Does higher testosterone levels make the face wider

BearWithMe

On average you need 10k IU d3 daily. Someone maybe 5k someone 20k. So you cannot say that as blanket statement, just that if you don't do tests then get 10k
10k = 10 000 IU, you know that, right?

rei

yes.

A statistical error in the estimation of the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for vitamin D was recently discovered; in a correct analysis of the data used by the Institute of Medicine, it was found that 8895 IU/d was needed for 97.5% of individuals to achieve values ≥50 nmol/L.

<100ng/ml would be optimal so <250nmol/L

This means up to 40k IU daily is optimal if your health and individual physiology allows for it. Safe upper level is 20k and 10k is absolutely required for good health.

Last edited:

Dr. B

I think they come only when you take it orally.
some people were reporting effects from using K2 drops on the balls.

Most of the studies proving positive effects of K were done on MK4. There is no proof MK7 does the same thing.

This is really, really interesting. How much calcium are you getting each day, and from what sources?

currently, over 2500mg, over 3000mg, from a half gallon whole milk plus some figs, whey protein etc.

when I was using K2 mk4 every other day in the past, my calcium intake was more around 1400mg, from 2 cups whole milk, whey protein, greek yogurt etc.

but i think blood calcium levels are not supposed to be at 0. they arent supposed to be high, which can indicate high pth and possible leeching from bones. but lots of K2 may drop it too low id imagine. i heard milk contains K2 mk4, and that grass fed milk contains more, and raw milk contains more. the grass probably does contain lots of K1 like leafy greens do and the cows convert it to k2 most likely. im not sure if raw milk actually contains more

Dr. B

yes.

<100ng/ml would be optimal so <250nmol/L

This means up to 40k IU daily is optimal if your health and individual physiology allows for it. Safe upper level is 20k and 10k is absolutely required for good health.
what would you say is optimal for A, E and K2? also does that 10k IU include dietary and sunlight or just dietary vitamin d3

rei

It's total vitamin D, if you get sunlight you need to consume less. I don't know about optimal doses of the others, but i use the following:

I have found LE health booster very good with 3735mcg total vitamin k, but i doubt that amount is necessary daily, personally i use it 2-3 times per week for cost reasons. Thorne's 1mg/drop is probably enough and economical for daily use.

Health booster has 30mg vitamin e. Their 2 per day multivitamin contains an additional 67mg so a total of 97mg is a bit too much IMO, so i only take half dose of the multivitamin on the days i take the health booster.

The multivitamin has 1500mcg vitamin a which seems good.

Dr. B

It's total vitamin D, if you get sunlight you need to consume less. I don't know about optimal doses of the others, but i use the following:

I have found LE health booster very good with 3735mcg total vitamin k, but i doubt that amount is necessary daily, personally i use it 2-3 times per week for cost reasons. Thorne's 1mg/drop is probably enough and economical for daily use.

Health booster has 30mg vitamin e. Their 2 per day multivitamin contains an additional 67mg so a total of 97mg is a bit too much IMO, so i only take half dose of the multivitamin on the days i take the health booster.

The multivitamin has 1500mcg vitamin a which seems good.

i used that health booster and their mix multivitamin years ago but arent there numerous issues with their products
they contain all kinds of excipients like silica, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate
the multivitamin mix has all kinds of odd seed mixes and herb mixtures and NAC in it
the health booster has all kinds of different things mixed in it beyond the vitamins
i heard vitamin E and K shouldnt be taken together? ray said they can cause a stomach reaction too?
i think LE sources their K2 mk7 and mk4 from soy sources, though it may be fermented soy sources
additionally with regards to the E and the multivitamin, theres many vitamins/minerals present but the doses can be high, additionally i wonder if theres long term imbalance caused with using those vitamins long term? they have lots of zinc, little copper and manganese, and zero iron.
plus theres numerous minerals in the citrate form like the vit c, zinc, manganese etc
if youre into vitamin supplements its probably one of the nicer ones. i used to use their vitamin and health booster years ago.

ilhanxx

I used mk4 and mk7 complex on scrotum and oral, it is very effective every mean and better than anabolic steroids. But hair is shedding so much and scalp was bigger, I gave up. I don't use anymore

AndrogenicJB

I used mk4 and mk7 complex on scrotum and oral, it is very effective every mean and better than anabolic steroids. But hair is shedding so much and scalp was bigger, I gave up. I don't use anymore
How much mk4 did you use to give a muscle building effect

Dr. B

your hair was shedding from the combo of scrotum/oral use? I wonder if scrotal use wouldnt cause the same type of hair loss as oral?

Pistachio

Most of the studies proving positive effects of K were done on MK4. There is no proof MK7 does the same thing.

This is really, really interesting. How much calcium are you getting each day, and from what sources?
Damn. It's just hard to find MK4 from a non-corn or non-Soy source. I think Now Foods has MK4 from alternative source but not sure.

Pistachio

One thing I've noticed using MK7 is against kidney stone crystallization. It definitely counters that in my body. For that reason alone, it's worth taking, but I'd like to find a cleaner MK4 source.

Pistachio

When I first started taking MK7 I was getting hairloss itch and shedding. But several months in, it seems to have subsided, at least the itching. Hopefully it's a decalcification of scalp process taking place, but it's all a guess.

rei

i used that health booster and their mix multivitamin years ago but arent there numerous issues with their products
they contain all kinds of excipients like silica, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate
the multivitamin mix has all kinds of odd seed mixes and herb mixtures and NAC in it
the health booster has all kinds of different things mixed in it beyond the vitamins
i heard vitamin E and K shouldnt be taken together? ray said they can cause a stomach reaction too?
i think LE sources their K2 mk7 and mk4 from soy sources, though it may be fermented soy sources
additionally with regards to the E and the multivitamin, theres many vitamins/minerals present but the doses can be high, additionally i wonder if theres long term imbalance caused with using those vitamins long term? they have lots of zinc, little copper and manganese, and zero iron.
plus theres numerous minerals in the citrate form like the vit c, zinc, manganese etc
if youre into vitamin supplements its probably one of the nicer ones. i used to use their vitamin and health booster years ago.
yes there are theoretical issues but i have not found anything comparable for the price, i am in practice limited to products sent from eu. And the health booster has worked wonders for me, the multivitamin i have not noticed anything special from, but no issues either. I use the capsule form so maybe the amount of excipients is small compared to a pill?

Dr. B

I wish I knew. Wilson's is considered incurable. There is a thread on this forum. A couple of people there messed up their copper metabolisms by high doses of zinc, no one got out of that trap so far.

That being said, retinol and b12 are ceruloplasmin cofactors. Copper itself is also needed for ceruloplasmin production.

I think eating liver might be very beneficial, because it contain concentrated copper and all ceruloplasmin cofactors. In the natural, most bioavailable forms.

Obviously be very careful with that and do it on your own risk, as it is complete opposite of the conventional treatment of Wilson's

hey man, at least on wikipedia and online, apparently zinc and molybdenum are used to treat wilsons as well. do you think it could also be slow metabolism causing copper buildup, or maybe its the excess copper from tap water? some women have copper iuds, additionally i heard most tap water can have copper and other toxic minerals in it due to the pipes used. if youre the average american youre likely getting excess artificial copper from tap water, excess artificial iron from fortified foods, and little zinc or vitamin c unless you supplement or have lots of OJ, milk, beef, etc. i think this could be why many get some benefits from vitamin c/zinc supplements. if you dont have those fortified iron foods and supplements and tap water like many peaters you could notice more harms from supplementing vitamin c and zinc.

regarding hypercalcemia, danny and Peat dont seem to think its a issue. I wonder if supplementing magnesium is advisable unless also supplementing calcium? i dont think theres ever been an instance of hypercalcemia from too much dietary calcium? peat said lowering parathyroid hormone as much as you can improves health and kidney health, so a higher milk diet should help that. i also remember reading once that normally spinach and some other veggies or fruits with oxalates or something else can increase kidney stone risk but if you have them alongside a calcium source the kidney stone risk is minimized. I am not sure how vitamin D supplementation works, if its more similar to dietary calcium or supplemental calcium. since the D3 does increase calcium absorption and maybe works different from a supplement. but it seems the more you can lower PTH, the more you can reduce chances of a kidney stone forming?

BearWithMe

hey man, at least on wikipedia and online, apparently zinc and molybdenum are used to treat wilsons as well. do you think it could also be slow metabolism causing copper buildup, or maybe its the excess copper from tap water? some women have copper iuds, additionally i heard most tap water can have copper and other toxic minerals in it due to the pipes used. if youre the average american youre likely getting excess artificial copper from tap water, excess artificial iron from fortified foods, and little zinc or vitamin c unless you supplement or have lots of OJ, milk, beef, etc. i think this could be why many get some benefits from vitamin c/zinc supplements. if you dont have those fortified iron foods and supplements and tap water like many peaters you could notice more harms from supplementing vitamin c and zinc.
Obviously. That's why I have said it is a complete opposite of the conventional treatment of Wilson's.

Statins are used for treatment of high cholesterol, oxygen + mechanical ventilation is used for treatment of covid, and fish oil is used for treatment of inflammation...

How many Wilson patients do you think are actually cured by zinc supplementation? Zero. Their health slowly deteriorate until they die.

Are you French?

Dr. B

Obviously. That's why I have said it is a complete opposite of the conventional treatment of Wilson's.

Statins are used for treatment of high cholesterol, oxygen + mechanical ventilation is used for treatment of covid, and fish oil is used for treatment of inflammation...

How many Wilson patients do you think are actually cured by zinc supplementation? Zero. Their health slowly deteriorate until they die.

Are you French?

no, why do you say French?

interesting. do you think it is actually the zinc messing with copper processing in the body or just an overall slow metabolism causing wilsons. also wouldnt iron from fortified foods also contribute to wilsons, as well as just multivitamins containing molybdenum/zinc/iron?

do you think D3 would function more like dietary calcium, or more like calcium supplementation? calcium supplements seem very risky, whereas dietary calcium is very safe. D3 is a bit different since it boosts calcium absorption...

BearWithMe

interesting. do you think it is actually the zinc messing with copper processing in the body or just an overall slow metabolism causing wilsons. also wouldnt iron from fortified foods also contribute to wilsons, as well as just multivitamins containing molybdenum/zinc/iron?
I don't think Wilson's is caused by slow metabolism.

Iron fortified foods definitely can contribute to Wilson's by the same mechanism zinc does - by lowering copper absorbtion and reducing ceruloplasmin.

Iron fortified foods are also much more toxic to Wilson's patients because their livers are unable to proccess and excrete extra iron.

do you think D3 would function more like dietary calcium, or more like calcium supplementation? calcium supplements seem very risky, whereas dietary calcium is very safe. D3 is a bit different since it boosts calcium absorption...
D3 is hormone - a secosteroid. It is never good idea to supplement hormones in doses so large that can't be naturally present in human body.

There are so many ways you can mess yourself up by megadosing D3 long term, hypercalcemia being just one of them.

I think D3 is very safe at normal doses, but unsafe at huge doses.

Dr. B

I don't think Wilson's is caused by slow metabolism.

Iron fortified foods definitely can contribute to Wilson's by the same mechanism zinc does - by lowering copper absorbtion and reducing ceruloplasmin.

Iron fortified foods are also much more toxic to Wilson's patients because their livers are unable to proccess and excrete extra iron.

D3 is hormone - a secosteroid. It is never good idea to supplement hormones in doses so large that can't be naturally present in human body.

There are so many ways you can mess yourself up by megadosing D3 long term, hypercalcemia being just one of them.

I think D3 is very safe at normal doses, but unsafe at huge doses.

what kinds of effects do you think D3 could have besides hypercalcemia?
also i heard doesnt like just 30 minutes exposure of the upper torso create 20,000 Iu vitamin d3 or something? idk if it was on here or another site but someone posted something about Israeli lifeguards or other lifeguards who had higher kidney stone risk due to more vitamin d3 from being outside?
would you say vitamin A, K2, and E are also hormones?
also what made you ask if im French

BearWithMe

what kinds of effects do you think D3 could have besides hypercalcemia?
Magnesium and vitamin A / E deficiency, for example. These are bigger problems than mild vitamin D deficiency, IMO.

also i heard doesnt like just 30 minutes exposure of the upper torso create 20,000 Iu vitamin d3 or something?
Does it all get absorbed, converted to the active form and utilized, though? With the supplement, the body have pretty much no choice but to absorb it, and that's the biggest problem.

would you say vitamin A, K2, and E are also hormones?
No, these are not hormones

Dr. B

Magnesium and vitamin A / E deficiency, for example. These are bigger problems than mild vitamin D deficiency, IMO.

Does it all get absorbed, converted to the active form and utilized, though? With the supplement, the body have pretty much no choice but to absorb it, and that's the biggest problem.

No, these are not hormones

why or how would the D3 cause a vitamin E deficiency?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals