wondering if cardamom would do the same.
Perhaps you can try 1/4 tsp first and see how you feel.

Mossy

I always use it with dinner in my food.
I will try this. Thanks for the feedback.
Perhaps you can try 1/4 tsp first and see how you feel.
Good idea. I'll try 1/8 tsp in my coffee and will increase little by little. Thank you and thanks for the article.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans you are the poster boy for not fearing fructose with this! Beast.
Lol, I should get my Hb1Ac, fasting glucose, fasting insulin, trigs and cholesterol checked to show that it's not bad.

livesimply

This is a frequent topic on the forum. What about fat loss and fatty acid oxidation, glucuronidation, cortisol, thyroid, etc? All are discussed in the article.

Thanks for posting this! I am trying to lose quite a bit of weight gradually, to not slow down my metabolism or raise my stress hormones—and have been using cronometer. After entering my details in the settings, it said I needed to to have a 499 daily calorie deficit to lose 1 lb. a week. Initially I figured my macros at higher protein, but after reading your article I lowered it and raised my carbs to 60%. Do these ratios look okay? I am 5' ½" tall, 65 years old, hypothyroid, and currently 173 lbs. :rolleyes: going down to 130lbs. Appreciate your input/comments.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 7.05.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 7.05.58 PM.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 37

Beastmode

Over the past week I started a 60-20-20 ratio (carbs-protein-fat) anywhere from 2300-2500 calories per day. I haven't seen a reduction of fat, but my energy levels still seem to be steady. All fruits, juices, honey, masa sorbet, etc. Staying away from rice, potatoes, breads, etc.

With the weight lifting and adding in sprints a few times per week, I'll be interested if this leans me up. I've never done a carb ratio like this. I'm a 42 year old male.

I use T3, pregnenolone and dhea daily. Some aspirin a few times per week and 2m of Thorne's vitamin K.

I was taking these before the higher carb experiment so I want to see if just the change in ratio leans me up before starting some of the suggestions in the article.

I think the added coconut oil in the a.m will be the first tweak when added.

Timely article @Hans.

Jam

Losing fat for me is simply a matter of upping (high-quality) protein from meat/fish. With protein >= 25% of calories I slowly lose fat, no matter the other two macros. It also makes it impossible for me to overeat as (high-quality) protein is so satiating.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for posting this! I am trying to lose quite a bit of weight gradually, to not slow down my metabolism or raise my stress hormones—and have been using cronometer. After entering my details in the settings, it said I needed to to have a 499 daily calorie deficit to lose 1 lb. a week. Initially I figured my macros at higher protein, but after reading your article I lowered it and raised my carbs to 60%. Do these ratios look okay? I am 5' ½" tall, 65 years old, hypothyroid, and currently 173 lbs. :rolleyes: going down to 130lbs. Appreciate your input/comments.
Thanks for reading! 1500 is really low and the older one is, the more important it becomes to buffer stress with food. Avoiding low-calorie intake, such as 1500, is important. I'd say no less than 2000, but preferably 2500. Then just be more active outdoors to upregulate energy expenditure. I'd also bump protein up to 120-150g and get about 30g from gelatin.
Carb intake at 300-400g from fruit, honey, milk, etc., if possible.
Rather focus on fixing the metabolism (thyroid) and other health issues, before adding a stressful deficit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals