Am I Eating Enough?

Tourist

I'd like my biggest impact to be sleep! This isn't necessarily a typical day as in new to RP and am taking in dairy slowly--not ready to add eggs yet. Here's what I ate yesterday:

Raw carrot at waking
Waited 40 minutes then Breakfast:
1/2 c Lf cottage cheese
1/2 c cooked apples
Small fried potato w coco oil

Hungry hour later had:
1/2 c cottage cheese
1:2 c cooked apples
Sm glass cherry juice

Lunch
1/2 c cottage cheese
1 c pineapple
Handful blueberries
Scoop of collagen
Handful dried dates

**added in oj today--had a glass before leaving the house for a few hours--didn't love the taste ( while foods organic 365)

Snack
Dried dates

Dinner
Fried potatoes
Ground lamb patty w/ketchup
Bowl of ice cream w/ fudge

Bedtime snack
5 oysters with homemade sauce

Woke up after only a couple hours sleep ate:
Applesauce w collagen

Tossed and turned got up and drank cherry juice them took a Benadryl

Didn't sleep well

Any advice?

Last edited:

DaveFoster

I see you've adopted the Bahaa El Wazzan format. Try eating fat and sugar before bed.

A. squamosa

Mmm.. you focus so much on sleep it's going to be difficult to get. I think people forget food and eating need to be stress free, the act, the preparation. You won't get good effects if you micro control everything obsessively (I realise that sounds harsh, I don't mean it harshly!). Focus on something other than sleep, enjoy eating food, enjoy preparing it. You can still eat Peat-style of course!

OP
Tourist

Tourist

Big sigh--I wholeheartedly agree just not sure how to put that Into practice. I also posted under the "thyroid" board with more of my details on my struggles.

Mmm.. you focus so much on sleep it's going to be difficult to get. I think people forget food and eating need to be stress free, the act, the preparation. You won't get good effects if you micro control everything obsessively (I realise that sounds harsh, I don't mean it harshly!). Focus on something other than sleep, enjoy eating food, enjoy preparing it. You can still eat Peat-style of course!

A. squamosa

Can't find that thread. Maybe try to get interested in recipes you can enjoy, and more than anything, try not to get so caught up in it :)
Personally, I love making ice-cream, stews and quiches and very much love eating them too. While quiche is far less Peat-style than something like a frittata, it is still healthy (I make it from scratch) and I find it a lot more enjoyable to make, + more delicious than a frittata, so I'm not going to get worried about making it - you know? Less stress, not more control:smokingweed

OP
Tourist

Tourist

I do like to cook but when I'm this sleep deprived it's not that fun--not much is. My post is under the Health, Studies, Supps header, then under the "Health" header under, "thyroid & hormones" --mind reading it?

paymanz

Can you put these data in cornometer,so it becomes more meaningful, calorie and macro composition wise...

OP
Tourist

Tourist

Oh, just did a quick read on what that is-- here's some of the data:

protein
374.3 2643 kcal
14%

fat
24%

carbs
62%

**calcium and folate were low at 54 and 47%

What are the key take aways with the cronometer? Appreciate your feedback :)

ReSTART

Oh, just did a quick read on what that is-- here's some of the data:

protein
374.3 2643 kcal
14%

fat
24%

carbs
62%

**calcium and folate were low at 54 and 47%

What are the key take aways with the cronometer? Appreciate your feedback :)

Take a screenshot and upload it.

M

member 2106

"Am I eating enough?"

You're the only one who should be answering that.

I hope you figure it out and get improved sleep.

OP
Tourist

Tourist

"Am I eating enough?"

You're the only one who should be answering that.

I hope you figure it out and get improved sleep.
Well as a newbie and so sleep deprived I find I need some input as my instincts are off

OP
Tourist

Tourist

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

paymanz

That's decent calorie and carb intake,seems good,also you have good protein intake.I think just try to reduce your PUFA, to less than 4 g a day.

That raw carrot first in the morning is good idea, I will try that.

And I agree with wald! But that's true, some of us instincts are kinda off.so its good to sometimes check what we eat.

Your diet seems great!:thumbsup:

OP
Tourist

Tourist

That's decent calorie and carb intake,seems good,also you have good protein intake.I think just try to reduce your PUFA, to less than 4 g a day.

That raw carrot first in the morning is good idea, I will try that.

And I agree with wald! But that's true, some of us instincts are kinda off.so its good to sometimes check what we eat.

Your diet seems great!:thumbsup:

Thanks so much for the encouragement--btw any suggestions on where I could decrease pufas? My head is just swirling with all the tidbits of info I totally forgot about pufas

paymanz

Thanks so much for the encouragement--btw any suggestions on where I could decrease pufas? My head is just swirling with all the tidbits of info I totally forgot about pufas
I dont know, foods you mentioned all are low on PUFA!

Can you also screenshot the part that shows food items list?

DaveFoster

Your reference is lost on me-sorry

How much fat/sugar ratio? So maybe cheese and juice?
It really depends on you, I think. To craving. 2:1 carbs to protein. Fruit and cheese. I think 500 calories worth should be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Tourist

Tourist

My update and personal thanks to u I slept till 4 am
I had chunks of cheese and a glass of oj on my nightstand--I woke up several times and was able to get back to sleep fast. Hope this keeps working!

It really depends on you, I think. To craving. 2:1 carbs:protein. Fruit and cheese. I think 500 calories worth should be enough.

DaveFoster

My update and personal thanks to u I slept till 4 am
I had chunks of cheese and a glass of oj on my nightstand--I woke up several times and was able to get back to sleep fast. Hope this keeps working!
Great! Another thing you can try is glycine, 3-5 grams before bed without protein.

Tenacity

What's your height and weight? An average woman eating 3000 kcal a day with no weight gain is impressive, and shows high metabolic functioning. That would suggest to me the issue with not sleeping the night through is because of stress reactions during the night, possibly due to inefficient liver glycogen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals