LPR (silent Reflux) Going Up To Ears

Zpol

Thanks for the info and i'd like try it out. Can you give perhaps more detailed info about how do you make your tea? and where do you find that tea?

Sure thing. I have a 50oz borosilicate pitcher, lead-free tempered glass. I fill it about 3/4 full with spring water, bring to a boil, take off burner, add about 2 heaping tablespoons of ceylon cinnamon and 1 heaping cup of Nettle tea leaves (cut and sifted), cover with a hermetically sealing lid (to keep the volatile oils from escaping), stir it up a bit and steep overnight. The next morning, in a coffee mug I heat up some water and add about 2 tablespoons of honey. I combine the honey water and the nettle+cinnamon tea and divide into two 16oz water bottles, staining out the nettle leaves, I drink one bottle per day. This recipe makes a pretty strong tea, which I personally like, you can always add more water if it's too strong.
My pitcher has a built in strainer in the lid. This is the one I have.
I do this every couple days. Not sure it lasts more than a couple days in the fridge.

I've tried many other things, rinitadine, slippery elm, mastic gum, tums, licorice, zinc carnosine, hypnosis, this seems to do the trick. Hope it helps!

meatbag

I think i will stop taking fish oil altogether and will get omega 3 from fish. I think you're right about dropping the supplements at least for a while, I never really enjoyed swallowing them anyways.

From reading Peat's stuff I'm not sure trying to get too much omega 3 from seafood would be a good idea but seafood does have good minerals so squid, shrimp, some crab/lobster are recommended since they're low in fat. The shellfish especially are high in minerals like zinc (oysters) but should be cooked.

"JEANNE RUBIN: I'm just going to ask besides the Omega 3 and 6, which are Linolenic Acid and Linoleic Acid, for the listeners, where else on the food supply do we consume these Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids?

RAY PEAT: Well, all natural foods contain small amounts of some of the Polyunsaturated fats. Like, coconut oil, contains about 1%, and beef, lamb, milk and cheese contain a couple percenct, depending on what they ate. But the really risky sources, for example when you get above the equivalent of about a teaspoon full of the Polyunsaturated fats per day, per person. Four grams a day is where the breakdown of those PUFAS starts showing an increased incidence of cancer and othesr degenerative diseases. And if you don't specialize in the foods that are naturally low in those fatty acids, you increase your risk of all of the toxic or degenerative influences. And the foods that are richest in these unstable and potentially toxic oils are grains, seeds, nuts, vegetables in general, and all of the animals which are not ruminants, which have eaten the vegetable Polyunsaturated fats.

So that horses, rabbits, chickens, pigs, which are not ruminants, RAY PEAT: Reflect in their diets – pigs will reflect in their diet pretty exactly what they’ve been eating as they grew up. And fish eats algae; smaller organisms that have eaten algae get a very high concentration of these Polyunsaturated.
JEANNE RUBIN: In regards of Omega 3s, they produce non-inflammatory prostaglandins. I wanna get your take on that, do we need Essential Fatty Acids to produce prostagladins and fight inflammation or is that untrue?

RAY PEAT: Yeah, the Some of the recent work on the anti-inflammatory effect of the fish oil, or the Omega -3 fats, shows that they accumulate with aging, for example in the brain. And Alzheimer's or Dementia patients have a much higher level of these in the brain. They the spontaneously oxidize into, not only toxic anti-metabolic, anti-brain-tissue substances (the neuroprostanes for example), but, in the process of oxidizing, they supress the immune system too. It's an across the board toxic effect. But when you look at the immune system, supressing the cells that produce inflammation, you get an interruption of an existing inflammatory process. the Several researchers have found that it's only the oxidized form, the broken down form of the fish oils, that has the anti-inflammatory effect. When you prolong the feeding with this anti-inflammatory effect, you start seeing that immunodepression is the longer range effect. The present extreme advocacy of fish oil for its anti-inflammatory effect is very similar to what the X-Ray industry was doing 80 years ago, even as recently as 1950s and 60s; they were still treating arthritis, acne, psoriasis, ringworm, anything with an inflammatory component, with X-rays treatment, because it's immediate effect is to create these lipid peroxides, which are anti -inflammatory, immediately immunosupressive in the long run, and toxic in many ways, eventually."
~East West: The Science Behind The Dangers Of Polyunsaturated Fats

Do you take any supplements these days at all if you don't mind sharing? All supplements has the statement saying that how their claims are not proven by FDA, that says a lot about synthetic industry.

Lately I've just been trying to use thyroid, from idealabsdc and also sometimes vitamin D, and K2 Mk 4 from same company as well as cyproheptadine occasionally when I feel really bad (mostly depression/anxiety stuff). Also I use progest-e ordered from Long natural health and sometime progestene from idealabs as well as pansterone sometimes. In terms of nutrients I try to get those from food but the b-vitamins they sell never bothered my stomach while other ones I've tried have except niacinamide from nutrabio which I just ordered some more of.

I use tofu and jasmine rice more these days i wonder they're really that less starchier than pasta/bread.

Yeah rice is pure starch but it has no fiber or really digestively disturbing compounds, good sourdough bread seems okay too but no starch is ideal and can cause problems for some people. I just thought I'd mention it because a lot of people don't feel comfortable doing zero starch and just using fruit and sugar; fruits, fruit juices, coffee with sugar and milk/cream (watch out for carrageenen and gums though), and soda (without citric acid-coke,dr.pepper,etc). If you look up "ray peat recipes" there's some good stuff. Just make sure your getting enough salt if you stop eating starch.

I don't think tofu is a good food, too much PUFA and harmful compounds from the soy;

"Estrogenic phytotoxins damage mitochondria, kill brain cells; tofu is associated with dementia."
~Mitonchondria and mortality: Diet, exercise, and medicine, damaging or repairing respiratory metabolism

"Q: You say vegetable oils are hazardous to your health. What vegetable oils are you talking about?

• Mainly, I'm referring to soybean oil, corn oil, safflower oil, canola, sesame oil, sunflower seed oil, palm oil, and any others that are labeled as "unsaturated" or "polyunsaturated." Almond oil, which is used in many cosmetics, is very unsaturated.

• Chemically, the material that makes these oils very toxic is the polyunsaturated fat itself. These unsaturated oils are found in very high concentrations in many seeds, and in the fats of animals that have eaten a diet containing them. The fresh oils, whether cold pressed or consumed as part of the living plant material, are intrinsically toxic, and it is not any special industrial treatment that makes them toxic. Since these oils occur in other parts of plants at lower concentration, and in the animals which eat the plants, it is impossible to eat a diet which lacks them, unless special foods are prepared in the laboratory.

• These toxic oils are sometimes called the "essential fatty acids" or "vitamin F," but this concept of the oils as essential nutrients was clearly disproved over 50 years ago.

• Linoleic and linolenic acids, the "essential fatty acids," and other polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are now fed to pigs to fatten them, in the form of corn and soy beans, cause the animals' fat to be chemically equivalent to vegetable oil. In the late 1940s, chemical toxins were used to suppress the thyroid function of pigs, to make them get fatter while consuming less food. When that was found to be carcinogenic, it was then found that corn and soy beans had the same antithyroid effect, causing the animals to be fattened at low cost. The animals' fat becomes chemically similar to the fats in their food, causing it to be equally toxic, and equally fattening.

• These oils are derived from seeds, but their abundance in some meat has led to a lot of confusion about "animal fats." Many researchers still refer to lard as a "saturated fat," but this is simply incorrect when pigs are fed soybeans and corn.

• Q: How are these oils hazardous to your health?

• Ultimately, all systems of the body are harmed by an excess of these oils. There are two reasons for this. One is that the plants produce the oils for protection, not only to store energy for the germination of the seed. To defend the seeds from the animals that would eat them, the oils block the digestive enzymes in the animals' stomachs. Digestion is one of our most basic functions, and evolution has built many other systems by using variations of that system; as a result, all of these systems are damaged by the substances which damage the digestive system.

• The other reason is that the seeds are designed to germinate in early spring, so their energy stores must be accessible when the temperatures are cool, and they normally don't have to remain viable through the hot summer months. Unsaturated oils are liquid when they are cold, and this is necessary for any organism that lives at low temperatures. For example, fish in cold water would be stiff if they contained saturated fats. These oils easily get rancid (spontaneously oxidizing) when they are warm and exposed to oxygen. Seeds contain a small amount of vitamin E to delay rancidity. When the oils are stored in our tissues, they are much warmer, and more directly exposed to oxygen, than they would be in the seeds, and so their tendency to oxidize is very great. These oxidative processes can damage enzymes and other parts of cells, and especially their ability to produce energy.

• The enzymes which break down proteins are inhibited by unsaturated fats, and these enzymes are needed not only for digestion, but also for production of thyroid hormones, clot removal, immunity, and the general adaptability of cells. The risks of abnormal blood clotting, inflammation, immune deficiency, shock, aging, obesity, and cancer are increased. Thyroid and progesterone are decreased. Since the unsaturated oils block protein digestion in the stomach, we can be malnourished even while "eating well."

• Plants produce many protective substances to repel or injure insects and other animals that eat them. They produce their own pesticides. The oils in seeds have this function. On top of this natural toxicity, the plants are sprayed with industrial pesticides, which can concentrate in the seed oils.

• It isn't the quantity of these polyunsaturated oils which governs the harm they do, but the relationship between them and the saturated fats. Obesity, free radical production, the formation of age pigment, blood clotting, inflammation, immunity, and energy production are all responsive to the ratio of unsaturated fats to saturated fats, and the higher this ratio is, the greater the probability of harm there is.

• There are interesting interactions between these oils and estrogen. For example, puberty occurs at an earlier age if estrogen is high, or if these oils are more abundant in the diet. This is probably a factor in the development of cancer.
All systems of the body are harmed by an excess of these oils. There are three main kinds of damage: one, hormonal imbalances, two, damage to the immune system, and three, oxidative damage."
~Unsaturated Vegetable Oils: Toxic
(highly recommend that whole article)

Can you recommend a good reliable brand for zinc carnoisane and gelatin?

I've used zinc supplements before and I think zinc can be helpful but I'm not sure supplementing is nessecary and may not be a good idea while dealing with digestive issues:

"ELUV: And what can people do as far as specific diet for post- surgery recovery to help their brain and their body recover?

RAY PEAT: The same foods that are generally good, but emphasizing the things that are lost specifically by high stress which are protein, zinc, some of the B vitamins are turned over very fast in stress so foods like liver and oysters and eggs, which are rich in the trace minerals, and protein are as long as you’re getting adequate carbohydrate and calcium these happen to be high phosphate foods, along with the protein, but they have the highest concentration of healing minerals and vitamins."

~Eluv: Effects Of Stress And Trauma On The Body

Possible harmful effects of zinc supplements to be aware of;
"
Several years ago, I saw what appeared to be oxidant-induced cataracts. Two women had a very sudden onset of cataracts, and I asked about their diet and supplements; it turned out that one of them had begun taking 500 mg of zinc daily a few months earlier, and the other had begun taking 600 mg of zinc and 250 mg of iron, on her doctor’s recommendation, just a couple of months before the cataracts appeared.

For some reason, there have been many nutritional supplements sold as cataract remedies in the form of eye drops. I suppose a trace of the material could diffuse through the cornea into the aqueous humor, where it might make a difference in the lens’s nutrient supply, but it seems more reasonable to treat the body as a whole, nourishing every part in a balanced way."
~The transparency of life: Cataracts as a model of age-related disease

"
RAY PEAT:There is lots of things being written about iron, how destructive it is, how readily it reacts, and that being its main problem, is that it's very reactive in the body.

SARAH JOHANNESSEN MURRAY: It's another oxidant.

RAY PEAT: Yeah. And taking a supplement of free metal – iron, zinc or copper in the form of a free metal – it can interact with nutrients in your digestive system and oxidize them. But iron is the worst one to take as a supplement.

SARAH JOHANNESSEN MURRAY: And another thing for our listeners to avoid is cooking acidic products in cast-iron pans or making soups in cast-iron stock pots because you will be dissolving that iron when you cook in them. So, Dr. Peat, can you tell us some more about what else can interfere with the thyroid hormone and how this can affect heart failure and high blood pressure?

RAY PEAT: The polyunsaturated fats and stress are probably the most common things throughout Western diet culture. But, traditionally, the cabbage family and beans were the main goitrogens, things that interfere with formation of the thyroid hormone. And in the Andes and parts of Southern Mexico and Western China, there's still a tremendous amount of thyroid deficiency and cretinism. I have read that there are – I think it was 100 million cretins in Western China. And beans are a major factor in the Andes in Mexico and I think in China too besides an actual iodine deficiency. But the cabbage family, especially if they aren't cooked well, so, the coleslaw – if a person ate coleslaw every day, they would very likely have a thyroid problem.

SARAH JOHANNESSEN MURRAY: And what about poor protein intake? Does that influence the thyroid hormone?

RAY PEAT: Yeah. In the 1940s, studies were done showing that they saw that people in the concentration camps, men who came out and started eating well, would often grow breasts. And they saw that the starvation for protein, in particular, causes the liver to become unable to destroy estrogen. And thyroid is needed to inactivate estrogen. And if you’re getting low calories, but especially low thyroid, you turn your metabolism down, so that you don't eat up the proteins in your muscles so fast. So just a fairly slight protein deficiency will cause your thyroid to slow down defensively. And that means that your liver is leaving more estrogen in circulation. And then, estrogen blocks the enzymes which attach iodine to the protein to make the thyroid hormone.

So just stress or a protein deficiency will let estrogen rise, and the rising estrogen will block the secretion from your thyroid, creating a vicious circle.

~Herb Doctors - Blood Pressure Regulation, Heart Failure, and Muscle Atrophy

Regarding zinc:
Ray Peat said:
Taking zinc orally, 5 or 10 mg, can replenish the body's stores in a few days, but
the supplement can oxidize other nutrients in the stomach or intestine, so it isn't
good to use it for a long time."
-Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

"emodin/cascara" What are these? I'm kind of getting overwhelmed by where and what to start taking.

Here's Peat's artcile about it:Cascara, energy, cancer and the FDA's laxative abuse

I've used idealabs emodin product and it seemed pretty good, but I don't have enough experience to say whether it'd be good or not. There should be posts on the forum about it though.:emodin | Ray Peat Forum

" I think cascara's most important effect is the reduction of the
pro-inflammatory nitric oxide, which poisons mitochondrial energy
production. Raw carrot or bamboo shoots can sometimes have a similar
effect by reducing NO synthesis."~Ray Peat Email Advice Depository

High cortisol production could be the cause of it all like you said and would like to do further thyroid testing but my annual physical says "no further testing is necessary" I don't know how to go about tell my dr "Hey, You know what, I don't believe these lab results and i want to do more tests." Then she would think that i am hypochondriac. lol

Yeah I had a tough time with doctors as well, just remember your the customer and they're just a provider. You can fire them or request anything you want for a diagnosed condition legally

Check out Toxinless for supplement sources: https://www.toxinless.com/

Selftestable for ordering and getting your own blood work done: https://www.selftestable.com/

And also Danny Roddy usually has good info about what lab tests to get if you check out his podcast and articles, he also has a patreon and you can do consults and stuff. He's been researching Peat's work for awhile and you could ask him if you could consult with him: Dannyroddy.com is creating articles, podcasts, and videos about stress, energy, and aging. | Patreon

You could also see if the Herb Doctors who do the HerbDoctor interviews are still doing consultations, I think they actually work with Ray Peat sometimes but they haven't mentioned it in awhile:Western Botanical Consultations

There are also a lot of recommendations in the generative energy podcasts:Episodes
They're on youtube also:Danny Roddy

Also every interview with Peat is available as mp3/podcast here:Play Ray Peat interviews in your podcast player - Toxinless

I would check those out but checking tmeperature and pulse when you wake up and then again after eating and in the afternoon can give you an idea of thyroid function: Thyroid, Temperature, Pulse

“In the 1940s, Dr. Barnes realized that the blood tests were usually inaccurate. Consequently, he developed a simple test to confirm suspected low thyroid function using an ordinary thermometer. He found that normal underarm or oral temperatures immediately upon awakening in the morning (while still in bed) are in the range of 97.8 to 98.2 degrees Fahrenheit. He believed that a temperature below 97.8 indicated hypothyroidism; and one above 98.2, hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid)...."

This is a great interview to learn more about thyroid:

Do you think smoking weed would lower cortisol? Sorry for asking lots of questions.

Not really, I smoked weed fairly often in high school and a little after that and I think it made some of my problems worse and I just used it as an escape/social therapy. It's physiological effects seem to be negative over the longterm and it is estrogenic. I did a project on it for a class and one thing it does is raise allopregnenolone in the brain which can help some people feel better, but they'd be better of using pregnenolone or progesterone. There are some posts on the forum about it too.

~Pregnenolone May Protect From Marijuana Intoxication

"RAY PEAT: Well, it helps with the nausea. If a person is having symptoms and can control the symptoms, it’s very effective for many people. And tea, when I was ten, a doctor gave me a bag, didn’t say what it was, but prescribed a cup of tea every day. And years later, I recognized the taste of it as marijuana. But, yeah, it was supposed to prevent my headaches, but it didn’t do anything noticeable for me. But it used to be prescribed a lot as a tea and I think it’s a lot safer that way than smoking it because the smoke itself is carcinogenic and estrogenic. And the various chemicals in the leaf are themselves slightly estrogenic or anti-androgenic. So I think that’s probably the main concern for someone who is using it regularly. But I think your other probably healthier solutions for nausea, the anti- serotonin drugs and simply increasing the blood sugar, salt and sugar, very often help with nausea."
~Politics & Science: Two Hour Fundraiser I

---
No worries about the questions, I hope of the info I pointed you towards is helpful, just be sure to think for yourself :cigar:

Pompadour

While you were taking these list of supplements you had completely stopped taking PPI's?
Yes. Though maybe it was a short wean off period with less PPI and this supplements... i don't remember for sure now. I've noticed that PPI's make my situation worse (because low acid doesn't help with bile reflux) and started to research all about this pills and other remedies. Of course it was made against the opinion of my gastroenterologist - he just didn't beleive me, that my biliary reflux is getting even worse with PPI's.

Dave Clark

Please let me know how your melatonin trail is going and how long are you going to take it with what dosage? I think i am going to start it as well and will let you know if interested.
Somehow I missed your reply. Yes, I think I will not go over 3 mg, and they say to do it for at least a month or two to notice any benefits.
On a different treatment, have you ever had your stomach acid levels tested, either by the home baking soda method, or the Heidelberg Test which is done by a doctor? Sometimes people's GERD problems are caused by too little stomach acid, and if stomach acid is low it will not close the sphincter properly, which causes acid to migrate into the esophagus. Normally that is fixed by taking betaine HCL/pepsin with meals. You can find recommendations on-line, but usually you start with one cap with a meal, then add more until you feel burning, at that point back off one capsule, that is the dose you need to maintain stomach acid. Just happened to think about the stomach acid thing, wasn't sure if you were aware. Many find their GERD goes away once adding acid, even though it sounds paradoxical.

OP
MoonDay

MoonDay

Somehow I missed your reply. Yes, I think I will not go over 3 mg, and they say to do it for at least a month or two to notice any benefits.
On a different treatment, have you ever had your stomach acid levels tested, either by the home baking soda method, or the Heidelberg Test which is done by a doctor? Sometimes people's GERD problems are caused by too little stomach acid, and if stomach acid is low it will not close the sphincter properly, which causes acid to migrate into the esophagus. Normally that is fixed by taking betaine HCL/pepsin with meals. You can find recommendations on-line, but usually you start with one cap with a meal, then add more until you feel burning, at that point back off one capsule, that is the dose you need to maintain stomach acid. Just happened to think about the stomach acid thing, wasn't sure if you were aware. Many find their GERD goes away once adding acid, even though it sounds paradoxical.
Heidelberg Test sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Heidelberg Test sounds interesting.
This is what it looks like (you have to fast forward through), you swallow the capsule attached to a string, they tape the string to your cheek, record data, then retrieve. I would try the baking soda test, that will tell you if you have enough stomach acid. For me, because I am an older person I just assumed my acid levels were low so I use betaine with any major meal. When you use betaine, you will know whether you need it or not because if you take a cap and your stomach feels like it is burning you probably already have enough acid, if you feel good/nothing it means your stomach was in need of more acid. Many people have to take as much as six caps per meal. Just keep adding caps, when your stomach burns, back off one cap and that is what they say is the dose you need. It may or not be at the heart of your problems, but it is worth looking into and crossing off the list, so to speak.

Dave Clark

This is what it looks like (you have to fast forward through), you swallow the capsule attached to a string, they tape the string to your cheek, record data, then retrieve. I would try the baking soda test, that will tell you if you have enough stomach acid. For me, because I am an older person I just assumed my acid levels were low so I use betaine with any major meal. When you use betaine, you will know whether you need it or not because if you take a cap and your stomach feels like it is burning you probably already have enough acid, if you feel good/nothing it means your stomach was in need of more acid. Many people have to take as much as six caps per meal. Just keep adding caps, when your stomach burns, back off one cap and that is what they say is the dose you need. It may or not be at the heart of your problems, but it is worth looking into and crossing off the list, so to speak.
Sorry, I forgot the link:

OP
MoonDay

MoonDay

If anyone interested i had TNE (trans nasal esophaguscopy/endoscopy) done. It's small tube with camera goes through your nose, throat, looks at voice box, goes down to esophagus and enters the stomach. They only sedate your nose by spraying something twice and good to go. It was a manageable discomfort for almost one third of price the upper GI endoscopy would charge. I would recommend this procedure to anyone who wants do more regular checkups since it's little more affordable.
My results were kind of expected judging by the symptoms. ENT report says "mild lingual tonsillitis." in person he told me by showing the video saying that my airway and voice box is little bit imflammed and my esophagus had this little few white dots that he says nothing serious but irritation caused by reflux.
My throat soreness is getting worse and he said i maybe should do trial of antibiotics. I want to try lozenges but they all seems full of mints and i read that mint relaxes LES. Does anyone has any other remedies how to stop throat soreness? After seeing these irritation by my own eyes and confirming the problem was very depressing.

Edit:
Does anyone have lingual tonsilities here? After doing some research about lingual tonsillitis i am getting kind of freaked out. It says it could cause fatal airway obstruction :???: I already feel little bit of airway problem due to postnasal drip or this. Could it be caused by something else? I don't even know why my ENT made it sound like no big deal it seems to me pretty big deal especially the fatal dying risk involved in it. I also read that if it's gets bigger you have to do a surgery nowadays done by robot since it's so deep in throat and hard to reach by human hands perfectly. Sigh...
I have removed my tonsils out in 2007 i believe, Any inputs would be greatly appreciated again i'd like to know if there is anyone have it.

Last edited:
OP
MoonDay

MoonDay

Sorry, I forgot the link:

I watched this exact video on youtube once i saw you mentioned it in your last comment. There is only one doctor seems to do this test in my area and i find that very weird since i live in a major city. Why is this so scarce? I wonder why aren't there other doctors offering it. When i saw the nationwide map even the states that has more doctors offering it is like under 5. So there is monopoly...but thanks though i might wanna do this sooner just to cross it off the list like you said. I was actually very confused about high and low stomach acid theories. This test should rule it out.

Last edited:
OP
MoonDay

MoonDay

Made it significally less painfull. But as i took at the same time omeprasol - the result was not ideal. I had mostly biliary reflux and PPIs seem to slow gallbladder function. And i could not tolerate much fat.

After some time i found information about melatonin and some other additives via pubmed.com and started to use this instead of PPI:
(it is not all Peat-friendly)
melatonin - 6 mg
l-tryptophan, -200 mg
vitamin B6 (as pyridoxal 5 phosphate) - 25 mg
folic acid (as L-5- methyl folate) - 10 milligrams
vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) - 50 micrograms
betaine (trimethylglycine) - 100 mg
There was also methionine 100 mg - but i couldn't take it due to stomach erritation.

I used it for a few month... can't remember for sure, how long it took, to make things better.

And for the instant relief and before go to bed i used Life Extension Esophageal Guardian - i liked it more then Gaviscon suspension.

I can add, that my situation was grade B GERD (with errosions) and i was thinking about some kind of operation... magnetic ring or so...But in a year or so i felt better. Now i feel reflux from time to time - but it is not that bothering.

May i ask you how did you find out that you also had bile reflux?
Also what are these for "l-tryptophan, -200 mg, betaine (trimethylglycine) - 100 mg, methionine 100 mg" ? or your reason to took them.
It looks like the folic acid, b6 and b12 are in the vitamin b complex. Did you take vitamin b complex or took all of them separately? sorry i know little about medicines.

Pompadour

May i ask you how did you find out that you also had bile reflux?
I had yellow coating on my tongue and endoscopy schowed too much bile in my stomack. Also i seemed that from time to time i could almost feel the taste of bile in my mouth. Another sign of it: with PPI's my symptoms worsend. (though my doctor didn't beleive me o course)
Also what are these for "l-tryptophan, -200 mg, betaine (trimethylglycine) - 100 mg, methionine 100 mg" ? or your reason to took them.
When i started to research my problem, i 've found this Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): a review of conventional and alternative treatments. - PubMed - NCBI
In this free article they mention the work Regression of gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms using dietary supplementation with melatonin, vitamins and aminoacids: comparison with omepr... - PubMed - NCBI (it is not free). There is a table of used supplements- so i just made the same, without much understanding of how each of them worked. I bought all vitamins separately (to get the right doses), but took all at the same time.

OP
MoonDay

MoonDay

I had yellow coating on my tongue and endoscopy schowed too much bile in my stomack. Also i seemed that from time to time i could almost feel the taste of bile in my mouth. Another sign of it: with PPI's my symptoms worsend. (though my doctor didn't beleive me o course)

When i started to research my problem, i 've found this Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD): a review of conventional and alternative treatments. - PubMed - NCBI
In this free article they mention the work Regression of gastroesophageal reflux disease symptoms using dietary supplementation with melatonin, vitamins and aminoacids: comparison with omepr... - PubMed - NCBI (it is not free). There is a table of used supplements- so i just made the same, without much understanding of how each of them worked. I bought all vitamins separately (to get the right doses), but took all at the same time.

Thanks a lot for the info i will read them and do some research.
Did you have chest pain? Also did you lose weight? I guess i am trying to ask what was your other symptoms? like throat burn and difficulty swallowing?

I am having chest and feel like losing weight slowly too, or maybe it's because i have started working out twice a week (working out to stay healthier not to lose weight though since i've always been slim) But my barrium swallow test resulted minimum acid reflux, no hiatal hernia, movements fine. TNE showed lingual tonsilities and white dots on esophagus wall and supposedly not Barret's esophagus. sigh
How are your symptoms these days?

Last edited:
OP
MoonDay

MoonDay

I had almost constant pain in esophagus (chest also) and throat , hoarse voice from time to time.

I have reflux from time to time , but nothing comparable with the previous symptoms.
I'm glad you are feeling better now cos this thing is mentally and physically draining. :)

OP
MoonDay

MoonDay

Thank you! I 'm sure that you too will find the answers for your situation!
Thanks i hope so too, i think i am going to try this if dexiliant doesn't work for me which i just started for 90 days. Very hopeful for this backup plan. And i am looking to buy these supplements on the net but they all seem much higher dosage than you took. Where did you find them in such small dosages? Any brand recommendations?
Also i read the links you have suggested and but dosages was not mentioned in the articles so i guess you have to pay them to get the dosages? That's how you got them? Thanks again for being so kind answering my questions. :)

Last edited:

Pompadour

Very hopeful for this backup plan. And i am looking to buy these supplements on the net but they all seem much higher dosage than you took. Where did you find them in such small dosages? Any brand recommendations?
I bought everything at Iherb.com No special brand recommendations - i just chose the most close dosage. Not everything i could find in exact dosages - so just try to get the closest ;) Some supplements you can buy as a powder - so it is easy to get the proper quantity.
but dosages was not mentioned in the articles
It is mentiond at the free pdf version of the first article (page 9 of the pdf file or page 124 of the journal itself) . Here how it looks like:

Table5d1e345edb74f8ec8.jpg

Thanks again for being so kind answering my questions.
I am happy to be able to bring something usefull to this forum ;)

OP
MoonDay

MoonDay

Full pdf version of article is very informative and i think everyone who is suffering from all kinds of acid reflux should read it.

I think i have found everything that's closer dosages except folic acid. You mentioned 10 milligrams so is that means it is 10,000 in mcg? That seems very high dosage. I read that one of main side affects are makes you angry or physically aggressive. lol Maybe it brings out the anger that turned inward (depression). Did you feel angrier while taking it?
The highest i found is:
Life Extension High Potency Optimized Folate L-Methylfolate -- 5000 mcg - 30 Vegetarian Tablets

Dave Clark

Just wanted to mention, because I heard it on a video: an aloe product called Aloe Apex, by ApexHealth. It is suppose to have several patents. Anyway, as we know aloe is good for gerd, digestion, etc., and there were some good testimonials on this product. It is not cheap, surprise, but maybe worth a try. You can find info on their website, or listen to the owner talk about it on Doug Kaufman's show 'Know the Cause' (you can see it on YT videos). Their patented process supposedly makes the aloe the most potent you can get.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals