Masculinizing Effects From Progesterone?

IWishIWasRich

Is it supposed to interact positive or negative with hair? my progesterone was above range in my bloodwork and im ******* balding

my DHT was also above range, average levels of test and prolactine

i have scalp itch, keto shampoo doesnt work

xetawaves

Is it supposed to interact positive or negative with hair? my progesterone was above range in my bloodwork and im ******* balding

my DHT was also above range, average levels of test and prolactine

i have scalp itch, keto shampoo doesnt work

I don't think high progesterone levels would make you go bald. Finasteride raises progesterone and it halts/reverses hair loss for most men.

how high was your progesterone and dht?

Last edited:

Herbie

one evening a few weeks ago, I put perhaps 20-30 drops of progest-e on my gums and lips to see what would happen and had a nocturnal emission.

IWishIWasRich

Any idea of your thyroid function @IWishIWasRich

More importantly do you have the actual numbers or are you repeating what the doc said?

Yeah I have actual numbers not that much thyroid wise, docs refuse to check anything but TSH and T4 levels. I tested a couple of times for antibodies and they were high then low again

I have been at 9 ish TSH years ago before I was put on euthyrox, at current dose of 75mcg my TSH fluctuates around 4. Im scared to get a dose that's too high and my thyroid stops working naturally. I would like to fix the underlying problem instead of overdosing on euthyrox... but there's not much I can do, docs work like that.

Im going to go to a private clinic to get more complete thyroid lab done including t3, reverse t3, antibodies etc

In the morning i feel like ***t and cold even now in summer, right now im feeling better at 16:20

I did a private bloodwork years ago before i started using topical finasteride and minoxidil and my DHT was 1.42 higher range being 1.00 so above range, I have massive amounts of hair in my legs dark and thick type. The good news is my donor area is abundant so if I need a hair transplant I have plenty of hair on the sides and back of my head

Scalp itch and hairloss go hand in hand for me I believe its mostly high DHT inflammation which goes lower when i appply the foam but still im balding, im going to try dutasteride injections in the scalp as well as continuing the foam to hopefully stop hairloss by total nuke of scalp DHT. I would do PRP too but im not wealthy enough to afford it all at the moment.

More stuff I got checked in this paid private bloodwork was PTH, prolactine, e2.. all within range, test levels within range but I think not ideal. I will try to post the exact numbers later, but this bloodwork is from ages ago anyway. No sides from finasteride tho, still massive erections, intense orgasms, but less amount of cum which I hate and i would like to revert (without giving up on the foam which works for my itch at least, and maybe i would have lost hair faster without it).

I also need to check cortisol curve, glucose levels and anything that you can recommend that would make sense within this massive peak of something when i wake up in the morning.

If I FORCE myself to go out it gets better as I walk and have some sun but I would like to not have to force myself going out feeling like a zombie.

Btw nice arm in avatar (no homo tho) I wish I could go to the gym but I had to quit due feeling like ***t in the morning and I dont feel like going later. Maybe I will join again at least for the pool and to take some sun but like I said must force myself to go in zombie mode but it was better than rotting all morning inside.

Progesterone

Anyone else noticed masculinizing effects from taking progesterone? Just started taking some like 5 weeks ago and the changes are amazing! Things i got are wider and more prominent jaw, fat deposits on upper eyelid making it look more hooded, harder muscles, wider forehead and a broader skull, stronger libido with very little refractory period, extremely high confidence levels almost like being high or drunk no joke especially in combination with lots of coffee, fat loss on some places especially on the abdomen and the **** area and thicker and straighter eyebrows. The only bad thing i noticed from taking it is very slow beard growth. No changes in hairline or hair growth noticed although i must admit 11-keto is way better for hair related stuff especially the hairline, too potent though makes you grow baby hairs which doesn't look very nice.
It confuses me because those things are exactly what androgens are supposed to do except for the hair. Is it it's antagonism to estrogen or cortisol or maybe both? If so why isn't aspirin or vitamin e so potent like progesterone? Is it its conversion to downstream androgens? I tried other progesterone products in the past with very bad results and the doses were way lower than i'm taking currently. Do you think taking pregnenolone yields similar results? Any advice would be appreciated thanks

Which 11-keto? from haidut?

Please explain and elaborate on 11-keto and hair growth, thx.

meatbag

Yeah I have actual numbers not that much thyroid wise, docs refuse to check anything but TSH and T4 levels. I tested a couple of times for antibodies and they were high then low again

I have been at 9 ish TSH years ago before I was put on euthyrox, at current dose of 75mcg my TSH fluctuates around 4. Im scared to get a dose that's too high and my thyroid stops working naturally. I would like to fix the underlying problem instead of overdosing on euthyrox... but there's not much I can do, docs work like that.

Im going to go to a private clinic to get more complete thyroid lab done including t3, reverse t3, antibodies etc

In the morning i feel like ***t and cold even now in summer, right now im feeling better at 16:20

I did a private bloodwork years ago before i started using topical finasteride and minoxidil and my DHT was 1.42 higher range being 1.00 so above range, I have massive amounts of hair in my legs dark and thick type. The good news is my donor area is abundant so if I need a hair transplant I have plenty of hair on the sides and back of my head

Scalp itch and hairloss go hand in hand for me I believe its mostly high DHT inflammation which goes lower when i appply the foam but still im balding, im going to try dutasteride injections in the scalp as well as continuing the foam to hopefully stop hairloss by total nuke of scalp DHT. I would do PRP too but im not wealthy enough to afford it all at the moment.

More stuff I got checked in this paid private bloodwork was PTH, prolactine, e2.. all within range, test levels within range but I think not ideal. I will try to post the exact numbers later, but this bloodwork is from ages ago anyway. No sides from finasteride tho, still massive erections, intense orgasms, but less amount of cum which I hate and i would like to revert (without giving up on the foam which works for my itch at least, and maybe i would have lost hair faster without it).

I also need to check cortisol curve, glucose levels and anything that you can recommend that would make sense within this massive peak of something when i wake up in the morning.

If I FORCE myself to go out it gets better as I walk and have some sun but I would like to not have to force myself going out feeling like a zombie.

Btw nice arm in avatar (no homo tho) I wish I could go to the gym but I had to quit due feeling like ***t in the morning and I dont feel like going later. Maybe I will join again at least for the pool and to take some sun but like I said must force myself to go in zombie mode but it was better than rotting all morning inside.

Hey not sure if you're in the u.s. but if so you could check out this Feelin' better through biomarkers - SelfTestable

Also I read Peat say that the amount of ejaculate produced corresponds to the amount of androgens so it seems like finasteride definitely did its job -_-

Here's an interesting interview were the meaning of "normal" lab ranges is kinda disscussed; KMUD: Hair Loss, Inflammation and Osteoporosis (2012)

HD: So if men who were suffering from baldness were to have their prolactin blood levels checked, do you think these levels would be higher than normal?

RP: It for sure wouldn’t be likely to be higher than normal, on the current lab standards for normal, because they've increased the upper edge, probably because of so much exposure of the population to estrogens. Estrogen increases the production of prolactin. And estrogen itself terminates the growth of hair, so...

HD: But didn't you say that when they did actual studies for prolactin, or pituitary tumors in which prolactin was elevated, they found like an ideal range for a female and a male? Maybe we can discuss those?

RP: Yes; back in the 70s, after the wave of pituitary tumors resulting from the high estrogen birth control pills, they found that the healthy range for women, on the standard scale of unit, was around 12, somewhere, maybe as high as 15. And for men, it was around 4 to 7. And now, they have raised the upper limit for men to, sometimes they say it's as high as 20, and for women as high as 30. But bald men I’ve talked to who had close to 20, even though they were said to be normal. They all had developing breasts (gynecomastia).

HD: If they had 20, it might have been within the normal range that that laboratory stated, but if they were developing breasts, then they obviously have far too much prolactin for a man to have.

RP: Yes. And fertility is best when a man has 4 to 7.

Danny Roddy also had some info on different labs in his organizing the panic series;
The Male Pattern Baldness Myth (Organizing The Panic)

IWishIWasRich

Hey not sure if you're in the u.s. but if so you could check out this Feelin' better through biomarkers - SelfTestable

Also I read Peat say that the amount of ejaculate produced corresponds to the amount of androgens so it seems like finasteride definitely did its job -_-

Here's an interesting interview were the meaning of "normal" lab ranges is kinda disscussed; KMUD: Hair Loss, Inflammation and Osteoporosis (2012)

HD: So if men who were suffering from baldness were to have their prolactin blood levels checked, do you think these levels would be higher than normal?

RP: It for sure wouldn’t be likely to be higher than normal, on the current lab standards for normal, because they've increased the upper edge, probably because of so much exposure of the population to estrogens. Estrogen increases the production of prolactin. And estrogen itself terminates the growth of hair, so...

HD: But didn't you say that when they did actual studies for prolactin, or pituitary tumors in which prolactin was elevated, they found like an ideal range for a female and a male? Maybe we can discuss those?

RP: Yes; back in the 70s, after the wave of pituitary tumors resulting from the high estrogen birth control pills, they found that the healthy range for women, on the standard scale of unit, was around 12, somewhere, maybe as high as 15. And for men, it was around 4 to 7. And now, they have raised the upper limit for men to, sometimes they say it's as high as 20, and for women as high as 30. But bald men I’ve talked to who had close to 20, even though they were said to be normal. They all had developing breasts (gynecomastia).

HD: If they had 20, it might have been within the normal range that that laboratory stated, but if they were developing breasts, then they obviously have far too much prolactin for a man to have.

RP: Yes. And fertility is best when a man has 4 to 7.

Danny Roddy also had some info on different labs in his organizing the panic series;
The Male Pattern Baldness Myth (Organizing The Panic)

No, my DHT is still high with years of topical finasteride. My beard is thick, my body hair is abundant, my erections are hard, orgasms are intense, and im about to turn 30. There is definitely something else that's going on with the amount of ejaculation. My prolacting and estrogen levels are good. I still have abs, I have no signs of gyno, I have no accumulation of fat on typically high estrogen zones.

My vitamin D is very deficient, I need to start going to the gym again because there is a place there to lay in the sun, but im too tired in the morning and i end up roting at home.

Danny Roddy is delusional and doesn't believe in DHT theory when it's obvious DHT plays a mayor role in balding.

meatbag

No, my DHT is still high with years of topical finasteride. My beard is thick, my body hair is abundant, my erections are hard, orgasms are intense, and im about to turn 30. There is definitely something else that's going on with the amount of ejaculation. My prolacting and estrogen levels are good. I still have abs, I have no signs of gyno, I have no accumulation of fat on typically high estrogen zones.

My vitamin D is very deficient, I need to start going to the gym again because there is a place there to lay in the sun, but im too tired in the morning and i end up roting at home.

Danny Roddy is delusional and doesn't believe in DHT theory when it's obvious DHT plays a mayor role in balding.

You might wanna check out parathyroid hormone (PTH)

Q. Do you have any opinions on ideas as the cause of diffuse thinning hair in a young male? The sides of my hair are thick, and my hairline is unchanged, but there is just an overall general thinning on the top of my head.

Ray Peat said:
Too much phosphate, too little vitamin D, are common causes.
-https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/ray-peat-email-advice-depository.1035/page-22#post-286201

"Parathyroid hormone [suppressed by calcium & vitamin D] inhibited mitochondrial respiration..." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19708982
-Danny Roddy on Twitter

Last edited:

IWishIWasRich

You might wanna check out parathyroid hormone (PTH)

Q. Do you have any opinions on ideas as the cause of diffuse thinning hair in a young male? The sides of my hair are thick, and my hairline is unchanged, but there is just an overall general thinning on the top of my head.

Ray Peat said:
Too much phosphate, too little vitamin D, are common causes.
-https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/ray-peat-email-advice-depository.1035/page-22#post-286201

"Parathyroid hormone [suppressed by calcium & vitamin D] inhibited mitochondrial respiration..." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19708982
-Danny Roddy on Twitter

I have no idea how difuse hairloss works. I have vitamin D deficit for sure, because I never sunbath so it must be all from diet and i suspect its not enough. Last time I had a severe deficit, but i've heard what matters is the 1,25 hidroxy metabolite, NOT the OH25, so be sure to check these 2 markers on bloodworks. Anyone knows if this is legit?

Also about PTH, I had it checked a long time ago, was within normal range. My TSH has always been too high, and im at maximun euthyrox intake of 75mcg, if I keep raising my dose my thyroid will stop working. I would like to fix what is causing this rather than shut down my thyroid with huge doses of t4 (docs only give me euthyrox, so no t3 here)

meatbag

I have no idea how difuse hairloss works. I have vitamin D deficit for sure, because I never sunbath so it must be all from diet and i suspect its not enough. Last time I had a severe deficit, but i've heard what matters is the 1,25 hidroxy metabolite, NOT the OH25, so be sure to check these 2 markers on bloodworks. Anyone knows if this is legit?

Also about PTH, I had it checked a long time ago, was within normal range. My TSH has always been too high, and im at maximun euthyrox intake of 75mcg, if I keep raising my dose my thyroid will stop working. I would like to fix what is causing this rather than shut down my thyroid with huge doses of t4 (docs only give me euthyrox, so no t3 here)

Can you request dessicated thyroid like WP thyroid? I'm pretty sure you're allowed to request approved medications for your condition and the doctor has to comply or refer you to another doctor (at least I've read on here that's the case in the USA)

If they have vitamin D supplements you could try those, I think a lot of people use them topically on the skin to. I read there are special lamps people have used to raise vitamin D, I think tanning beds might help to but obviously have to be careful not to abuse them

Progesterone

Interesting! I just started 100 MG progesterone a week ago to see if it helps with my insomnia (I've had it forever). Anyways, the pills are liquid filled 100MG micronized gels. Do any of you know how much of this actually gets absorbed when taken Orally? Based on your feedback, looks like 100MG is too much for males, eh?

Where did you get those pills?

It seems like many people who have high baseline levels of progesterone also have high DHT levels

Last edited:

Stramonium

It's funny how I started shedding when I introduced Progest-e since one would think it is pro-hair. It scared me a little bit so I reduced the dose. I was taking around 10 mg, now I'm using 3 mg every now and then. Perhaps is too much of a metabolic boost without proper nutrition. It does help a lot with acne and skin health. Still trying to wrap my head (hahaha) around the problem of itching and shedding

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals