Yes, absolutely. We just can't advertise it for oral use due to legal reasons.

Which version would be more bioavailable for my rat, tocopherol or sfa esters? I want to switch administration methods a bit with rat and see if anything changes in it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Which version would be more bioavailable for my rat, tocopherol or sfa esters? I want to switch administration methods a bit with rat and see if anything changes in it.

As I mentioned before, SFA esters seems to work better topically but some users find no difference between the two versions.

As I mentioned before, SFA esters seems to work better topically but some users find no difference between the two versions.

My bad, I meant to put oral administration in my original post and forgot. Which would be more bioavailable orally, sfa esters or tocopherol? For my rat of course

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My bad, I meant to put oral administration in my original post and forgot. Which would be more bioavailable orally, sfa esters or tocopherol? For my rat of course

I can't discuss oral use. People on this thread report liking more the tocopherol version.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

shine

Hello everyone, I am new here, first post on this forum.

I wanted to ask if combining 2.5mg of DHEA with 1mg of Androsterone applied topically is a good combination for my rat?
My rat also takes 30-45mg of pregnenolone orally (prescribed by doctor, he had a PREG-S deficiency, also low, almost deficient T, low-mid DHT, above average E2, LH and FSH). The above average LH/FSH combined with low T could be an indicator of primary hypogonadism, correct?. So application on the scrotum might be the rats best option, right?
The rat has been very fatigued for the last 3 years and managed to get a lot better due to the pregnenolone, dietary changes and supplements/immune boosters, but still feels like there is something missing. Recovery after physical exertion is still slow, and he thinks that is due to the low levels of T.

vulture

Hello everyone, I am new here, first post on this forum.

I wanted to ask if combining 2.5mg of DHEA with 1mg of Androsterone applied topically is a good combination for my rat?
My rat also takes 30-45mg of pregnenolone orally (prescribed by doctor, he had a PREG-S deficiency, also low, almost deficient T, low-mid DHT, above average E2, LH and FSH). The above average LH/FSH combined with low T could be an indicator of primary hypogonadism, correct?. So application on the scrotum might be the rats best option, right?
The rat has been very fatigued for the last 3 years and managed to get a lot better due to the pregnenolone, dietary changes and supplements/immune boosters, but still feels like there is something missing. Recovery after physical exertion is still slow, and he thinks that is due to the low levels of T.
AFAIK high LH and low T usually points to a testicle that's not meeting demand to produce T.
Do you have varicoceles? any trauma to testicles?
How's your diet?
I would try to get a good diet (Peating), reducing stress, getting enough sun light and see how it affects you in 6 months and 12 months. If nothing seems to work, you might need tu supplement the T that your testicles aren't producing, maybe scrotally would be an interesting path.
I don't know how low dose DHEA and Andro on scrotum would affect your rat, you would need to perform labs before and after without changing too much things, and please share them with us

shine

@vulture My testicles look and feel fine, the left one is a little smaller but that's how it always has been and the difference isn't really noticeable. No varicoceles, no trauma.

My daily diet consists of mostly:

- salads (lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh+dried herbs)
- 3 eggs, from the local farmers' market, dark orange egg yolks
- whey protein 60-80g
- selfmade bread (wholegrain sorghum, wholegrain spelt mix)
- a handful of nuts (macadamias, pistachios, walnuts, brazil nuts)
- some goat cheese, butter, olive oil, avocado oil, black cumin seed oil

I also do intermittent fasting with a 16 hour fasting and 8 hour eating window. But since this thread isn't about diet, I don't want to go into more detail about it. I have been changing up my diet for years and what I am doing now seems to work best for me.

I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 3 years ago, I was bedridden almost 2 of these years, had to take a lot of antibiotics and antiviral medication.
My cortisol levels were super low so a doctor put me on cortisone which I am still struggling with to taper off. I think that has a lot to do with the reduced T production. At this point in time the dose is very low, but it still takes weeks and months to adapt to lowering the dose even more. I read a lot on this forum about reversing hypogonadism and kind of reactivating gonadal function by applying the precursors like pregnenolone and DHEA directly to the scrotum and by doing that taking stress away from the adrenals so this is why I asked.

As I said I am a lot better, for example I am able to do HIIT for 20 minutes or hiking in demanding terrain for 4 hours, but recovery rate is very slow.

(speaking for my rat)

shine

For the past week I have been reading many of Ray Peat's articles and all I can say is wow. Reading RP is as paradigm shattering as taking a psychedelic drug.
Seems like I have poisoned myself for a very long time, thinking I would be doing good things to myself (Fish oil, PUFAs, tryptophan supplements etc.).
This week I added collagen/gelatin to my diet, replaced 50% of the whey protein with it, and oh boy, does that make a difference. Also added high dose thiamine and stopped taking Carnitine, which blocks thyroid hormones from working in tissues.

@haidut
I changed a lot of stuff and also introduced the andro into my system, but I can filter the andro effects out very clearly, here are my experiences so far with 1-2 drops/day applied on wrists or chest (applying on wrists seems to have a more pronounced effect):

- huge water loss (only happened on the first two days, had to pee like a horse), I look harder and leaner now
- deeper voice
- pep in my step, typical confident type of walking, better posture, shoulders back, chest out
- GABAergic relaxation, on one day some baking paper caught fire and my roommates were freaking out, I was incredibly calm and put the burning paper in the kitchen sink, people made comments about how well and relaxed I handled that (I know, nothing special, but definitely noticed a difference in that situation)
- slight reduction of chest fat, I didn't have a lot to begin with but it is looking better now
- I was at a friends birthday party and when I walked in, two girls immediately made comments about my musky smell from a few meters away and were eager to hug me and say hi. People seemed more relaxed around me, but maybe that was just my own perception because of the GABAergic effects.
- slight increase of temperature, extremities feeling warmer (~98.6°F)
- slight reduction in libido, like I don't think about sexual activity a lot, but am definitely ready to go physically.. I associate that with a kind of alpha-mindset, a non-neediness.

I will keep testing the androsterone and also plan on trying the Pansterone soon.

(my roid-raging rat forced me to write this post)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
For the past week I have been reading many of Ray Peat's articles and all I can say is wow. Reading RP is as paradigm shattering as taking a psychedelic drug.
Seems like I have poisoned myself for a very long time, thinking I would be doing good things to myself (Fish oil, PUFAs, tryptophan supplements etc.).
This week I added collagen/gelatin to my diet, replaced 50% of the whey protein with it, and oh boy, does that make a difference. Also added high dose thiamine and stopped taking Carnitine, which blocks thyroid hormones from working in tissues.

@haidut
I changed a lot of stuff and also introduced the andro into my system, but I can filter the andro effects out very clearly, here are my experiences so far with 1-2 drops/day applied on wrists or chest (applying on wrists seems to have a more pronounced effect):

- huge water loss (only happened on the first two days, had to pee like a horse), I look harder and leaner now
- deeper voice
- pep in my step, typical confident type of walking, better posture, shoulders back, chest out
- GABAergic relaxation, on one day some baking paper caught fire and my roommates were freaking out, I was incredibly calm and put the burning paper in the kitchen sink, people made comments about how well and relaxed I handled that (I know, nothing special, but definitely noticed a difference in that situation)
- slight reduction of chest fat, I didn't have a lot to begin with but it is looking better now
- I was at a friends birthday party and when I walked in, two girls immediately made comments about my musky smell from a few meters away and were eager to hug me and say hi. People seemed more relaxed around me, but maybe that was just my own perception because of the GABAergic effects.
- slight increase of temperature, extremities feeling warmer (~98.6°F)
- slight reduction in libido, like I don't think about sexual activity a lot, but am definitely ready to go physically.. I associate that with a kind of alpha-mindset, a non-neediness.

I will keep testing the androsterone and also plan on trying the Pansterone soon.

(my roid-raging rat forced me to write this post)

Great, thanks for sharing! Is it the SFA or tocopherol version?

Cameron

How is this for androgen related hair growth? Will it increase follicles sensitivity to androgens still trying to hack beard growth got all these baby hairs trying to convert them to androgenic thick facial hairs @haidut

Cameron

There has to be some androgen or metabolite higher in bearded men that we could supplement to achieve a more lumberjacked face. Or is this estrogen related more or less excreting androgens instead of using them ?

shine

There has to be some androgen or metabolite higher in bearded men that we could supplement to achieve a more lumberjacked face. Or is this estrogen related more or less excreting androgens instead of using them ?

My beard is growing noticeably faster since taking the androsterone. I have a full-beard and have to shave my neck every 2 days now instead of 3-4. I also introduced collagen into my diet at the same time, so that probably amplifies the growth.
I always had relatively (not quantitatively) higher DHT than T and always had strong beard growth, so raising 5-alpha-reduced androgens might work for you.

Cameron

My beard is growing noticeably faster since taking the androsterone. I have a full-beard and have to shave my neck every 2 days now instead of 3-4. I also introduced collagen into my diet at the same time, so that probably amplifies the growth.
I always had relatively (not quantitatively) higher DHT than T and always had strong beard growth, so raising 5-alpha-reduced androgens might work for you.
Yeah I had higher T then dht on my last test. Dht was at 400. Maybe the ratios have a lot to do with it that’s awesome though. What combo of steroids have you liked the best or is it just androsterone?

shine

Yeah I had higher T then dht on my last test. Dht was at 400. Maybe the ratios have a lot to do with it that’s awesome though. What combo of steroids have you liked the best or is it just androsterone?

Today was my first day with Pansterone (which in theory should work really well with andro), but I will test it for atleast a week before I post anything about its effects.

Cameron

@haidut is it true adults only produce about .1mg of dht a day? Why do a lot of research I’ve seen say it’s 20 to 25mg of dht used a day? Or does the body actually produce more then that seems guys become more androgenic as they get older and younger mean seem to run more anabolic. I’ve also heard 5ar increases with age but dht and test can become lower with age with poor diet environment stress etc.

Wagner83

@haidut is it true adults only produce about .1mg of dht a day? Why do a lot of research I’ve seen say it’s 20 to 25mg of dht used a day? Or does the body actually produce more then that seems guys become more androgenic as they get older and younger mean seem to run more anabolic. I’ve also heard 5ar increases with age but dht and test can become lower with age with poor diet environment stress etc.
He posted his point of view here:
In What Tissues Is DHT Primarily Synthesized?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals