How to lose fat safely while Peating

Cloudhands

I
I personally don't agree. I feel better and look better with low protein. I'm getting shredded with low protein low fat,low phosphorus and high carb. I lost 5-6 kg of fat already without loosing muscle, people asking me how to get my jawline. Little milk, mushrooms,carrots,fruits,fruit juices and sometimes some organs.
Do u know how much protein youre getting a day?

GreekDemiGod

I personally noticed that on higher protein intake, say >150g, my strength and recovery in the gym is greater, so I assume it must be beneficial for me.
But it's curious how some can get by with lower.

PaRa

btw, how is your hematocrite and iron status @Razvan ? with a diet that low in iron would'nt you slash your iron stores ? I'm already very very low Iron and near anemia and high dairy diet makes things harder

Razvan

May hemoglobin
btw, how is your hematocrite and iron status @Razvan ? with a diet that low in iron would'nt you slash your iron stores ? I'm already very very low Iron and near anemia and high dairy diet makes things harder
My hemoglobin when i donated blood a week ago was 15.1 so it was right in the middle,my iron was fine too, i donated blood without problems,feeling good afterwards.

gaze

75-110 grams of protein, when i eat organs (brains) a little bit more.
i've found this to be the sweet spot also. it's not so much that higher protein is that bad per say, but once it starts getting above this it takes away from carbs for energy and saturated fats for digestion. not to mention all the anti thyroid amino acids start adding up at a certain point. but also someone like @Hans can get away with eating a lot more since he has a lot of mass, i'm more of the "average" person and build.

Razvan

I'm big
i've found this to be the sweet spot also. it's not so much that higher protein is that bad per say, but once it starts getting above this it takes away from carbs for energy and saturated fats for digestion. not to mention all the anti thyroid amino acids start adding up at a certain point. but also someone like @Hans can get away with eating a lot more since he has a lot of mass, i'm more of the "average" person and build.
I'm big, 6'4 and still don't need more. We need the bare minimum to do their job.

gaze

i will say however if i had more access to gelatinous rich meats, i would be more willing to go 150grams+ daily. but i don't like using collagen and gelatin powders, and preparing oxtail and stuff takes too long, so i'd rather just eat like 110 grams

Sefton10

I'm 6'2 with decent muscle, to get protein below 130g I have to pay really close attention to it and actively force myself to avoid it. If I just eat to appetite without thinking about it I always end up around 150g (mainly beef, milk, bone broth). Not sure if that's just through habit or genuine cravings for it.

PaRa

i will say however if i had more access to gelatinous rich meats, i would be more willing to go 150grams+ daily. but i don't like using collagen and gelatin powders, and preparing oxtail and stuff takes too long, so i'd rather just eat like 110 grams
add like 10-30g of glycine powder maybe

gaze

I'm 6'2 with decent muscle, to get protein below 130g I have to pay really close attention to it and actively force myself to avoid it. If I just eat to appetite without thinking about it I always end up around 150g (mainly beef, milk, bone broth). Not sure if that's just through habit or genuine cravings for it.
im 6'0 on the skinnier side. Usually I try to limit my meat intake to half a pound a day, which is about like 50 grams. Then I usually get 50-60 grams from milk + cheese. If I end up craving more meat I usually go above, but I dont eat bone broth which is easy protein. Just based off appetite alone I could probably eat a pound of beef a day, but I limit it more consciously because of the iron + phosphorus. I also eat a bit more starch nowadays which probably takes away from the protein necessity for satiation

Sefton10

im 6'0 on the skinnier side. Usually I try to limit my meat intake to half a pound a day, which is about like 50 grams. Then I usually get 50-60 grams from milk + cheese. If I end up craving more meat I usually go above, but I dont eat bone broth which is easy protein. Just based off appetite alone I could probably eat a pound of beef a day, but I limit it more consciously because of the iron + phosphorus. I also eat a bit more starch nowadays which probably takes away from the protein necessity for satiation
I tend to get organic lamb bones to make broth, which actually end up providing a decent bit of meat too once pressure cooked for a couple of hours. A kilo of bones will usually end up with about 150g of cooked meat and really gelatinous broth that will last me a few days. I find I can definitely get away with smaller portions of meat if I add some organ meats, a little bit of liver or a steak and kidney mix. Beef heart is good too, the place I get my meat have started doing a steak mince, liver and heart mix. I think the increased nutrient density is more satiating than just straight muscle meat even with less of it. I also wonder if (as I’ve not been eating starch) the higher fruit and therefore fructose intake makes the phosphorus less of a potential issue.

D

Deleted member 5487

Sprint. So easy to drop weight. It's my main workout now.

40-50 yards, short distance 90-95% effort. 2-3 minute breaks.

If your sprinting, you can relax on the diet and not have to sit in dangeroues caloric deficits.

Actually Builds muscle, while dropping fat. Mabey the only exercise that does this. Minimal or no Lactic Acid like long distance/high rep excersises.

1. Sprinting creates a superhero physique. You build powerful hamstrings and glutes, and no other exercise will blast off body fat faster.
  2. Working sprints into your current routine doesn't need to be hard. Sprinting 2-3 times per week will give you the maximum benefits.
  3. Sprinting up hills takes the intensity to damn near unlawful. Hill sprints are actually a safer choice than the standard sprints on the track.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Sprint. So easy to drop weight. It's my main workout now.

40-50 yards, short distance 90-95% effort. 2-3 minute breaks.

If your sprinting, you can relax on the diet and not have to sit in dangeroues caloric deficits.

Actually Builds muscle, while dropping fat. Mabey the only exercise that does this. Minimal or no Lactic Acid like long distance/high rep excersises.

1. Sprinting creates a superhero physique. You build powerful hamstrings and glutes, and no other exercise will blast off body fat faster.
  2. Working sprints into your current routine doesn't need to be hard. Sprinting 2-3 times per week will give you the maximum benefits.
  3. Sprinting up hills takes the intensity to damn near unlawful. Hill sprints are actually a safer choice than the standard sprints on the track.
I like sprints too but you're overselling it. It's not as powerful as that. Plus, most people can't do max sprint because of their metabolism or certain muscular compensations they have.
Also, hill sprints are actually a bit inferior because your contact time with the ground is longer, so it's not as effective for max velocity or making you faster compared to normal sprints.

D

Deleted member 5487

I like sprints too but you're overselling it. It's not as powerful as that. Plus, most people can't do max sprint because of their metabolism or certain muscular compensations they have.
Also, hill sprints are actually a bit inferior because your contact time with the ground is longer, so it's not as effective for max velocity or making you faster compared to normal sprints.
So I went from about 5'10 210lb (gained 30lbs after 18 months of "peating") to 5'10 180lb by switching up the diet and sprinting, mainly my alkalinity research pushed me over the edge of health.

Actually my diet could be considered non peat to some degree, since my metabolism is fixed I can eat water I want really like a kid agian. Had dominos cheese sticks last night, breakfast tacos this morning, ramen noodles(the real stuff) for lunch

D

Deleted member 5487

I can only reccomend you read @Amazoniac post here, several times.

Your diet seems quite high in protein and low in bicarbonate precursours

"Acid-base balance in the body influences adrenal hormone production of cortisol. When bicarbonate [HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]." "Dietary induction of acidosis increases serum cortisol concentrations [38]."

"Cortisol activates the tryptophan metabolism pathway which is carried out by rate-limiting enzymes of tryptophan catabolism, 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Cortisol directly stimulates TDO activation and may augment IDO activity indirectly through inflammatory cytokine signaling such as interferon gamma [49,50]. Excessive or chronic cortisol production acquired from a ‘Western’ dietary lifestyle could play a role in augmenting the tryptophan metabolism pathway and drive downstream molecular events that promote carcinogenesis."

"Upregulated cortisol bioactivity driven by diet-induced acidosis may be a factor in metabolic syndrome by promoting insulin resistance. Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59]."

"Acidosis associated insulin resistance through cortisol activity may result in compensatory pancreatic insulin secretion and higher levels of circulating insulin in the serum, a condition known as hyperinsulinemia." As Travisord would say: [sick]"

Cloudhands

So I went from about 5'10 210lb (gained 30lbs after 18 months of "peating") to 5'10 180lb by switching up the diet and sprinting, mainly my alkalinity research pushed me over the edge of health.

Actually my diet could be considered non peat to some degree, since my metabolism is fixed I can eat water I want really like a kid agian. Had dominos cheese sticks last night, breakfast tacos this morning, ramen noodles(the real stuff) for lunch
Bro every time u try a new thing you say that u lose a ton of weight, and gain an 8 pack of muscle. Im pretty sure that once youve gained an 8 pack you cant gain another one. Not trying to embarass u at all youre a nice person, but come on, like everything u talk about sounds like youre selling tupperware door to door

GreekDemiGod

Perhaps those who can get by and maintain muscle with lower protein intakes (I'm talking lower than bodybuilder average, but higher than general population) are in a better metabolic health. Just a hypothesis.

D

Deleted member 5487

Bro every time u try a new thing you say that u lose a ton of weight, and gain an 8 pack of muscle. Im pretty sure that once youve gained an 8 pack you cant gain another one. Not trying to embarass u at all youre a nice person, but come on, like everything u talk about sounds like youre selling tupperware door to door
Haha. I've notebooked my path towards my ideal health. My posting goes back to 2017.

The stuff and Advice I offer is what works for me at the time and as I progressed and tested with my own body i found what worked. Your welcome to research and and experiment yourself.

If you want to keep struggling like I did for 2-3 years following Haidut/Danny Roddys advice go for it

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals