Need help - Progesterone caused hair loss process to begin ? One tiny dose of DHEA (2mg) made it a lot worse ?

DeadCatBounce

Need help as I am a bit confused here and don't know what to do.

I am a 35yo male, been with full head of hair my whole life and super healthy, never issues whatsoever. My thyroid is working properly, TSH is below 1 and all hormones in range with lowish E.

About a month ago I decided to try oral progesterone 100mgs(Utrogestan) for 3-4 days as suggested by some members to "clean" any excess estrogen and for beauty reasons. Also from what I understand this is the method used to make one tolerate smallish doses 3-10mgs(Progest-E) later on without the "stress" effect (anxiety, irritability etc). The plan was to continue taking 1-3mgs Progesten-E for anti aging.

Now the issue is this - since the initial 4 days my hair started to fall a tiny bit (usually there is 0 hairs after I shower and comb it), sometimes there may be 1-2 hairs but very rarely usually because I am too rough. After those 4 days there were 4-5-6 hairs but the benefits were amazing( especially sleep, mood and skin) and decided to continue for another 7-8 days - very smallish 3-9mg doses of progesterone. The last time I took Progesterone it was with only 2mg DHEA ( 15th of June ) (ordered the 1:3 ratio and added enough progesterone to get to 1:10 (2mg DHEA , 20mg Prog). I made a separate thread for this : Progesterone + DHEA = massive hairloss ? What the hell ?

The moment the massive shedding started on the next day 16th of June I just stopped and never touched any hormones. The problem is the shedding continues 3 weeks later with today being absolutely terrible and decided to ask you guys what you think,

Each time I comb - about 20+ hairs fall out, whole day there are hairs all around me. Every time I run my hand on my hair I got 3-4-5 hairs falling out. The hair that is on my head is looking healthy though, it is just that it does not want to stay on.

My question is this - what could have gone wrong ? And is there anything I can do about it ? As I am really starting to worry I initiated a process that might not stop and I can go bald. The process from my observation started slightly with Progesterone but got really bad once DHEA entered my system. Like I got chemotherapy or something from only 2mg of oral DHEA... wonder how is that possible - such a small dose - such a big effect.

Normally I do not take any supplements as I am healthy and I know from experience normally supplements are usually problematic and I need to use them only acutely to fix some deficiency. I took Thiamine 100mgs at the same time I started the progesterone with two doses of Benfotiamine 150ms before I found really clean Thiamine. Those are the only two things that I changed from my long term schedule for the past several years. Read thiamine can cause hair shedding for some people. So I stopped it too and haven't taken any since 15th of June. But the hair shedding is not responding to the stopping of Prog/DHEA/b1 .

Took some measures - stopped shampooing the hair more than 2 times a week and some really gentle massages to help blood flow. The shampoo I use is really gentle without the usual suspects of bad chemicals. Also now I use distilled carbonated water on hair after showering to remove any chemicals or mineral residue from the shower. Stopped coffee and added sugar as well ( I suspected they might be causing inflamation or rise on cortisol ). Diet is on point - good amount of raw milk (1-2 liters), OJ, some whole fruit, eggs, calf liver, non fatty fish, collagen and gelatin(lots) and small amount of muscle meat and magnesium bicarbonate. Almost daily sun bathing in the morning.

Any ideas or thoughts what is going on and what can be done ? Anyone got similar issue and if yes - how long did it take for the shedding to stop ?

Last edited:

JamesGatz

In my view it's estrogen-related.

I believe DHT will stop you from any hair loss and get you on the path of regrowth even though that statement will probably get the hair loss guys on here screeching

10/10 times wheneever I lost a few strands was always when my estrogen and/or stress hormones were high - in your case, taking DHEA is prob converting to estrogen and if you are taking too much progesrerone you are probably crashing your androgens as well -

As per the solution - I would stop these 2 supplements for now and focus on keeping your dopamine/androgens high and your hair will heal 100% - sipping on coca-cola works wonders and tie a loose head covering on your scalp to increase CO2 for the scalp, lower serotonin/estrogen and take things that chill you out and your hair will be back in no time

Hair loss is completely reversible and there is no process to be started - if this shedding is persisting it's not a good sign but luckily completely reversible

OP
DeadCatBounce

DeadCatBounce

I believe DHT will stop you from any hair loss and get you on the path of regrowth even though that statement will probably get the hair loss guys on here screeching

10/10 times wheneever I lost a few strands was always when my estrogen and/or stress hormones were high - in your case, taking DHEA is prob converting to estrogen and if you are taking too much progesrerone you are probably crashing your androgens as well -

As per the solution - I would stop these 2 supplements for now and focus on keeping your dopamine/androgens high and your hair will heal 100% - sipping on coca-cola works wonders and tie a loose head covering on your scalp to increase CO2 for the scalp, lower serotonin/estrogen and take things that chill you out and your hair will be back in no time

Hair loss is completely reversible and there is no process to be started - if this shedding is persisting it's not a good sign but luckily completely reversible
Thanks for the response.

Bought a dozen coca cola cans.

Would a plastic bath cap work ? My SO has several spare ones. They fit me a bit loose.

Regarding DHT stopping hair loss making people screech - I got the best hair on very high androgens too. If this is you on the picture - got pretty much the same hair style (for now, hopefully I don't lose it).

JamesGatz

Thanks for the response.

Bought a dozen coca cola cans.

Would a plastic bath cap work ? My SO has several spare ones. They fit me a bit loose.

Regarding DHT stopping hair loss making people screech - I got the best hair on very high androgens too. If this is you on the picture - got pretty much the same hair style (for now, hopefully I don't lose it).
If it's plastic it might make it worse because plastic material tends to increase estrogen

A loose cotton hat would work but if not do you have a 100% cotton t shirt ?

You can turn one into a bandana just by cutting a huge square off of it - I wear cotton bandanas these days because I don't find hats that fit me well

If you like the feeling of coke and/or cotton headwear then I would say wool is definitely worthwhile as well - it has the strongest effects on preserving my androgens and in my view very protective of hair - I changed all my bedding to wool and in the fall/winter thats all I wear

johnwester130

Have you ever seen someone regrow hair with DHT?

This is the only website I have ever found that promotes DHT as a treatment for prostate issues or any health problem

CastorTroy

Why didn't you use pregnenolone for that? Is a much safer general approach than progesterone or dhea.

Pedigree

OP
DeadCatBounce

DeadCatBounce

Yeah I know it sucks. But decided that for 4 days only won't be a major problem. Then moved to Progest-e. Also it is a gel capsule - spit the outer layer each time which is the one containing the titaniun dioxide and most of the bad stuff. Just swalloed the sunflower oil and Prog which was below a milligram.
Why didn't you use pregnenolone for that? Is a much safer general approach than progesterone or dhea.
Pregnenolone makes me feel super weird. Like I haven't taken my anti-psychotic pill or something :D Extremely bad feeling of anxiety and irritability.

CastorTroy

Pregnenolone makes me feel super weird. Like I haven't taken my anti-psychotic pill or something :D Extremely bad feeling of anxiety and irritability.

Pregnenolone should ideally be used transdermal to bypass liver and avoid those usual sides when taken oral doses >10mg.

BearWithMe

If it's plastic it might make it worse because plastic material tends to increase estrogen

A loose cotton hat would work but if not do you have a 100% cotton t shirt ?

You can turn one into a bandana just by cutting a huge square off of it - I wear cotton bandanas these days because I don't find hats that fit me well

If you like the feeling of coke and/or cotton headwear then I would say wool is definitely worthwhile as well - it has the strongest effects on preserving my androgens and in my view very protective of hair - I changed all my bedding to wool and in the fall/winter thats all I wear
This is super interesting, thanks for sharing.

What is your opinion on linen?

JamesGatz

This is super interesting, thanks for sharing.

What is your opinion on linen?
In my view linen/cotton have similar hormonal effects - slightly progesterone raising in my view

If you are looking to maximize DHT then I would certainly say Wool bedding and Wool clothing are the best - Nothing else I've tested ever came close in terms of DHT increase

If you are looking to maximize Progesterone then Cashmere is probably the most powerful Progesterone-inducing effect - it can definitely be too overwhelming especially if you're a man so I think if the progesterone effect is what you're after then leather and cotton/linen are more subtle - I prefer them with leather being the one I like the most out of the 3

In my view linen/cotton have similar hormonal effects - slightly progesterone raising in my view

If you are looking to maximize DHT then I would certainly say Wool bedding and Wool clothing are the best - Nothing else I've tested ever came close in terms of DHT increase

If you are looking to maximize Progesterone then Cashmere is probably the most powerful Progesterone-inducing effect - it can definitely be too overwhelming especially if you're a man so I think if the progesterone effect is what you're after then leather and cotton/linen are more subtle - I prefer them with leather being the one I like the most out of the 3
Daily dose of Gatz nonsense. I hope people realise this dude is constantly trolling

Nobody actually believes that certain fabrics can target individual pro and androgenic hormones do they....i mean, come on. Wearing wool during the warmer months is more likely to give you a stress response if anything and do not buy into the rubbish of it being "temperature regulating" either. wearing cashmere beanies in 30°C plus weather is not going to go well for you no matter what manufacturers claim, a wool duvet....? Good luck sleeping with that. wool regardless of type traps heat so it's the most inappropriate fabric for the warm months we are currently experiencing, more to the point I've never seen a single study or allusion that has suggested that fabric has absolutely any effects on hormones of any kind other than plastics potentially being suppressing of androgenic hormones(though, most of those studies findings are based on people who actually work with the plastics in ridiculous quantities that you are never likely to see in a lifetime of use of them. The internet does love hyperbole though)

JamesGatz

Daily dose of Gatz nonsense. I hope people realise this dude is constantly trolling

Nobody actually believes that certain fabrics can target individual pro and androgenic hormones do they....i mean, come on. Wearing wool during the warmer months is more likely to give you a stress response if anything and do not buy into the rubbish of it being "temperature regulating" either. wearing cashmere beanies in 30°C plus weather is not going to go well for you no matter what manufacturers claim, a wool duvet....? Good luck sleeping with that. wool regardless of type traps heat so it's the most inappropriate fabric for the warm months we are currently experiencing, more to the point I've never seen a single study or allusion that has suggested that fabric has absolutely any effects on hormones of any kind other than plastics potentially being suppressing of androgenic hormones(though, most of those studies findings are based on people who actually work with the plastics in ridiculous quantities that you are never likely to see in a lifetime of use of them. The internet does love hyperbole though)
You're absolutely right - there's nothing I like more then hopping on this forum and writing elaborate 1 page trolls that waste my time that is meant to cause people harm

Ignore everything I've ever said everyone - continue wearing your polyester shirts/mattress that make dogs/rodents infertile and just don't ever experiment with Cashmere/Wool because theres absolutely a 0% chance actually not even a 0% chance theres a -50% chance that these materials (which come from animals) have different structure/effects to a literal plant like cotton/linen

And do me a favor people -

Don't ever do your own experimentation and go by "feeling" - this is a cardinal sin in the RP community-

you need to absolutely only go by studies (most of which are funded by big pharma) but you can trust big pharma definitely - Fauci and Gates are just doing wonderful work in this field -

Why hasn't Gates won a Nobel Peace Prize yet?!?!!! The man has saved the world like 5 times now

OP
DeadCatBounce

DeadCatBounce

You're absolutely right - there's nothing I like more then hopping on this forum and writing elaborate 1 page trolls that waste my time that is meant to cause people harm

Ignore everything I've ever said everyone - continue wearing your polyester shirts/mattress that make dogs/rodents infertile and just don't ever experiment with Cashmere/Wool because theres absolutely a 0% chance actually not even a 0% chance theres a -50% chance that these materials (which come from animals) have different structure/effects to a literal plant like cotton/linen

And do me a favor people -

Don't ever do your own experimentation and go by "feeling" - this is a cardinal sin in the RP community-

you need to absolutely only go by studies (most of which are funded by big pharma) but you can trust big pharma definitely - Fauci and Gates are just doing wonderful work in this field -

Why hasn't Gates won a Nobel Peace Prize yet?!?!!! The man has saved the world like 5 times now
Hey man, I have a severe hypersensitivity to fabrics since birth. I cannot wear anything but silk and cotton. I am pretty sure the clothes we wear have a systemic effect on the body.

Haven’t read any of your posts for fabrics nor have I seen any studies but the reality is they do have an effect on me. Pretty sure everything in the environment close to us has an effect on the body let alone something we put directly on the skin.

tallglass13

Ray has mentioned several times how washing with certain soaps disrupts the endocrine system.

GodsHound

Increased hair shedding is not the same as hair loss. It could even mean more vigorous and healthier growth. You must measure the rate at which your hair is growing. If it is growing faster than normal, then you can expect it to shed more.

Obes89

In my experience doses like 20-30mg Progesterone lowered DHT quite a bit. I got less and really watery sperm and my orgasms became weaker. And my skin cleared up fast. At that time i always had quite a bit of back acne. It was gone after 2 weeks on high dose Prog. At the same time, i definently grew new hair. On the Other hand a low dose of 5mg Prog only seemed to raise Test in me. My beard was growing faster, a little more oily skin. But i never felt good on 5mg prog only.

A Few Months later i used Prog + DHEA. I don't remember how much exactly. But i guess it was around 5mg dhea and 10mg Prog. Definently more hair shedding and i felt amazing on this combo. My Orgasms became crazy strong and i got a little shoulder acne. It 100% increased DHT. I will restarted something similar soon. 12mg Prog a day + 2,5mg DHEA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals