30 Years Old Woman - Ray Peat Inspired Diet (Please Advise)

PeatFan1

I am trying to formulate a Ray Peat inspired pescatarian diet. Please tell me if my requirements are correct, and what I should add to make sure there are no holes in my diet.

From my research on these forums this is what I have come up with

Dietary Requirements

Woman: 80 g of protein minimal (100 g if active - for best resistance to stress, more protein is desirable), 35g fat, 70 g of Carbs. 25% of calories come from fat and 50% come from carbohydrates.

Foods

Protein: Dairy (grass-fed & free-range. Goat milk less estrogenic. 1 quart = 32 g of protein), cheese (cottage cheese, real animal rennet), eggs (1 egg = 6 g of protein) and seafood (especially oysters and shrimp), potatoes (protein 4g / potato) mushrooms (protein 1g / cup), Greek yogurt ("strained" Greek yogurt means less acidic whey/lactic acid).

Carbs: grains (masa harina, white rice or oats).

Vegetables: Summer squash and bamboo shoots are the best cooked vegetables; well cooked kale and broccoli are okay, too. Carrot. Broccoli (vit k)

Fat: Coconut oil (refined and deodorized), butter, ice cream, olive oil (sparingly because of PUFA's).

Gelatin: shrimp and oysters.

Stomach/digestion: vinegar (antimicrobial/suppress bacteria), raw carrots (disinfectant - intestines), unpasteurized sauerkraut (probiotics).

Vitamins and minerals: grass-fed butter (vit A), mushrooms (zinc), cooked green leaves for calcium, nettle tea and kale (for calcium and vit k), organic coffee (magnesium - but has to be consumed with some sugar or with meal to prevent stress response due to low blood sugar/hypoglycemia), bamboo shoot (b1, b6, manganese, zinc), raw carrots (vit a & k), sauerkraut (vit b6, vit c).

Fiber: boiled bamboo shoots, apples and pears.

Avoid PUFA and legumes, like avocados, nuts, seeds. Soy (estrogenic). Gluten. Amino acids methionine, cysteine, and tryptophan.

Supplements

B12 (injections), Vit. D (5000iu), K2, pregnenolone (300mg / week), cod liver oil, aspirin (anti-inflammatory).

Diet example

Breakfast --> an egg and quart of milk (38g protein), butter on grains, organic coffee.
2 Hrs Later --> 1/2 oz cheese & salad (raw carrot, coconut oil, vinegar, salt)
Lunch --> a tuna salad, fruit or milk if more calories are needed
Supper --> Oyster stew & salad & potato OR chicken breast with well boiled spinach or broccoli & fruit
Bedtime --> snack of milk & fruit

M

member 2106

You won't get gelatin from shrimps or oysters. Try oxtail or lamb shanks, slow cooked, for that, or even gelatin powder if slow cooking is too time-consuming. Oats can be a burden on the digestion for some, and easily digested foods are the ones to prioritise. Cooking them for a long time may ease the burden. Also, orange juice is a staple for many of us on here, so you might consider introducing that.

The Great Fish Oil Experiment

cod liver oil

Toxic.

a tuna salad

Too fatty and high in methionine.

1/2 oz cheese & salad (raw carrot, coconut oil, vinegar, salt)

The carrot salad is best eaten by itself with enough time before and enough time after so it can go in and do it's thing alone.

Vit. D (5000iu)

If you're taking vitamin D daily you should get your level tested eventually because too much is toxic. It has a really long half life.

Keep the milk 1% milkfat or less (skim). 2% or higher is likely too much fat and cheese fat should be monitored as well.

sauerkraut

Drain the water and try to consume the solid part only by squeezing the liquid out as the liquid is high in lactic acid which can stress the liver. That goes for all fermented foods.

_

If in an area that gets sunlight, try to get as much as you can on naked skin with no sunblock without burning during 10:30am-2:30pm and if not purchase at least three brooder lamps.

Get "fasted" blood work to see basic metabolic panel and thyroid/liver status.

Last edited:

Stilgar

I think tuna is ok if you choose low fat and don't eat it every day! When I struggle for adequate protein, tuna is really awesome for feeling better quickly if you digest it well.

Also, I would ditch the cod liver oil. You already have vitamin d, so as long as you eat liver, there is nothing to benefit from the cod liver oil.

milk_lover

Looks great. I am with the guys on cod liver oil. Also, tuna usually packed with some PUFA oil, you might want to be careful with that. Even if the oil is olive oil, it could be adulterated with some cheap oils. I prefer lamb/beef to chicken but that's just me.