High Testosterone, But No Traits

UltraSuperior

I don't really agree that beard isn't influenced by androgens. I couldn't grow a beard until age 24, when I adopted a really good diet, sunlight, and so on. After that my beard started growing like crazy and I'm able to grow a decent beard now.

T

TheBeard

Wishing you well on the recovery road mate. What’s the liver cleanse? I’d like to give it a go. I can barely store glycogen after the years of metabolic damage.

Liver Flush protocole

opethfeldt

High testosterone can outcompete DHT for binding. If your DHT is low, that might make it even worse. Sometimes sky high test isn't the best situation if your androgen receptors aren't optimal.

golder

High testosterone can outcompete DHT for binding. If your DHT is low, that might make it even worse. Sometimes sky high test isn't the best situation if your androgen receptors aren't optimal.
How would one know and/or rectify the androgen receptors here? Thanks for the input.

Vileplume

Hey @dylanrr1, did you ever figure out what caused the extremely high T, or gain any new insights about it? I recently got blood results back indicating high testosterone, right around 1150 like where you had it.

Despite my high T, I have no morning or nocturnal erections. I often get ED during sexual situations.

PxD

Hi All,

I've somewhat recently discovered this forum and have been reading every night since I found it.
In my quest to optimal health and well being, I decided I would post my first thread.

I'm 24 years old, male. I recently got blood tests from doctor for general checkup, and my testosterone level was ~1150 ng/dL, which he said was actually outside of the normal range for a male (higher).

Problem is, I don't have many traits of what someone I'd imagine with high T would have. I am not hairy, I cant even grow a full beard at 24. Also my voice isn't very low, a lot higher pitch than most people I know to be honest. Finally, my sex drive isn't over the top, it just seems very standard, maybe even on the lower side.

Does anyone know why this could be? I didn't check estrogen, but my prolactin was well within the healthy range for a male, so im assuming estrogen would be fine.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Like @Kunstruct said, DHT is the hormone that’ll put hair on your face, lower your voice, etc. It’s significantly more androgenic than testosterone. Maybe you have a disconnect between the two.

Nomane Euger

Hey @dylanrr1, did you ever figure out what caused the extremely high T, or gain any new insights about it? I recently got blood results back indicating high testosterone, right around 1150 like where you had it.

Despite my high T, I have no morning or nocturnal erections. I often get ED during sexual situations.
Hi vileplum,do you supplement vitamine K2 or eat grass fed grass finished veal/beef/lamb liver kidneys and fat?

Vileplume

Hi vileplum,do you supplement vitamine K2 or eat grass fed grass finished veal/beef/lamb liver kidneys and fat?
Hey Nomane Euger, I supplement 8 mg/day of K2 from Kuinone, and I eat grass fed lamb and grass fed beef liver, plus full fat raw goat milk and grass fed oxtails, so I get plenty of animal fat and fat-soluble vitamins I think. But I don’t eat kidney. Do you think that would help?

I just listened to the below Jodellfit interview with Dr. Peat where at around 38:00 he says, if I understand correctly, that too much testosterone could oppose progesterone and lower it, increasing estrogen. This might explain my gynecomastia and hot flashes. I wonder if supplementing progesterone would help prevent my high T from converting to estrogen.

View: https://youtu.be/1UOmrFJN51o

Nomane Euger

Hey Nomane Euger, I supplement 8 mg/day of K2 from Kuinone, and I eat grass fed lamb and grass fed beef liver, plus full fat raw goat milk and grass fed oxtails, so I get plenty of animal fat and fat-soluble vitamins I think. But I don’t eat kidney. Do you think that would help?

I just listened to the below Jodellfit interview with Dr. Peat where he says, if I understand correctly, that too much testosterone could oppose progesterone and lower it, increasing estrogen. This might explain my gynecomastia and hot flashes. I wonder if supplementing progesterone would help prevent my high T from converting to estrogen.
Hi,do you remember your dreams when you wake up,do you remember any sex dream pleasant or not pleasant?how often do you eat liver and in wich quantity per day?do you supplement any fat solubles vitamins such as vitamin A and D(not saying you should,just asking)?do you street work out or lift weights?do you take the sun?do you interact with womans time to time?whats your sleeping time usually?do you eat gelatin?

Vileplume

Hi,do you remember your dreams when you wake up,do you remember any sex dream pleasant or not pleasant?how often do you eat liver and in wich quantity per day?do you supplement any fat solubles vitamins such as vitamin A and D(not saying you should,just asking)?do you street work out or lift weights?do you take the sun?do you interact with womans time to time?whats your sleeping time usually?do you eat gelatin?
Great questions.
-I usually don’t remember my dreams when I wake up, but once every two weeks or so I will have a sexual dream (kissing or touching) and I won’t ejaculate, no wet dreams, but I will wake up with a morning erection in these rare cases.
-I used to eat a lot of liver, like 4 oz per day, but now I eat about 4-6 oz per week. 2 oz portions twice per week. I didn’t notice too much of a change in my symptoms with less liver.
-I supplement K (8 mg) and D (6000 IU). My vitamin D is very high, 70 Ng/dL. But I had the high T problem even before I started supplementing D.
-I don’t work out very often, but I walk 10,000 steps per day and do about 2 20-minute body weight workouts per week (push-ups, pull-ups, squats)
-I try to get some sunlight but not as much as I’d like, usually about 5 hours of direct sunlight per week, without my shirt.
-I don’t interact with women romantically that much because I don’t go out too often, although my job is social and I often have lunch and chat with my female coworkers who are young, my age, but mostly married.
-I usually sleep around 10 pm and wake up at 5:30
-yes, I eat a good amount of gelatin: 30 g daily

baccheion

Great questions.
-I usually don’t remember my dreams when I wake up, but once every two weeks or so I will have a sexual dream (kissing or touching) and I won’t ejaculate, no wet dreams, but I will wake up with a morning erection in these rare cases.
-I used to eat a lot of liver, like 4 oz per day, but now I eat about 4-6 oz per week. 2 oz portions twice per week. I didn’t notice too much of a change in my symptoms with less liver.
-I supplement K (8 mg) and D (6000 IU). My vitamin D is very high, 70 Ng/dL. But I had the high T problem even before I started supplementing D.
-I don’t work out very often, but I walk 10,000 steps per day and do about 2 20-minute body weight workouts per week (push-ups, pull-ups, squats)
-I try to get some sunlight but not as much as I’d like, usually about 5 hours of direct sunlight per week, without my shirt.
-I don’t interact with women romantically that much because I don’t go out too often, although my job is social and I often have lunch and chat with my female coworkers who are young, my age, but mostly married.
-I usually sleep around 10 pm and wake up at 5:30
-yes, I eat a good amount of gelatin: 30 g daily
Don't remember dreams? Switch to biphasic sleep. There's also 50 mg+ vitamin B6 P-5'-P...

Dr. B

sounds dangerous, ive only had those symptoms with low test levels like around 240, do you still get ED if you stroke it?

Don't remember dreams? Switch to biphasic sleep. There's also 50 mg+ vitamin B6 P-5'-P...

what is biphasic sleep and why so much vitamin b6 i heard 10mg daily tops, max,

I just listened to the below Jodellfit interview with Dr. Peat where at around 38:00 he says, if I understand correctly, that too much testosterone could oppose progesterone and lower it, increasing estrogen. This might explain my gynecomastia and hot flashes. I wonder if supplementing progesterone would help prevent my high T from converting to estrogen.

View: https://youtu.be/1UOmrFJN51o

that level of vitamin k2 is not safe, 2mg twice a week should be more than enough
its interesting i never really got gyno even with lots of weight gain and low test levels i think you need the testosterone for gyno since it creates the estrogen whereas if the gain is from cortisol, you will have low test but also low estrogen maybe?

Vileplume

that level of vitamin k2 is not safe, 2mg twice a week should be more than enough
its interesting i never really got gyno even with lots of weight gain and low test levels i think you need the testosterone for gyno since it creates the estrogen whereas if the gain is from cortisol, you will have low test but also low estrogen maybe?
I emailed Peat about the high testosterone to see if some of it could convert to estrogen, and he said if anything the testosterone would be helping me. I think only supplemental testosterone can convert to estrogen, not testosterone already in the blood. Earlier today, listening to an interview with Dr. Peat, it sounded like parathyroid hormone and prolactin had more to do with gyno than estrogen did, but I guess they're all connected anyway. Hard to have one elevated without the other elevated too.

By the way, how do you know that amount is too high for K2? I think I've heard of other members on this forum using a similar amount, and if memory serves me correctly I've even heard Peat say that amount is okay.

Dr. B

I emailed Peat about the high testosterone to see if some of it could convert to estrogen, and he said if anything the testosterone would be helping me. I think only supplemental testosterone can convert to estrogen, not testosterone already in the blood. Earlier today, listening to an interview with Dr. Peat, it sounded like parathyroid hormone and prolactin had more to do with gyno than estrogen did, but I guess they're all connected anyway. Hard to have one elevated without the other elevated too.

By the way, how do you know that amount is too high for K2? I think I've heard of other members on this forum using a similar amount, and if memory serves me correctly I've even heard Peat say that amount is okay.
where did you hear of that mate? aromatase if upregulated turns testosterone to estrogen iirc,
dhea can also aromatize

where did Peat mention it
its far far above food amounts, far higher than the RDA

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals