Opinion on my diet

LifeMirage

Hi, this is my first message, I am writing from Italy. I'd like an opinion on my diet Ray Peat style:

Typical Day 1 (3 times a week)

8:00 500ml Milk low fat + 15g cocoa poweder raw + one cup coffe + 2 tbs sugar;

10:00 300ml milk + 150ml orange juice;

12:00 300ml milk + 150ml orange juice;

14:00 300ml milk + 150ml orange juice;

16:00 300ml milk + 150ml orange juice;

18:00 300ml milk + 150ml orange juice;

20:00 350g potatos + 60g meat (shank) + 1 carrot + 100g cooked vegetables + 10g coconut oil + 5g oil olive;

22:30 10g parmesan cheese + 150g baked apple + tbs honey;

23:00 sleep;

Typical Day 2 (3 times a week)

20:00 350g potatos + 100g fish (cod) + 1 carrot + 100g cooked vegetables + 10g coconut oil + 5g oil olive;

Typical Day 3 (1 times a week)

20:00 350g potatos + 100g meat (liver) + 1 carrot + 100g cooked vegetables + 10g coconut oil + 5g oil olive;

supplement:
2 Ibsa Tiroide T4 39,08 and T3 11,38; http://www.torrinomedica.it/farmaci/sch ... z3rGyRCBZl
15g Collagen Hydrolysate; http://www.arganiascorbile.it/collagene ... ntare.html
2g Taurine; http://www.bulkpowders.it/l-taurina-it.html
200mg niacinamide; http://www.arganiascorbile.it/vitamina- ... 000-g.html
1 cap vitamin E; http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001 ... 1_2&sr=8-2
2000 UI vitamin D/k2; thorne
1 cap super K life extension;
160mg aspirin;

Attachments

• Peat day 1.png
    Peat day 1.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 434
  • Peat day 2.png
    Peat day 2.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 434
  • Peat day 3.png
    Peat day 3.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 439

Richiebogie

Have you started it? If so how long have you been on it?

What changes have you noticed?

OP
L

LifeMirage

Hi, thank you very much for your answers, my English is not very good, be patient :roll:
My health problems are:
Thyroid hashimoto;
Idiopathic urticaria (no bumps but just itching, when increases body heat);
brain fog;
Alopecia areata (now only beard);
colitis;
anal itching.

I did not start with this diet, because I gave her body time to get used to drink two liters of milk a day. For twenty years I did not eat oranges because it caused me itching. I'm on this diet for three weeks:
no itching.
no brain fog.
Alopecia areata no change;
colits, I see the great changes the stools are perfect in form, color and smell no bad smell. The stomach does not hurt if I hit before you, always.
Anal itching, no change, the problem is I have to do major surgery for a fissure.
Before Ray Peat my eating style was inspired by the study of this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Drink-Be-Heal ... bc?ie=UTF8
the results were not good.
I think Ray Peat is an absolute genius, I think I've undertaken a very healthy lifestyle and I read this forum and the forum of Italian RP to learn more.
In the future, I want to add to the plan, pregnenolone, Farmalabor cascara sagrada (cycles 3 months) and Cyproheptadine low dose (cycle 3 months).

Last edited by a moderator:

onioneyedox

Hey, just to elaborate to my initial comment :D You provided almost no context, and context is everything as Peat says. Same diet is not good for everyone, at least when they are healing. Your diet seems stereotypical "Peat diet" with somewhat robotic schedule. That is nothing wrong but if it is forced and unnatural to you, and you are not listening to your body and intuition, it might not be sustainable. But is seems like you are improving, so that is good.

Here are some RP quotes for you

"eat to increase the metabolic rate, rather than any particular foods" (source unclear)

And it is not all about food, it can suppress or elevate metabolism, but we can block improvement or digestion, for example, with fear of food or our attitude in general.
"If we added up all of the special ‘avoidance’ diets, no one could eat anything. Many people are ruining their health by avoiding too many foods."

"The perception of possibility, of a vista that extends convincingly toward a better future life, seems to modify the metabolic apparatus."
So almost any change in lifestyle or new ideas can help, but be mindful (and not fearful :P ) You may need to tweak something at some point.

Make sure you to take a look on other areas as well other than diet
"A person’s vitality is drawn forward by meaningful work, that is, we grow to meet the demands of an important opportunity."

"Our present lives are usually divided between routine work and entertainment. The entertainment is supposed to enliven us, to help us recover from the deadening effects of routine work. Some people put great energy and concentration into their hobbies, because they find the activity intrinsically interesting. Such intrinsic value and interest is what should be demanded of our work. But for many people, free time is routinized too. [...] This is where the whole person has been affected by a certain approach to work, and work is seen as something to avoid – the idle rich seem to have found the only satisfactory life."

(quotes from http://180degreehealth.com/180forums/to ... at-quotes/ )

Your English seems bit wonky (even more than mine, lol), and the Amazon link to book (?) is not working, but I think we can get what you are saying for the most part.

I can't really help you on specifics, but I hope you continue on improving.

OP
L

LifeMirage

Hi onioneyedox, my approach with Peat, not just about the diet but exercise (walking, stretching and method Lafay), the light, breathing (Buteyko method) ...
I come from a period of bad health and I try to stay under close Peat style diet, to see if it works for me.
I feel that my metabolism is getting better, but my temperature is low, morning 35.8° hope better with time.
My concern is whether this way of eating, increase triglycerides and blood sugar. It's possible? how to avoid it?
I am 42 years old, I am tall 173cm and I weigh 73kg, my goal is 68/69 kg.

onioneyedox

I give you my thoughts, but do mind that I really am not very knowledgeable on all this. I'm sure you get better understanding yourself as other members surely chime in and as you continue to read the forum.

Be ok with slow improvement, with that you continuously evolve to better health. Don't overwhelm yourself with "healthy activities", all the things you mentioned, the forum etc. Do make time for your other interests (art, painting, drawing etc., music, reading, computer games, coding, crafting, fishing, hunting, hiking, sports, cooking, what ever it is that you enjoy to do.)), in healthy manner. (like binging on tv series might not be best to do regularly)

On temperature, do you have cold extremities (feet, hand, nose)? If not and your temps rise after breakfast, surely the morning temp rises slowly also. otherwise, you might need to work on something. Your diet seems bit low on energy and watery so if you are feeling cold might try to reduce liquids. What if you got good pizza (or you favourite hearty meal) on evening, would you binge on it? If so you probably are eating too little during day.

I wouldn't try to reduce weight at this time.

Triglys can rise and blood sugar might rise, but just keep pufas low and you should be ok. Can't really comment on this though.

OP
L

LifeMirage

thanks, great advice. I do not have hands, feet and nose cold temperature only just awake.It is my diet is very liquid, just a solid meal in the evening.Add salt, 2 grams, liquids and 2 grams in the evening, total 4 grams of salt. If this is the case I decrease the liquid and solid foods increases.