Androsterone’s correlation to 5-AR

Cameron

High levels of androsterone in males correlate with higher overall 5-AR activity as well as DHEA..
“Androsterone: A DHEA metabolite derived from androstenedione via the activity of 5AR followed by 3α-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (3α-HSD), and therefore useful for monitoring 5AR. If androsterone is high in relation to etiocholanolone, 5AR activity may be elevated, resulting in increased conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (5α-DHT).”

“5α-DHT is ~3 times more powerful than testosterone and unlike testosterone, cannot be aromatized to estradiol. Thus, excess 5AR is associated with male pattern baldness. Excessive DHEA supplementation (>50 mg/day in males) is a possible cause of high androsterone levels. However, if androsterone is low in relation to etiocholanolone in men, then 5AR activity may be low as well, resulting in insufficient production of 3β-adiol (thus increasing prostate cancer risk) and leaving more testosterone to be aromatized to estradiol.”

The Reference Range for androsterone is 2000 to 5000μg/24 hr in men.

“In men, as noted above, DHEA is a 5AR agonist, thus promoting conversion of testosterone to DHT, and has also been shown to exert anti-atherogenic effects; higher serum levels of DHEA-S correlate inversely with carotid artery intima-media thickness, plaque and blood flow volume.94

The Reference Range for DHEA is 100 – 2000 μg/24hr.

scoobydoo

I personally got my DHT levels above reference range with a mix of k2, Pansterone, and androsterone and have noticed that my hairline is definitely receding at a faster rate. However I have made the decision to never go on finasteride due to the potential issues with cognition and libido.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

I personally got my DHT levels above reference range with a mix of k2, Pansterone, and androsterone and have noticed that my hairline is definitely receding at a faster rate. However I have made the decision to never go on finasteride due to the potential issues with cognition and libido.
I’m doing k2 t3 8mcg and androsterone. Energy and performance in and out of gym is good, haven’t checked my dht or bloods in awhile but last time I did I was (k2 and diet only.) shbg was high, testosterone upper 700s, but low free androgen index. Hoping androsterone will give a boost in the right direction for better free androgen activity.

scoobydoo

I’m doing k2 t3 8mcg and androsterone. Energy and performance in and out of gym is good, haven’t checked my dht or bloods in awhile but last time I did I was (k2 and diet only.) shbg was high, testosterone upper 700s, but low free androgen index. Hoping androsterone will give a boost in the right direction for better free androgen activity.
Do you know what DHT, prolactin or estradiol were at??

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Do you know what DHT, prolactin or estradiol were at??
Last time I checked dht was at 400 on the dot. And no prolactin or estrogen on that one but any test I’ve done those have usually been dead in “range” never really high. Been a few years of metabolic eating since I checked that dht though. Used to chronic Intermittent fast but always had a “peaty” diet last 5 years. Testosterone has continued to slowly increase in my 20s not decrease :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals