B Vitamins Doubled My Total Testosterone Levels

DANIEL

As many of you already know, I attribute a lot of importance to hormones, and I've played quite a bit with them.

I have been off testosterone since the 6th of June this year.
When natural, my natural testosterone levels has always hovered around 500ng/dl.

It was 480ng/dl before I ever used testosterone, and 520ng/dl in september, 3 months after I discontinued testosterone.

At that time I was off ALL supplements. Not one pill would go through my system.

I have started taking Thorne's basic B complex around a month and a half ago, with great benefits. Full sized flaccid hang, balls fuller, great libido, enhanced cognition, enhanced mood.

I was curious if it had had any impact on my testosterone levels, so I went for a blood test end of last week.

My total testosterone came back at 974ng/dl.

I made sure to take my last B vitamin pill 24h prior to the test as Biotin can skew results.

E2 came back at 16pg/ml (11-44) too low to my liking.
Prolactin 16ng/ml (2-18) which seems crazy high given that the B complex has a huge B6 dose!!
@haidut not sure what to make of this prolactin value and how to decrease it.

25 hydroxy vitamin D came back low at 21,4ng/ml (30-80)

My next experiment is to start Vitamin D and Vitamin K supplementation, see if they improve my muscle building ability, which is amazingly low for a T level close to 1000.
Were the effects on libido and cognition immediate, or did it take a few weeks?

jaype

I also take Thorne's B vitamins and feel great shortly after taking it, drive, mentality, energy, and stress resiliency goes up. I think I might be deficient in some of these B vitamins. Probably a lot of us are considering our soils have become depleted of essentials minerals for last few decades/centuries. I'll have lab work done in two months and see what my T levels are at. I had one done a few weeks ago and it was at 500 which I'm not happy about.

golder

Thorne’s basic B complex has Folate, Choline, 17,000% RDA of B12 and Silicon Dioxide. Interesting that it raised your baseline T so well, but would there be a better brand to use here?

anotherworld

H

How much time passed between your last ejaculation and the blood test? After 6-7 days of abstinence from masturbation, your testosterone can rise up to 300%, so keep that in mind!
Could you please share the source of 6-7 days of abstinence from masturbation can rise testosterone up to 300%?

Superhumaness

I think these are great results! Coincidentally, I will make a post soon on oral pregnenolone also raising total T in males. Combining pregnenolone with the B vitamins should accelerate the conversion downstream and possibly raise T even more.
When T is that high, prolactin will rise as some of that T is getting converted into estrogen even if the serum levels of estradiol seem low-ish. Bodybuilders who use TRT always get elevated prolactin. You are not doing TRT but with T that high (technically above the upper limit of normal range) it is expected that prolactin will also rise some. Btw, serum estradiol is mostly a sign of how much estradiol the gonads are making, so having it that low is actually a great sign of gonadal health. Most of the total body estrogen comes from peripheral aromatization and is measurable by either estrone sulfate (E1S) or prolactin.
Please can you advise how to increase testosterone in females? thanks