Where To Turn Next

J

James IV

I may have been a bit unclear with my advice. I only intended it to be a short term action, and I did not mean to eat fast food, nor did I suggest that you needed to overeat. I simply meant that restaurant food, which does not imply low quality resultant food, may help stimulate your appetite enough to consistently eat at maintainence, and refill any nutritional void with shear variety. The pufas would not be an issue if you are not overcomsuming calories (gaining fat), since they would be being burned and not stored.

However, if eating causes you pain, you may have something else going on. How's your pooping?

OP
N

Nstocks

Pooping has improved slightly! Could be that Mastic Gum is helping, or fewer foods means less fermentation with better digestion (but damaging metabolism). I go once a day now - still 'pebble' form so not great, but it's better than twice a week!

I still consider taking the trio of antibiotics for h pylori, but that's not going to give me nourishment that I need to heal.... I'm still an empty vessel so to speak and pharmaceuticals or supplements aren't the answer... I forever search for things to eat.

Zachs

You will never find things to eat. Take care of the h. Pylori, if that's what you have. Take the antis but do not take the antacid meds they give you, chances are your stomach acid is already low.

OP
N

Nstocks

Do you recall the dosage you took and the combination? I think it's a pretty standard combination but not sure on dosage. I think 7 days only is the norm too.

OP
N

Nstocks

From my research, Metronidazole 400mg twice per day and Clarithromycin 250mg twice per day for 7 days usually work for 90% of the population. Amoxicillin could be used in place of Metronidazole, but the latter has acne references and bacterial infections so might help my skin too.

These are hard to get without prescription, often running above £100 which is really annoying!as prescriptions in the UK are circa £8, no matter the quantity from what I remember 5 years ago. I could change Doctor which takes time and might not be any better, but I just want to get this out of the way and get on with my life without being in pain all the damn time. It's too complicated!

Last edited:

tara

A surplus if calories, aminos, minerals and vitamins is without a doubt needed to heal which is where I think Nstock's is having the most trouble but I doubt highly that just going to a buffet three times a day is the cure.

I think the most appropriate route is to burden the body as little as possible while flooding it with nutrients. Nstocks does seem to have an issue with healthy vs unhealthy which might be detrimental, remember table sugar might be all it takes to ramp thyroid production but id one thinks table sugar is unhealthy, they will never really try it.

This makes sense to me.

The pufas would not be an issue if you are not overcomsuming calories (gaining fat), since they would be being burned and not stored.

I think the PUFAs can do damage while in circulation and to the mitochondria, even if they are not stored.

OP
N

Nstocks

When I went in with hypo symptoms he told me to go to the gym and live with it because his daughter also gets cold hands and feet... So no, I'm not even going to try or waste my time asking.

I doubt a different Doctor would help - I'm looking at changing now and my GP has a 90%+ rating based on 3,000 patients. Yet most of my family and friends of the family all say how ignorant he is to what we are telling him (symptoms) but prescribed antibiotics for a common cold, so perhaps it's the s*** NHS in general, unless of course you are coming in from a foreign country in which case they will roll out the red carpet and help:expressionless:

I've found both antibiotics from Canada health&care mall for around £120, but not entirely sure on the legitimacy of them. Or, I can keep taking 8-12 capsules (2-3g) of mastic gum per day and eat whatever which will still be low calories because I have zero appetite, but mastic helps with stomach cramping and gas. I'd really like to see what Peat thinks of this.

Last edited:
OP
N

Nstocks

Looking into more methods because antibiotics may be harder to get without prescription, raw broccoli is often used as is probiotics. Now we all know Broccoli is probably the worse offended when it comes to eating plants and some sites say never eat raw veggies with h pylori. Likewise with probiotics, last time I took them I became more bloated, or, depending on the type, I didn't feel anything. (even the highest grade soil derived ones). I could go back to kefir, but make it with coconut water instead of milk?

There's currently no one-cure for h. pylori - some say antibiotics cure up to 90% and others say they are resistant to it and the power of such treatment has some serious side effects. (pubmed say for and against it)

It's back to 5 years ago of figuring out what the f*** I should do. My first thought is little things at a time and not to cut out all the crap I'm eating at once without first replacing it will better foods. (my research shows zero gluten and limited grains for a start). Also this "biofilm" that h. pylori has means antibiotics might not kill it all off.... This is probably where bicarbonate of soda comes in to 'unstick' them from the walls of gut/stomach. Apparently h, pylori also absorb magnesium to stick to the wall of the stomach which throws off the pH of the stomach causing discomfort. Interfase is an enzyme that dissolves the bonds the h. pylori use to stick to the stomach lining. Once those are dissolved, the Masic Gum pills (taken 30-45min later) kills the exposed bacteria and chewing mastic gum will prevent any hidden h, pylori from the gums making the way through the tract.

Last edited:
OP
N

Nstocks

I've had a private consultation with a Doctor online who can prescribe me antibiotics. (it's all legit and monitored, the Doctors are approved and it's via the NHS).

Anyway, with the option for antibiotics (for 7 days), I'm worried they will mess me up long term... Reading online of the horror storied with antibiotics with an immune systems that is already compromised. Interfase is an enzyme that disrupts the biofilm of h. pylori so that honey and mastic gum can penetrate the lining and remove the pylori where antibiotics skim the surface and kill some of it...

http://sanjosegreenhome.com/2013/05/21/dyi-for-natural-cure-of-h-pylori-and-gastritis-at-home/

With more research, it seems Interfase plus and mastic gum and honey will be the only treatments to help with this, along with no gluten, dairy or meat.

Part of me wants the antibiotics to see if they would finally clear my skin once and for all, but the side effects and long term damage is worrying :(

Last edited:

FD8

I've had a private consultation with a Doctor online who can prescribe me antibiotics. (it's all legit and monitored, the Doctors are approved and it's via the NHS).

Anyway, with the option for antibiotics (for 7 days), I'm worried they will mess me up long term... Reading online of the horror storied with antibiotics with an immune systems that is already compromised. Interfase is an enzyme that disrupts the biofilm of h. pylori so that honey and mastic gum can penetrate the lining and remove the pylori where antibiotics skim the surface and kill some of it...

http://sanjosegreenhome.com/2013/05/21/dyi-for-natural-cure-of-h-pylori-and-gastritis-at-home/

With more research, it seems Interfase plus and mastic gum and honey will be the only treatments to help with this, along with no gluten, dairy or meat.

Part of me wants the antibiotics to see if they would finally clear my skin once and for all, but the side effects and long term damage is worrying :(

Nstocks: first of all, thank you for sharing your journey. I'm basically dealing with the same symptoms/issues and understand your frustrations.... Alas !!!

I've experienced most of the problems described in your previous posts, for about 1.5 year now. I tried so many different things, and went through many phases (maybe i'm celiac? maybe it's IBS? leaky gut? etc etc...)

As a result of an injury I was on antibiotics for 2 weeks in October last year, and to my great surprise, all my symptoms disappeared (easy digestion, no bloating, my life was BACK !!).

I don't understand why you don't want the antibiotics. It seems like you've lost a lot of time already trying to find a natural solution. I respect your decision, but from my perspective, this could be the most efficient answer to all your problems.

Please let me know how you get on with it. If I were you I'd start the antibiotics immediately.

In regards to your skin, it will clear out when you're healthy and when the f*ing bacteria are DESTROYED. Trust the antibiotics, please !

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
As a result of an injury I was on antibiotics for 2 weeks in October last year, and to my great surprise, all my symptoms disappeared (easy digestion, no bloating, my life was BACK !!).
Do you remember what antibiotic it was?

FD8

I have noticed that many people with IBS-like symptoms (including myself) have felt/feel a lot better when on antibiotics taken for whatever reasons.

I believe antibiotics can attack the bad bacteria either in the stomach (h.pylori) or the intestines (SIBO, etc).

OP
N

Nstocks

WTF. The Doctor (online) has just retracted the prescription before I could place my order. She said "You have several theories about your conditions, see a GP"... Ahhh, the good ol' NHS at its best again.

All I said was I have bad stomach pains, constipation and bloating and that it could be h. pylori following a blood test! That's the price for been educated and trying too hard to just take what's given.

Looks like it's the natural way now.

Last edited:
I am not excited about the antibiotics. H. Pylori are naturally occurring and omnipresent in the gut. They somehow colonize the stomach or duodenum. I don't think antibiotics are often helpful and I've seen people who end up more screwed up than before.

I would try raw honey on an empty stomach. I have done this and it seems to work for my situation. It has allowed me to easily tolerate aspirin without much discomfort, which to me indicates the retreat of H. Pylori.

I'd continue with the mastic gum.

And this is something you may want to try: increasing coconut oil (gradually) to 3 to 5 tablespoons a day. I think this may really get things balanced out and help with the rabbit poop too. Coconut oil lets the body remove endotoxins more easily, and lets the liver excrete bile with less effort and stress. I am finding it very helpful in general, plus I seem to be making progress (slow but sure) in losing fat around my abdomen.

I borrow from David Asprey, and emulsify it with a stick blender with honey and a bit of water, then I add espresso and drink. This makes it easy for my stomach and gut to process and pass into my body. And I think the emulsified coconut oil will control the H. Pylori in the stomach and duodenum.

OP
N

Nstocks

Good points there and the coconut oil is something I also need to incorporate. I eat maybe 1 tablespoon a WEEK. I came across some candy which uses honey, banana, coconut oil and almond butter - I'll leave out the butter.

The enzymes that remove the biofilm, if h. pylori is truly buried in the walls, could be key to getting UMF active manuka honey and mastic gum work (better).

I'm not sure if removing grains, specifically gluten should be stressed - I'm always looking what to eat but lately grains (cereal bars for instance) are not causing as much problem as they did before - could be the mastic gum. MASTIKA is the brand I use which does contain some bulking agents... Pure mastic gum is 80% more cost, so I'm not sure if it should be invested in side I'm going to be taking quite a lot over the next months.

EDIT: Earlier today I had another consultation with a online Doctor and he prescribed me the following for £105. They are legit and certified Doctors but I'm still weary about taking antibiotics (for reasons discussed earlier). I specifically asked for the Metronidazole and Clarithromycin... PPI is always prescribed h. pylori.

Omeprazole: 20mg ‡ 14 capsules (one capsule twice daily before a meal)
Metronidazole : 400mg ‡ 14 tablets (one tablet twice daily)
Clarithromycin : 250mg ‡ 14 tablets (one tablet twice daily)

Last edited:
J

James IV

If bacterial overgrowth is your issue, I would try a diet low bacteria diet. Potatoes as your staple, small amounts of cooked (experiment with fermented) veggies and ripe fruit. Lower amounts of lean proteins/seafood/broths. Moderate/low fat mostly from coconut. Remove all dairy. Some steel cut oats,and california basmati rice, both soaked or fermented, here and there if you get too bored with potatoes.
Eat all food and drink warm and dry (drain stews,lumpy oatmeal, less watery fruits, etc) and keep liquids on the low side. Eat most of your calories during breakfast and lunch. Light dinner for better sleep detoxing.

Ive also found that using traditionally made bread (no preservatives or conditioners) that you allow to go stale (rock hard) but not blue moldy is a good antibacterial "cleanser." I generally make a poultice with 6 slices or so, and some hot water, light drizzle of honey if needed. eat that and it seems to really clean things out, and drastically improve digestion. Unpasteurized (home brewed) beer works well too, but doesn't seem to be as effective as the poultice. May try mixing the two at some point.

It also happens to be the diet that keeps me feeling/looking my healthiest.

Juice and milk based diet made me really sick. Chinese medicine talks a lot about a damp, or a dry, body, and how each can lead to many health ailments. For me the info was spot on.

Anyway. Just some ideas to throw around.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
N

Nstocks

Soups, coconut oil, cooked kale, eggs and cranberry juice is what I've come up with based on pylori research and how I feel eating those foods. Potatoes, rice and bread would not sit well with me before taking mastic gum, but they likely would do better now. For baked items I'm using coconut flour (sparsely) for the protein and antibicrobal properties... Banana bread would go down well I think.

I agree about milk and high liquids, they caused a lot of empty bloating if that makes sense.

I'm giving the UMF 15+ honey, enzymes and mastic gum along with the other key items like coconut oil 6 weeks and if I don't improve I'm getting the antibiotics.

Beer is disgusting! I prefer gin and whiskey but that only happens a couple of times a year.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals