How to lose fat safely while Peating

D

Deleted member 5487

Haha. I've notebooked my path towards my ideal health. My posting goes back to 2017.

The stuff and Advice I offer is what works for me at the time and as I progressed and tested with my own body i found what worked. Your welcome to research and and experiment yourself.

If you want to keep struggling like I did for 2-3 years following Haidut/Danny Roddys advice go for it

“The true method of knowledge is experiment.” —William Blake.

Danny Roddys favorite quote.

I experiemented with everything High fat, zero fat, ultra high carbs, vegtarian, high protein, plant protein, sprinting, jogging, co2 exhaling.....list is endless 2-3 years.

Cloudhands

Haha. I've notebooked my path towards my ideal health. My posting goes back to 2017.

The stuff and Advice I offer is what works for me at the time and as I progressed and tested with my own body i found what worked. Your welcome to research and and experiment yourself.

If you want to keep struggling like I did for 2-3 years following Haidut/Danny Roddys advice go for it
Im good on following anyones advice blindly, but i love to take honest peoples experiences into consideration. You are aware of how many different things youve claimed that gave u an 8 pack, right? Im just asking out of curiousity

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

I can only reccomend you read @Amazoniac post here, several times.

Your diet seems quite high in protein and low in bicarbonate precursours

"Acid-base balance in the body influences adrenal hormone production of cortisol. When bicarbonate [HCO3- levels are low, the kidneys upregulate glutaminase activity and trigger cortisol production [35-37]." "Dietary induction of acidosis increases serum cortisol concentrations [38]."

"Cortisol activates the tryptophan metabolism pathway which is carried out by rate-limiting enzymes of tryptophan catabolism, 2,3-dioxygenase (TDO) and indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO). Cortisol directly stimulates TDO activation and may augment IDO activity indirectly through inflammatory cytokine signaling such as interferon gamma [49,50]. Excessive or chronic cortisol production acquired from a ‘Western’ dietary lifestyle could play a role in augmenting the tryptophan metabolism pathway and drive downstream molecular events that promote carcinogenesis."

"Upregulated cortisol bioactivity driven by diet-induced acidosis may be a factor in metabolic syndrome by promoting insulin resistance. Chronic hyperglucocorticoidism upregulates visceral obesity while reducing insulin sensitivity mainly in visceral adipocytes which appear to be more responsive to cortisol than subcutaneous adipocytes due to higher expression levels of glucocorticoid receptors [58,59]."

"Acidosis associated insulin resistance through cortisol activity may result in compensatory pancreatic insulin secretion and higher levels of circulating insulin in the serum, a condition known as hyperinsulinemia." As Travisord would say: [sick]"
Despite my protein intake being quite high, I would say thinking I'm too acidic would be jumping to the wrong conclusion.
I also don't have any high cortisol symptoms and am 218lbs at 5'8" with 13-14% BF. So I have a decent amount of muscle mass and wouldn't consider myself to be fat (although I am currently lean bulking).

Here's a quote from a study on milk and dairy, seeing as most of my protein comes from milk...
"Milk and dairy products neither produce acid upon metabolism nor cause metabolic acidosis, and systemic pH is not influenced by diet.... Measurement of an acidic pH urine does not reflect metabolic acidosis or an adverse health condition. The modern diet, and dairy product consumption, does not make the body acidic. Alkaline diets alter urine pH but do not change systemic pH. Net acid excretion is not an important influence of calcium metabolism. Milk is not acid producing. Dietary phosphate does not have a negative impact on calcium metabolism, which is contrary to the acid-ash hypothesis." (R)

My point earlier was that sprinting 2-4 times a week won't give you a superhero physique. Have you seen how sprinters looked like in the 40s before steroids? Pretty mediocre to say the least. And those who did look good also had a good muscle-building program and diet.
But as I said, I like sprints too and do them twice a week. They have many benefits, but they won't give you a muscular physique (depending on what's your definition of muscular ofc).

Edit: Forgot to add, your body can make ample bicarbonate from CO2 through carbonic anhydrase.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

Despite my protein intake being quite high, I would say thinking I'm too acidic would be jumping to the wrong conclusion.
I also don't have any high cortisol symptoms and am 218lbs at 5'8" with 13-14% BF. So I have a decent amount of muscle mass and wouldn't consider myself to be fat (although I am currently lean bulking).

Here's a quote from a study on milk and dairy, seeing as most of my protein comes from milk...
"Milk and dairy products neither produce acid upon metabolism nor cause metabolic acidosis, and systemic pH is not influenced by diet.... Measurement of an acidic pH urine does not reflect metabolic acidosis or an adverse health condition. The modern diet, and dairy product consumption, does not make the body acidic. Alkaline diets alter urine pH but do not change systemic pH. Net acid excretion is not an important influence of calcium metabolism. Milk is not acid producing. Dietary phosphate does not have a negative impact on calcium metabolism, which is contrary to the acid-ash hypothesis." (R)

My point earlier was that sprinting 2-4 times a week won't give you a superhero physique. Have you seen how sprinters looked like in the 40s before steroids? Pretty mediocre to say the least. And those who did look good also had a good muscle-building program and diet.
But as I said, I like sprints too and do them twice a week. They have many benefits, but they won't give you a muscular physique (depending on what's your definition of muscular ofc).

Edit: Forgot to add, your body can make ample bicarbonate from CO2 through carbonic anhydrase.
Oh Lol. I thought you were asking how to lose weight on this forum. I didn't know you were a third party selling eBooks and coaching.

"218lbs at 5'8" with 13-14% BF."
"lean bulking)"

1618416652939.png

Last edited by a moderator:

David90

Thanks for reading! Carbs are definitely a must have in the diet. I have to add that I personally do better if my cholesterol intake is more than 1g, which I easily get from eggs and kidney.
Yes that is true. One of our former Members of the Anabolicmen Forum (his Name was 1kT over there and i think he was also on this Forum too) had also his Own Website. And he Aknowledged that too, that the Cholesterol Intake should be at least 1g DAILY to Increase Testosterone.

I done that in my former 2019 Blood Test (i was eating Beef Liver almost Daily as well as eating 4-5 Eggs Daily). And Total Testosterone came back at 808ng/dl. So there seems to be some Truth to that.

David90

Thanks for reading! 1500 is really low and the older one is, the more important it becomes to buffer stress with food. Avoiding low-calorie intake, such as 1500, is important. I'd say no less than 2000, but preferably 2500. Then just be more active outdoors to upregulate energy expenditure. I'd also bump protein up to 120-150g and get about 30g from gelatin.
Carb intake at 300-400g from fruit, honey, milk, etc., if possible.
Rather focus on fixing the metabolism (thyroid) and other health issues, before adding a stressful deficit.

Problem with the Lower Calories is also getting enough Macro and Micronutrients in. 2500 is Probably the safest to ensure that. On less then 2000 it get's more and more Difficult.

Jem Oz

Sprints can be problematic if you’re overweight or untoned. High chance of injury, even when short. To be done properly long term they actually require a fair bit of before and after prep work, warm ups, slowly building the intensity, and then things like self massage afterwards.
They do feel amazing, but for many I think long slow walks is safer

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Oh Lol. I thought you were asking how to lose weight on this forum. I didn't know you were a third party selling eBooks and coaching.

"218lbs at 5'8" with 13-14% BF."
"lean bulking)"

View attachment 22701

I'm not sure why you thought I was asking how to lose weight when there's no question mark in the title... The title of this thread was/is the name of the article I wrote based on how to lose fat safely while Peating.
And I know you did read the thread because that's how you know what my diet looks like (based on your statement that my diet is low in bicarbonate precursors).

I'm also not sure at all what you mean by "I didn't know you were a third party selling eBooks and coaching." ...a third party would be everyone here on this forum lol.
I also never advertise my eBooks or coaching on this forum... I only post my articles and helpful info to try and help/contribute where I can.

Any reason for quoting me on my weight, height, and BF percentage?

Also clueless as to why you ranked my website... don't know what you used to rank it but it's extremely inaccurate.

Cloudhands

I'm not sure why you thought I was asking how to lose weight when there's no question mark in the title... The title of this thread was/is the name of the article I wrote based on how to lose fat safely while Peating.
And I know you did read the thread because that's how you know what my diet looks like (based on your statement that my diet is low in bicarbonate precursors).

I'm also not sure at all what you mean by "I didn't know you were a third party selling eBooks and coaching." ...a third party would be everyone here on this forum lol.
I also never advertise my eBooks or coaching on this forum... I only post my articles and helpful info to try and help/contribute where I can.

Any reason for quoting me on my weight, height, and BF percentage?

Also clueless as to why you ranked my website... don't know what you used to rank it but it's extremely inaccurate.
Everyone on here loves you hans, if someone tries to make you look bad in this way, its only a litmus test of their fragility.

Nik665

This is a frequent topic on the forum. What about fat loss and fatty acid oxidation, glucuronidation, cortisol, thyroid, etc? All are discussed in the article.

How to lose fat safely while Peating
I think many people misconstrue peats words about him being against a calorie deficit . I watched the interview with the sisters and they ask about fat loss he mentions you can get all nutrients with a quart of milk and a couple other things, if I recall correctly he also mentions to basically stop eating so much . Of course you need a calorie deficit

Nik665

I think many people misconstrue peats words about him being against a calorie deficit . I watched the interview with the sisters and they ask about fat loss he mentions you can get all nutrients with a quart of milk and a couple other things, if I recall correctly he also mentions to basically stop eating so much . Of course you need a calorie deficit
Strong sistas interview in fact at minute 51 they ask him what he would do if he was overwrought and peat says well first stop eating for a while ?

AndrogenicJB

Ordinary low fat, but without A and D. We don't have A2 specific milk here, but we do have goat milk. But since I don't have issues with normal milk, I don't I'll be switching soon.
do you think pasteurized goat milk is fine and does it have to be grass-fed, is pasteurized goat milk better than store bought milk

AndrogenicJB

I
I personally don't agree. I feel better and look better with low protein. I'm getting shredded with low protein low fat,low phosphorus and high carb. I lost 5-6 kg of fat already without loosing muscle, people asking me how to get my jawline. Little milk, mushrooms,carrots,fruits,fruit juices and sometimes some organs.
do you think pasteurized goat milk is better than store bought commercial milk

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
do you think pasteurized goat milk is fine and does it have to be grass-fed, is pasteurized goat milk better than store bought milk
Yes that's fine. What matters is the A2 content of the milk. A1 tends to be more inflammatory for certain people, so they're better off with A2 milk. And certain people tend to digest goat milk even better than A2 cow's milk.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I was talking to the troll...ehh I mean keyboard jockey...ehhh I mean the Ray Peat Forum Member
Lol sorry I thought you were talking to me seeing as you quoted my stats (which he quoted).