High Testosterone, But No Traits

Kunstruct

Cortisol and estrogen could also help give a clearer picture, but it's less likely for them to be high if prolactin is low.

I have to say that this was the case for me a couple of times when I did blood tests, very low prolactin, but high estradiol and high cortisol. Yet I was not suing anything deliberately to lower prolactin.

tankasnowgod

Hi All,

I've somewhat recently discovered this forum and have been reading every night since I found it.
In my quest to optimal health and well being, I decided I would post my first thread.

I'm 24 years old, male. I recently got blood tests from doctor for general checkup, and my testosterone level was ~1150 ng/dL, which he said was actually outside of the normal range for a male (higher).

Problem is, I don't have many traits of what someone I'd imagine with high T would have. I am not hairy, I cant even grow a full beard at 24. Also my voice isn't very low, a lot higher pitch than most people I know to be honest. Finally, my sex drive isn't over the top, it just seems very standard, maybe even on the lower side.

Does anyone know why this could be? I didn't check estrogen, but my prolactin was well within the healthy range for a male, so im assuming estrogen would be fine.

Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think Hans mentioned testing DHT, and that's a good idea. Danny Roddy mentioned a group of men that were deficient in 5-Alpha Reductase, and they seemsed to have a lot of similar symptoms to what you mention, although they were very muscular.

Gone Peating

It would be good to get DHT tested as mentioned already. Cortisol and estrogen could also help give a clearer picture, but it's less likely for them to be high if prolactin is low.
24 is still very young, so you shouldn't be too worried about your beard growth as it can mature and become fuller with age. I personally prefer not being too hairy though, especially on my body and don't see it as a sign of manliness because even guys with low T, high E and cortisol are shown to be very hairy.
Also, people with elevated histamine have generally less body hair than people with low histamine, so you could have elevated histamine perhaps?
Are you sensitive to allergens?
As for the libido, according to what do you measure it? Low to no desire/sex drive or lack of morning wood?
Lusting after women is more related to elevated cortisol and estrogen in the presence of high testosterone, whereas high T with low E and cortisol helps a man with good sex drive, but doesn't have the desire to lust after every woman (so it might come over as low sex drive, but it's just being faithful). A lot of guys actually feel low desire for a one night stand because they rather want a solid relationship. Which is a sign of high T and not low T, but is mistaken by many as low sex drive. This is only because we've been brainwashed to think that "more is better" and that one night stands are the way to go for a high T male.

Very good points. Lusting after others is not a sign of good health. I used to be worried about not lusting enough!

I feel a lot better since overcoming it, and I feel I have a healthier idea about what a marriage should be now

Hans

Forum Supporter
I have to say that this was the case for me a couple of times when I did blood tests, very low prolactin, but high estradiol and high cortisol. Yet I was not suing anything deliberately to lower prolactin.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Were you using anything for dopamine at that time?

Markus

There’s a general idea among men that high androgens are the ultimate panacea, and while having healthy amounts of androgenic hormones is good for a healthy sense of well-being, unless the stress hormones are dealt with first, true well-being won’t be attained.

An anecdote: Mike Tyson. High androgens, strongest boxer, yet high vocal chords. Take Morgan Freeman, little to no muscle mass, yet has a deep, rich voice, showing very little stress.

Mike Tyson rose to the top in a stressful occupation, plagued with controversy and behavioral issues. Morgan Freeman? Stand up guy.

Androgens don’t deal with stress, they mask it. True well-being is in the reduction of the stress response and stress hormones. All of our automated behaviors belie our stressful adaptations. All of our automatic thoughts do the same.

Feeding the body without causing the primary form of stress, digestive stress, is the crucial objective that must be achieved to reach well-being.
Brilliant!

OP
R

rr1

It would be good to get DHT tested as mentioned already. Cortisol and estrogen could also help give a clearer picture, but it's less likely for them to be high if prolactin is low.
24 is still very young, so you shouldn't be too worried about your beard growth as it can mature and become fuller with age. I personally prefer not being too hairy though, especially on my body and don't see it as a sign of manliness because even guys with low T, high E and cortisol are shown to be very hairy.
Also, people with elevated histamine have generally less body hair than people with low histamine, so you could have elevated histamine perhaps?
Are you sensitive to allergens?
As for the libido, according to what do you measure it? Low to no desire/sex drive or lack of morning wood?
Lusting after women is more related to elevated cortisol and estrogen in the presence of high testosterone, whereas high T with low E and cortisol helps a man with good sex drive, but doesn't have the desire to lust after every woman (so it might come over as low sex drive, but it's just being faithful). A lot of guys actually feel low desire for a one night stand because they rather want a solid relationship. Which is a sign of high T and not low T, but is mistaken by many as low sex drive. This is only because we've been brainwashed to think that "more is better" and that one night stands are the way to go for a high T male.
Hi mate,

Thanks for this post. Yes I am very sensitive to allergens, I didn't know that connection, but I will look further into it.

Also regarding sex drive, I am exactly as you mentioned. I have a good sex drive, always have morning wood, but I would definitely rather a solid relationship. I guess that is why I can't relate to my friends who look at photos of girls all day and lust after every single one of them, but all this time I just thought this was just because I had a low sex drive compared to them.

All of this is very interesting to me, would you have any more resources, or possibly books, where I could read more about the signs of high T, such as feeling a lower desire for a one night stand and more for a solid relationship as you mentioned.

Thanks!

K

Kratos

Unfortunately in some men they have high levels of testosterone but their androgen receptors are just not sensitive or they don’t have much and they’ll never get normal benefits like other men. It’s difficult but make the most with what you have.

T

TheBeard

Hi All,

I've somewhat recently discovered this forum and have been reading every night since I found it.
In my quest to optimal health and well being, I decided I would post my first thread.

I'm 24 years old, male. I recently got blood tests from doctor for general checkup, and my testosterone level was ~1150 ng/dL, which he said was actually outside of the normal range for a male (higher).

Problem is, I don't have many traits of what someone I'd imagine with high T would have. I am not hairy, I cant even grow a full beard at 24. Also my voice isn't very low, a lot higher pitch than most people I know to be honest. Finally, my sex drive isn't over the top, it just seems very standard, maybe even on the lower side.

Does anyone know why this could be? I didn't check estrogen, but my prolactin was well within the healthy range for a male, so im assuming estrogen would be fine.

Is your belly bloated?
Do you have brain fog?
How is your digestion?
How are your liver values?

OP
R

rr1

Is your belly bloated?
Do you have brain fog?
How is your digestion?
I have none of these.

Unfortunately in some men they have high levels of testosterone but their androgen receptors are just not sensitive or they don’t have much and they’ll never get normal benefits like other men. It’s difficult but make the most with what you have.
I have started going to the gym for 2 months, and put on what I think is a significant amount of muscle mass. Would this be possible with insensitive androgen receptors?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hi mate,

Thanks for this post. Yes I am very sensitive to allergens, I didn't know that connection, but I will look further into it.

Also regarding sex drive, I am exactly as you mentioned. I have a good sex drive, always have morning wood, but I would definitely rather a solid relationship. I guess that is why I can't relate to my friends who look at photos of girls all day and lust after every single one of them, but all this time I just thought this was just because I had a low sex drive compared to them.

All of this is very interesting to me, would you have any more resources, or possibly books, where I could read more about the signs of high T, such as feeling a lower desire for a one night stand and more for a solid relationship as you mentioned.

Thanks!
Glad you found it helpful. I'm writing an article on how high testosterone feels, but will not elaborate on the relationship/lusting topic. For further readings on that subject, I don't know of any books or blogs, sorry.

ebs

Glad you found it helpful. I'm writing an article on how high testosterone feels, but will not elaborate on the relationship/lusting topic. For further readings on that subject, I don't know of any books or blogs, sorry.

What happened to your website?

golder

Is your belly bloated?
Do you have brain fog?
How is your digestion?

I literally have all of these, Beard. Any chance you could lend me some of your expertise in what has worked for you in addressing these? Thanks so much.

success23

This. Maybe you need more cAMP upregulate the receptors.

Visual

Hi All,

To start with, that isn't high. While there has never been an agreed standard, USA and internationally it has typically been about 350-1150. Lower ranges on labs in recent years reflect political/sociological influences, not good science. [ For that matter, many medical papers are anti-hormone but not from good science ... but that is another issue ]

To put these 'ranges' in perspective: I've tested in range for many years (Mean 450, Median 460) yet they find I've get osteoporosis in every bone they look at. Not just DEXA scans be even MRIs and dental X-rays. The diagnosed reason is hypogonadism. Labs say one thing. Symptoms say another. [ Regulators and bean-counters have docs scared to look at symptoms. Good clinical diagnosticians are being punished and newly trained docs are warned not to 'stray' ... but again another topic ]

My Urologist said he has a patient in 30s with 1300 ng/dL but no discernible problems with it.

Also, one cannot equate beard and body hair to testosterone. Although there are tendencies, in the end genetics win.

You could test your E2 level which might be helpful. But there are also variations in Androgen Receptor sensitivities. One will see high T number with additional CAG repeats as well as some mild androgen insensitivity problems.

Unless you have real problems, don't worry. Hope this helps

T

TheBeard

I literally have all of these, Beard. Any chance you could lend me some of your expertise in what has worked for you in addressing these? Thanks so much.

Nothing that took me back to my old self yet, however antibiotics helped tremendously, which points me towards me having SIBO among other things.
Cleaning my liver with the liver flush protocole has helped too given the amount of gunk accumulated in it: bacteria overgrowth and parasites release a ton of acetaldehyde which gave me the liver of an alcoholic although I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since 2017.

golder

Wishing you well on the recovery road mate. What’s the liver cleanse? I’d like to give it a go. I can barely store glycogen after the years of metabolic damage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals