Where To Turn Next

Zpol

I don't have time to read through all the reply's so forgive me if repeat something or missed something, but I just had to respond because constipation and stomach issues have the mutha-ucka of my life for decades (it was so bad not even enemas were working consistently), things have greatly improved now, this is what I've been doing... btw I have the SIBO too:/
NOTE: i do not advocate taking supplements of any kind, I think they are last resort, and as my health improves I will try to be off all of these. Also, I debated on whether or not to add brand names because I don't want to look like I'm promoting them, I am definitely not promoting anything but just want to share what I've found.

main things for constipation:
-2000mg myo-inositol/50mg d-chiro inositol/maltodextrin supplement twice per day (this helps big time, don't know why, i actually started taking it for PCOS reasons not even constipation), I take the Ovasitol
- Intestinal movement formula by Healthforce 5 caps per day
- Cascara 1/2 tsp on weekends instead of the Intestinal movement Formula (to avoid habituation of either)
- RED LIGHT therapy!! 20-to 30min per evening (I have one 250watt incandescent red light in a bayco clamp mounted to a music stand which I lay under and have it directed to my abdomen, half way through I move it to my thyroid/face. Also, I use this time to do visualizations; I visualize the red light particles slaying the bacteria, weird I know but gotta think about something during this time!)
- magesium: I spray 8 squirts on my abdomen during red light therapy, and take Mag. citrate powder, 1 heaping tsp. at night.

main thing for the severe agonizing stomach pain and bloating:
- to be honest the only thing that works for this (in addition to diet) is a mental thing... I think and visualize 'my stomach and intestines are relaxed and open' and AND belly breathing. I didn't catch if you are male or female but PCOS can cause this pain too, so I add in ...my overies... too, obvi, if you're a dude then this second part may not help
- Liver Rescue by Healthforce, this got me through some pretty serious stomach pain

For feeling cold:
- Belly breathing as much as i can remember to (why the hell does this work?... I know not)[ I might try bag breathing instead since it has more benefits]
- Coconut oil and bone broth (I work a lot so I usually rely on the Pacific brand kind in the tetrapack)
- Salt, lots of salt

other:
- Walgreens brand tums for calcium (egg shell and ALL other types of calcium cause digestion issues, walgreens brand has the least amount of toxic stuff)
- Mastic gum for severe GERD 2-4 caps per day
- Nerve renew for B-vitamins (it is the only one without out the dreaded Folic acid which causes cancer in supplement form, and it has low level B6, too much B6 can cause big problems, not to mention severe headaches)
- Vitex for progesterone synthesis
- I have Hashimoto's thyroid, I take 7.5 mcg of liothyroxine (divided doses), and 50 mcg levothyroxine per day
- OptiZinc 1x day
- Nutrisorb Vit. A, 1 drop rubbed on ankles per day (liver gives me GERD symptoms or i'd just eat that)
- UniqueE vitamin e 1 cap/day

Teeth: (I have cured and even reversed receding gums and teeth sensitivity)
- Uncle harry's natural products toothpaste (it has Calcium in it; I too am concerned about calcium levels and teeth)
- Floss every single night! and sometimes use an irrigator.
- use small toothbrushes and angle down at the gum line

Products:
- Nothing that has toxines in them (Hynt makup, Nubian heritage lotion, Neem shampoo, nasanta magnesium deodorant, alba hair gel).

Diet (i have an autoimmune condition so I cannot eat any Dairy, Gluten, or Rice, or else I'm in severe pain all over):
- I like cereal too! Erewhon and Nature's path corn flakes cereal (they have no synthetic vitamins, and no sugar added, and organic, nonGMO)
- make my own coconut milk
- Rotate foods often as possible
- Gelatin Hydrolsate, great lakes brand... this is was a life saver when I could barely eat anything
- Balanced meals! for me that's 35-40% carb, 35-440% fat, 20-30% protein
- I know how you feel, people are always telling you what NOT to eat and not what TOO eat... this is where I started...
dates, applesauce, pureed spinach (puree BEFORE cooking), plain chicken, coconut water, REFINED coconut oil, Bone broth w/o onion, raw carrot, toasted coconut chips, butternut squash, macadamia nuts, pure vanilla powder and cinnamon for sweet spice, salt, basil, and thyme for savory, "Digestive health with real food" the book, has some great recipes. Add in more foods as soon as you can tolerate.

I do hope you read this, as I have fought tooth and nail to be where I'm at today, instead of bedridden, and I hope what I have learned can be helpful to some one else suffering from this awful illness.

OP
N

Nstocks

That's a lot of supplements!!!

It's funny yo mentioned red light therapy - I've pulled out my near-infrared light to try and clear up my skin. I used it when waking up on my naked body and during the day on my face/thyroid. Sometimes on my lower back too for pain there. I always imagine myself on a beach with my eyes closed and the intense light simulating the sun.... It's incredibly calming along with my reef aquarium!

I was paying attention to my niece's breathing today - she breathes through the stomach just as I do, but the other adults in the room mostly breath through their chest... It's a very powerful technique I picked up years ago and find it physically challenging to breath through my chest now!

Tomorrow is shopping day and I can't wait to get eating with coconut oil again - is coconut oil really allergic so that's why you use refined? The only nice gluten free I have tried is rice krispies... Other speciality gluten free cereals are bland and are like stones to eat, even with sugar on them. Coconut milk gives me dhiorrea and gelatin, even hydrsolate give me stomach pains and severe indigestion.

Some more good points, thank you. I'll take a look at that book too - is it all about almonds and soy though?!

Zpol

"I'll take a look at that book too - is it all about almonds and soy though?!"

lol no! on the contrary, the book does not advocate almonds or soy or anything like that. Most the suggestions in the book are very much in line with Ray Peat suggestions.

Unrefined coconut oil can be a gut irritant to some people. I personally like the expeller pressed refined coconut oil from Tropical Traditions.

I feel the same way about the red light; it almost feels like the sun hitting my skin on a warm summer day:)
Wish I had a aquarium to complete the beach feeling!

Oh and I see you just posted about alcohol... I don't drink much either but the occasional glass of wine is nice. I only drink Red though because it has some slight aromatase inhibitor effect. Sometimes Tito's vodka (the only kind I would even think about drinking).

Last edited:
OP
N

Nstocks

I've been thinking about my acne and for a long time 95% of it has been hard lumps and some comedones around my jawline... For the most part it looks like swollen lymph nodes, which reoccur every 30 days or so and have been a problem for at least the past 5 years. I don't know why but I want the antibiotics again. I've always thought that with one course of antibiotics, acne is gone but then again my acne isn't the typical type as it's on my lymphatic areas...

OP
N

Nstocks

A small update:

After taking mastic gum and a supplement for biofilms in relation to suspected helicobacter pylori, I'm happy to report that my bloating has gone down from when I started this thread. I'm making more effort to eat (anything!) just to get the cycle (metabolism) going. I find that long periods between food, whilst feels somewhat relaxing, it only sets my body up for extreme bloating and further constipation, which I still have.

I've been supplementing the same dosage of Novotiral (cynoplus, 1 tablet) for 2 years now. When I occasionally check my temperature in the morning it's still around 35.8C so I still have a long way to go and for the most part I think food is the answer, despite gaining a waistline of fat (only in that area...)

Before upping the dosage, would a blood test (private) consisting of TSH, free Thyroxine, T4 and free T3 as well as thyroid antibodies be of any use in determining a dosage increase, other than body temperature? I have most of those tests results from 4 years ago so it could be worthwhile to see what the changes are.

I'm also using a red light (from the read light man on here) to help with acne scars, which is also growing a few hairs on my previously patchy excuse of a beard. That too should help with hypothyroidism - I'm just wondering if I should stick with current dosage or take more, or forget about thyroid all together and just eat? (but gain a lot of fat and potentially be freezing cold, again).

Emily Cahill

Nstocks!
I know this is a very old post. But any improvement?!
I am suffering from the same thing. The whole, inability to stand up or sit up is so strange!
Do you find out what your issues were? I’m at wits end. No food is good and no food is better then another :(

T

TheBeard

As far as minimizing gut bacteria to limit endotoxins, would it be better to take penicillin and doxicycline on empty stomachs?

The leaflets mention to take them with food to increase absorption, but absorption is not our goal here, we want a localized gut action.

If there is no food in the way, they could potentially act more efficiently?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals