I'm going to die

DonLore

You are on benzodiazepines? Those things really wreack havoc on your body, nervous system and brain. The withdrawal feels like your body is breaking down, and you feel like going insane. Consider being 6 months drugfree, I am talking about any drugs. People like to tell you to take benadryl, or whatever, but only when you have been drug and medicine free, only eating real foods, being outside every day and putting your phone away, can you truly know what shape you are in. Until you have been months free from any man made drugs and foods, its very likely that they are the reason you feel so bad

L91

I get very distressing breathing issues if I dont eat protein with carbs, I dont know why.... specifically meat helps the best, lower fat. Also taking a b complex and magnesium glycinate help the issue.

Runenight201

I get very distressing breathing issues if I dont eat protein with carbs, I dont know why.... specifically meat helps the best, lower fat. Also taking a b complex and magnesium glycinate help the issue.

There’s the answer. Eat your meat

Explorer

I tried benadryl yesterday, but I do feel much better in the morning then it slowly gets worse throughout the day, then in the evening it also gets better, when I'm going back to sleep
Could be inflammation or high glutamate or histamine/melatonin ratio related - histamine lowers in the evenings

Have you tried anti-glutamate pro-GABA stuff and aspirin?

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Could be inflammation or high glutamate or histamine/melatonin ratio related - histamine lowers in the evenings

Have you tried anti-glutamate pro-GABA stuff and aspirin?
I've tried aspirin, but it's been a while since then, so I may try it again, I'm also on benadryl, i still haven't noticed a ton of benefits, but I only got it a couple of days ago, so imma just keep going with that

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

I’ve felt this way before, but you haven’t tried everything; you’ve only tried everything you’re aware of so far. I think it’s useful getting other perspectives on health as well. I think Ray Peat has a very interesting big picture view of biology that is probably much closer to reality than the standard model, but I don’t think his specific implementation works for everyone at every time. So listening to what some other people in the health sphere have to say can be helpful as well, even if their theories might be sadly less complete than Ray’s.

I’m personally trying Grant Generoux’s and Garrett Smith’s vitamin A detox ideas but I also started learning about Karen Hurd’s ideas and what’s interesting is that they both have a similar practical approach while having entirely different theories as to why they work for some people. It’s quite fascinating and different from Ray Peat principles, but at the same time it’s not completely opposite of his principles or practice either, especially since RP has started eating a lot of oat bran.

Basically it’s complicated and can be frustrating but getting different perspectives and trying things completely out of your current understanding can demonstrate how little we actually know and perhaps what will ultimately work won’t be totally understood by you, but it’s worth finding it still because then you have a chance at feeling better.
Yeah, the true method of knowledge is experimentation i guess, and for the record I did try out the ost bran thing and It was horrible, same with the raw carrots

Runenight201

You could also look into vagus nerve training. Shallow breathing is definitely a red flag imo that the vagus nerve isn’t working properly

orangebear

Yeah, the true method of knowledge is experimentation i guess, and for the record I did try out the ost bran thing and It was horrible, same with the raw carrots
Carrots didn't do much for me and I haven't tried oat bran, but I've heard oat bran might be too intense as a fiber to start with. Seems psyllium husk and beans tend to be the better ones to start with.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Carrots didn't do much for me and I haven't tried oat bran, but I've heard oat bran might be too intense as a fiber to start with. Seems psyllium husk and beans tend to be the better ones to start with.
Yeah I think I have a really sensitive intestine also I've been tracking my pulse and temps for the past days,

1st of March - temp 35.9, pulse 61 bpm
4th March - temp 36.1, pulse 61 bpm
29th Aug - temp 36.3, pulse 66 bpm
30th Aug - temp 36.1, pulse 61 bpm
20th Sep - temp 36.3, pulse 61 bpm
21st Sep - temp 36.3, pulse 60 bpm
22nd Sep -temp 36.3, pulse 61 bpm
23rd Sep-temp 36.1, pulse 62 bpm
24th Sep -temp 36.1, pulse 62 bpm
25th Sep temp 36.1, pulse 61 bpm
26th Sep temp 36.0, pulse 60 bpm
28th Sep temp 35.9,pulse 57 bpm

Jonk

No, but I'm on benadryl still with autoimmune Raynauds and heart palpitations
Yeah alright, do you know how many calories you eat/day? Cypro helps a lot with appetite if intestines are inflamed/irritated, not sure with benadryl.

Jonk

No, but I'm on benadryl still with autoimmune Raynauds and heart palpitations
Also to add, this is the third time I'm trying cypro, and a big difference this time is I'm being strict with trying to eat as many calories as possible and avoiding a lot of foods I potentially react negatively to, especially A1 dairy and starches. Almost immediately my stools improve dramatically, but if I introduce something like too big grained egg shells or magnesium hydroxide my stools, bloating, back pain and anxiety gets worse. This is not necessarily applicable to you but might be worth considering. I've had problems with anxiety a big part of my life and quite recently I've become much more aware of my general gut health and the correlation it has to my anxiety/mood/overall energy.

Jayvee

Have you tried sticking to a low fodmap diet for a bit. I had major shortness of breath that went on for months after taking too much thyroid (and other things that stimulate metabolism) and/or antibiotics. It all royally screwed me over and I thought I was going to die, very similar symptoms to you, almost bed bound at one point. I would start by looking at the diet, finding a fat source, protein source and a carb source that dont make you feel like ***t, sticking to them and building out from there. Maybe look into low fodmap stuff too

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Also to add, this is the third time I'm trying cypro, and a big difference this time is I'm being strict with trying to eat as many calories as possible and avoiding a lot of foods I potentially react negatively to, especially A1 dairy and starches. Almost immediately my stools improve dramatically, but if I introduce something like too big grained egg shells or magnesium hydroxide my stools, bloating, back pain and anxiety gets worse. This is not necessarily applicable to you but might be worth considering. I've had problems with anxiety a big part of my life and quite recently I've become much more aware of my general gut health and the correlation it has to my anxiety/mood/overall energy.
Yeah I actually did an experiment with honey only and every time I eat the honey, approximately 1.5 hours later i get terrible skipped beats, i eat around 2200 calories a day approximately, but I'm convinced there is something going on in my gut, I think I might have some bacteria in the wrong places or something, because its whenever i eat the sugary foods that my symptoms worsen i think, at least for now, my autoimmune issues are also really bad, i have erythromelgia in my feet and hands, even now as I'm typing this, I can feel my fingers starting to dilate with the blood vessels too much, it must have something to do with endotoxin, nitric oxide maybe?

Barry

So I feel utterly hopeless, I've just been to the doctor and he says that all my symptoms are 'anxiety'. I'm 20 years old and I should not be feeling this bad.

I have severe shortness of breath and nausea, I feel bedridden and sometimes I can't even get out of bed, because my breathing is so bad.
I have noticed a correlation with foods, for example, dates Vs apple juice, apple juice gives me less of an issue, but it doesn't go away enough, i have had this shortness of breath, chest tightness and bloating since April of this year, maybe I should just kill myself, idk
shortness of breath - my guess would be that you are deficient in potassium. You can buy potassium chloride from amazon or "NoSalt" brand from the supermarket. It doesn't taste as good as salt, but if you add a 1/4 teaspoon to a glass of milk, most of the taste is hidden.

for many years, starting around age 20, I had a problem with an irregular heartbeat, and frequent yawning and shortness of breath. potassium chloride has made a huge difference for me.

Jonk

Yeah I actually did an experiment with honey only and every time I eat the honey, approximately 1.5 hours later i get terrible skipped beats, i eat around 2200 calories a day approximately, but I'm convinced there is something going on in my gut, I think I might have some bacteria in the wrong places or something, because its whenever i eat the sugary foods that my symptoms worsen i think, at least for now, my autoimmune issues are also really bad, i have erythromelgia in my feet and hands, even now as I'm typing this, I can feel my fingers starting to dilate with the blood vessels too much, it must have something to do with endotoxin, nitric oxide maybe?
Yeah your symptoms with vasodilation sounds a bit similar to mine. I would guess it's endotoxin/leaky/inflamed intestines. Nitric oxide is a potent vasodilator so makes sense. I've had short periods when I felt totally "cool, calm and collected" and that's early in a course of strong 'rheum palmatum root' tea. It contains emodin and other anthraquinones and helps with mucus formation and inhibits water absorption from the intestines. One morning I could feel my intestines almost 'fluttering' like they had woken up from a long slumber, and I had no more chronic back pain or anxiety whatsoever. Over the course of about a week it did feel like it interfered with nutrient absorption though so it didn't feel like a long term solution. It did however give some further "insight" into the chain of events contributing to my anxiety, random flushing/heat intolerance, brain fog etc. Let's say you're intestines are inflamed for whatever reason, you might react negatively to certain foods like grains/starches or dairy, just to name a few common contributors to IBS. I noticed a lot of improvement from quitting dairy for example, other than goats milk.

OP
PeterSN

PeterSN

Have you tried sticking to a low fodmap diet for a bit. I had major shortness of breath that went on for months after taking too much thyroid (and other things that stimulate metabolism) and/or antibiotics. It all royally screwed me over and I thought I was going to die, very similar symptoms to you, almost bed bound at one point. I would start by looking at the diet, finding a fat source, protein source and a carb source that dont make you feel like ***t, sticking to them and building out from there. Maybe look into low fodmap stuff too

shortness of breath - my guess would be that you are deficient in potassium. You can buy potassium chloride from amazon or "NoSalt" brand from the supermarket. It doesn't taste as good as salt, but if you add a 1/4 teaspoon to a glass of milk, most of the taste is hidden.

for many years, starting around age 20, I had a problem with an irregular heartbeat, and frequent yawning and shortness of breath. potassium chloride has made a huge difference for me.
Wow thank you, I'll give the potassium chloride a try

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals