7-keto DHEA: What you need to know (fat loss, thyroid, androgens, etc.)

Peater

Just cortisol. I haven't seen any evidence that it's dopaminergic or that it lowers estrogen or prolactin. If used orally, it doesn't seem to affect hormones (at least the ones they tested).
Thank you Sir!

Soren

Forum Supporter
Hey Han's just started the full stack as seen in your article. Any recommendation with regards to androsterone dose or cycling on and off?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hey Han's just started the full stack as seen in your article. Any recommendation with regards to androsterone dose or cycling on and off?
Androsterone at about 5mg daily should be good, but it depends on how you respond. No need to cycle.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Update on this stack. This has to be one of the best stacks I've ever done for overall calmness, strength and energy. I feel great on this combo, already dropping weight and I just feel calm and energized in general. I've been using Cortinon + topically twice per day for 10mg of DHEA once in the morning and once in the evening. 6mg per day of T3, 4mg of T4. Usually thyroid gives me signs of reverse T3 heart palpitations etc but not with this stack feel great.

One thing I have noticed is that my lips tend to get very dry with this stack. Any idea why that might be?

Overall though fantastic!

Mauritio

Update on this stack. This has to be one of the best stacks I've ever done for overall calmness, strength and energy. I feel great on this combo, already dropping weight and I just feel calm and energized in general. I've been using Cortinon + topically twice per day for 10mg of DHEA once in the morning and once in the evening. 6mg per day of T3, 4mg of T4. Usually thyroid gives me signs of reverse T3 heart palpitations etc but not with this stack feel great.

One thing I have noticed is that my lips tend to get very dry with this stack. Any idea why that might be?

Overall though fantastic!
So no 7-keto DHEA?
For me dry lips are caused by low vitamin b2.

Soren

Forum Supporter
So no 7-keto DHEA?
For me dry lips are caused by low vitamin b2.

Am taking the stack with 7 keto DHEA 100mg twice daily. Might be the low vitamin B2 i've been out of my B vitamin supplement for a while.

Mauritio

@Hans do you know if 7keto has to be taken with fat for better absorption?

Mauritio

Interestingly there's a thing 7keto can do which thyroid hormone cant:

"Cytosolic G-3-P dehydrogenase also increased in response to feeding 7-oxo-DHEA as it does to DHEA (7, 34). Interestingly, thyroid hormone has no effect on this soluble enzyme (11, 35). The increased activity of mitochondrial G-3-P DH induced by 7-oxo-DHEA (9, 18) permits an increase in the measured activity of the G-3-
P shuttle (Table I) in a system reconstituted as described by others (29, 30)."

And that shuttle helps regenerate NAD, which is great.

Mauritio

Soren

Forum Supporter
Update on my use of 7-keto-DHEA along with DHEA, t3, androsterone and progesterone. It has been going great so far lots of energy and definitely increased fat loss but there are a few issues that I need to work out.

Firstly I think that taking it everyday was lowering my stress hormones too much that which I could tell after I started getting some bad aches and pains in my joints and muscles. For me this is a sign that my cortisol is too low. This may have been due to the fact I was taking about 80mg of progesterone a day along with the 10mg of DHEA.

Also had an issue where my lips would get very dry which @Mauritio said could be caused by low vitamin B2 so i will try to get that back into my diet.

Due to the aches and feeling of low cortisol I am going to be changing the dosing of this protocol to every other day.

Mauritio

Update on my use of 7-keto-DHEA along with DHEA, t3, androsterone and progesterone. It has been going great so far lots of energy and definitely increased fat loss but there are a few issues that I need to work out.

Firstly I think that taking it everyday was lowering my stress hormones too much that which I could tell after I started getting some bad aches and pains in my joints and muscles. For me this is a sign that my cortisol is too low. This may have been due to the fact I was taking about 80mg of progesterone a day along with the 10mg of DHEA.

Also had an issue where my lips would get very dry which @Mauritio said could be caused by low vitamin B2 so i will try to get that back into my diet.

Due to the aches and feeling of low cortisol I am going to be changing the dosing of this protocol to every other day.
How much 7keto are you taking ?

I had dry lips the last 2 days. Took some b2 yesterday, today no more dry lips.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

Are you having milk and organ meat in your diet? Milk, liver and kidney are the best sources of B2.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Are you having milk and organ meat in your diet? Milk, liver and kidney are the best sources of B2.
Lots of milk no liver or kidney at the moment. I used to eat a lot of liver but I ate too much combined with too much shilajit and vitamin E and it resulted in a situation where whenever I ate any food I would get a debilitating buildup of saliva to the point where I would throw up sometimes. Took me about a year to fully get rid of it. Liver was one of the worst triggers of it.

After doing lots of research I figured out that it was due to excess choline that my body was failing to breakdown. Certain things such as thyroid, progesterone and ironically this combo stack of androsterone, dhea, t3 and progesterone have greatly reduced it. But I am very weary to start eating liver again because of the problems it caused me.

Literally got to the point where I'd have a few liver capsules and the whole day I would be gagging from excess saliva build up or I would just throw up the liver.

7-keto DHEA can metabolize into arimistane (androst-3,5-diene-7,17-dione), which is an aromatase inhibitor:

That said, I am also using it for a few days now to kick off my fat loss in the right direction. Need a good appetite suppressant and fat burner because it's quite difficult for me to be consistent diet-wise due to all these estrogen-fueled cravings.

So far mid-section seems to be getting a bit tighter and I'm eating less garbage overall which is good.

Couple more things I noticed:

1) Burns through hairline as fiercely as it does through fat
2) Definitely affects hormones in some way - my nipples are less sensitive and flatter (less gyno), works better than Raloxifene. (either this or the Copper I'm also taking but I doubt)
3) Chest tightness and hard to breathe during physical activity - like someone sitting on my chest, but fine during other parts of the day. This is the only somewhat worrying thing

Soren

Forum Supporter
How much 7keto are you taking ?

I had dry lips the last 2 days. Took some b2 yesterday, today no more dry lips.
By the way started taking energin b vitamin complex and dry lips gone.

Mauritio

By the way started taking energin b vitamin complex and dry lips gone.
Great. Works everytime for me.

Btw 7keto definitely did something to my gut i think it cleaned something out. I think it also caused constipation. That's why I stopped .
For me it actually reduced hair loss and made my face and hair look really soft and young .
I'll definitely try it again !

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals