Morning hypoglycemia

yerrag

I believe it’s possible but I also see thyroid as something my ancestors consumed regularly and likely benefited from, particularly living here in a cold climate, so the idea of supplementing NDT indefinitely doesn’t bother me. To me, it’s like eating brains, liver, broths made from chicken necks and fish heads etc.
That's a good point, since our food supply has been unnaturally restricted thyroid-wise, for our protection by big brother.

Jennifer

That's a good point, since our food supply has been unnaturally restricted thyroid-wise, for our protection by big brother.

LOL Yeah, for our protection. :rolleyes:

Birdie

I used to have morning hypoglycemia, but hadn't experienced it in many years. However, this morning I have it. So, I wanted to come to this post and explain what happened. I'd seen Peat's recommendation to avoid heavy protein first thing. So, I'd stopped that and had sugared, milky coffee first thing and maybe a square of milk chocolate or some fruit next.

So, today, after some milky coffee as usual, instead of fruit, I at a meatball. Within a few minutes brain fog, shortness of breath, and that old dizzy feeling.

I'd taken my Armour thyroid and B1 and progest-E earlier as usual. Everything else was the same. I've been doing early morning B12 injections for sciatica. No change there. So, I blame the meatball.

Obviously, as usual, this might not apply to everybody else.

Birdie

Oh, I just read all the thyroid comments. So, as I said I start with Armour first thing in the morning. Then I take 1/2 cynoplus at breakfast. And maybe 2 or three times during the day a crumb of cynomel. We'd had a higher rT3 last time, so have been using more T3 than usual. That approach has worked to lower the rT3 in the past.

Just wanted to say that we also spread our thyroid supplement out.

Birdie

I believe it’s possible but I also see thyroid as something my ancestors consumed regularly and likely benefited from, particularly living here in a cold climate, so the idea of supplementing NDT indefinitely doesn’t bother me. To me, it’s like eating brains, liver, broths made from chicken necks and fish heads etc.
Yes, and you know how thyroid in chicken necks or giblets has been removed, well at least where I live you can't even get the giblets at the meat counter.

Vileplume

Cheers man. I'll start with 1/4 tab at breakfast, then with lunch, and finally for dinner. Hopefully this starts helping with the anxiety. Did you find anything else helpful?
PS - love that MM song in your signature - huge fan!
For some reason I missed this post. Let me know how it goes with the cynoplus, I’m crossing my fingers it works for you like it has for me.

Yes, the other helpful things have been:

-replacing most of my protein sources with goat’s milk. I hardly eat any meat these days, mostly goat dairy, which digests really well for me, keeps my stomach happy, and it’s done wonders for my mental health.

-avoiding irritating fibers. Most whole fruits unfortunately irritate my gut, leaving me bloated and gassy and in a more negative mental space. So instead I use just plain old white sugar mostly, but I also have a quart of OJ per day and a bit of ripe fruit.

-getting enough sodium and magnesium. I usually have about 1 tbsp of added salt per day, and about 800 mg of magnesium bicarbonate. When I don’t have these, my heart rate gets too high during the day while resting.

Best of luck man. Super cool to hear that you’re a Modest Mouse fan. They’re my favorite band. I love their existential themes.

Jennifer

Yes, and you know how thyroid in chicken necks or giblets has been removed, well at least where I live you can't even get the giblets at the meat counter.

They remove the thyroid from chicken necks, too? I thought it was just the larger animals that had the thyroid removed. I guess that leaves fish and game. I’ve had broth made with fish heads from Vital Choice. Would that be a source of thyroid extract, do you think?

Birdie

They remove the thyroid from chicken necks, too? I thought it was just the larger animals that had the thyroid removed. I guess that leaves fish and game. I’ve had broth made with fish heads from Vital Choice. Would that be a source of thyroid extract, do you think?
Oh, Jennifer, I don't know about those fish heads. Yeah, I was sorry about the thyroid removal. But, maybe it is available in chickens in some areas.

Jennifer

Okay. Thanks, @Birdie. I have a recipe for thyroid broth that calls for fish heads so that’s why I thought maybe the broth from Vital Choice contains some thyroid.

Recoen

I used to have morning hypoglycemia, but hadn't experienced it in many years. However, this morning I have it. So, I wanted to come to this post and explain what happened. I'd seen Peat's recommendation to avoid heavy protein first thing. So, I'd stopped that and had sugared, milky coffee first thing and maybe a square of milk chocolate or some fruit next.

So, today, after some milky coffee as usual, instead of fruit, I at a meatball. Within a few minutes brain fog, shortness of breath, and that old dizzy feeling.

I'd taken my Armour thyroid and B1 and progest-E earlier as usual. Everything else was the same. I've been doing early morning B12 injections for sciatica. No change there. So, I blame the meatball.

This sounds a lot like a histamine response.

Birdie

This sounds a lot like a histamine response.
What makes you come up with this as a possible diagnosis? I'd like to follow your reasoning if you have the time to elaborate. Thanks

Birdie

Further explanation. First paragraph - I've had no hypoglycemic type response since I started using the sugared, milky coffee first thing with the sometimes chocolate square. And fruit next. Problem solved. Nada. Excellent. Answer to a problem that went on for years.

Next, to help illustrate, I gave an example of what I used to do that did not work. I did what did not work that morning so it was fresh in my mind. And otherwise I would not have made the post. I wouldn't have thought of it. I made the post to show what helped me in case it might help somebody else. I hope somebody was helped, but if not, I at least made my report.

Lol, I often assume everyone knows where I am and forget that people aren't mind readers!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals