Androsterone - A Potent Steroidal Aromatase Inhibitor

Texon

I am not interested in hCG in any shape or form. Even less interested in offering injectable products. The goal of our products it optimize health, not cater to the weight lifting market. Given that hCG is a biomarker for a number of cancers, especially in males, this latest craze of increasing its levels are similar to the HGH fiasco, which is not starting to unfold with some many of the athletes that abused it developing cancer, CVD, and blood clotting issues.
Google for "hCG cancer biomarker" if you want to learn more.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to promote it. It was just an interesting comment from a guy who seems do be doing well with his trt protocol. I agree extreme caution is always a good thing, even with otc's, herbs, etc.

Makrosky

@haidut,

How long do you think the aromatase inhibition from androsterone lasts after you have dosed it?

If one would like to combine Androsterone with Pansterone, can they be taken at different times of the day or even ever other day ? Does this make sense ?

Thanks

schultz

@haidut,

How long do you think the aromatase inhibition from androsterone lasts after you have dosed it?

If one would like to combine Androsterone with Pansterone, can they be taken at different times of the day or even ever other day ? Does this make sense ?

Thanks

Good question! I use Androsterone and Pansterone in the morning and find I need another dose of Androsterone later in the day to avoid certain estrogenic effects. This schedule has been working quite well for me. So I take about 5mg DHEA + Pregnenelone and 10mg of Androsterone each day. It gives me a nice little boost!

Makrosky

Good question! I use Androsterone and Pansterone in the morning and find I need another dose of Androsterone later in the day to avoid certain estrogenic effects. This schedule has been working quite well for me. So I take about 5mg DHEA + Pregnenelone and 10mg of Androsterone each day. It gives me a nice little boost!
Thanks schultz! Noted. Which estrogenic effects do you notice btw?

And another thing that came to my mind... If one keeps taking the pans+andro combo.... So the tissues get slowly saturated with those... Think of it like filling the gas tank. What happens when you stop the andro? Your body has much more reserves of DHEA to convert it to estrogen so it could be even worst. Or it doesn't work like that??? I hope not.

Makrosky

Btw @schultz when I was taking pansterone on its own at one point I was always "red faced" you know the kind of color some people get when they drink alcohol and specially red wine. Can that be considered estrogen symptoms?

schultz

Thanks schultz! Noted. Which estrogenic effects do you notice btw?

My nipple area gets puffy. It doesn't happen if I take the Androsterone twice a day.

Or it doesn't work like that??? I hope not.

I don't know, but I hope not as well!

Btw @schultz when I was taking pansterone on its own at one point I was always "red faced" you know the kind of color some people get when they drink alcohol and specially red wine. Can that be considered estrogen symptoms?

I feel as though that is an estrogen thing. Someone else may need to chime in though.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut,

Thanks

If only androsterone is used then the inhbition can probably last a few days. But if Pansterone is used in a person who has tendency to higher aromatase activity then I would take androsterone every day, preferably at the time Pansterone is taken but a few hours difference between the two should not matter.

ddjd

The study is about exemestane, which is very similar to androsterone. I posted it to show that you don't need mega dosing with steroid AI to get the desired effect. It said that 2.5mg exemestane is just as effective as the higher doses, not more effective. I am suggesting it is better to use low dose as it avoids the bad sides such as loss of libido and joint pain and mood disorders.
similar in its chemical structure or just in its effects?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
similar in its chemical structure or just in its effects?

Both, as they are both steroidal aromatase inhibitors and both are based on the androstane skeleton.

Cameron

@haidut @Salmonamb Will androsterone increase androgenic beard body hair growth used solo? Does it activate local ar receptors in the skin can’t find any studies on that would love to try a low dose to increase androgenic related hair growth on the body

Cameron

I have lots of hair it’s just thin and sparse at 25 but 669 test and normal range of all else from doc :/

Hans

Forum Supporter
@haidut @Salmonamb Will androsterone increase androgenic beard body hair growth used solo? Does it activate local ar receptors in the skin can’t find any studies on that would love to try a low dose to increase androgenic related hair growth on the body
I think I did experience a little bit extra growth and density. Definitely did experience an increase in body hair on chest and increased nail growth.

Cameron

I think I did experience a little bit extra growth and density. Definitely did experience an increase in body hair on chest and increased nail growth.
Love your site btw man! Have you used androsterone alone or with other steroids? Lots of interesting stuff with this androgen hope it is actually beneficial to supplement with in low dose. Oh and what dose per day do you like?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Love your site btw man! Have you used androsterone alone or with other steroids? Lots of interesting stuff with this androgen hope it is actually beneficial to supplement with in low dose. Oh and what dose per day do you like?
Thanks for the positive feedback man. I used 2mg daily on its own. I definitely liked the effect and there are lots of benefits. I used it about 3 months ago, but I'm considering using it again in the near future to experiment with higher dose.

Ulysses

But androsterone is one of the end products of the steroid conversion pathways, so why would it inhibit the conversion of testosterone to estradiol?

And, if one were to omit androsterone from the three-part cocktail you're proposing, and take only preg+prog, would you still use 2-3 mg of each, or would it affect the doses?

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
so why would it inhibit the conversion of testosterone to estradiol?

I don't know for sure why but 5-AR derived steroids are typically aromatase inhibitors. It has been confirmed for androsterone, DHT, androstanedione, 5a-DHP, etc. I guess it is a fundamental antagonism of saturated vs unsaturated chemicals. Btw, even DHEA inhibits aromatase in lower doses, so androsterone's AI effects (being almost the exact same molecule) should not come as a surprise.
Unsaturation = Estrogenic, Saturation = Androgenic
Low-dose DHEA Inhibits Aromatase By 35% And Endotoxin Blocks That Effect

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals