If I Feel Okay Not Eating Much, Am I Ok That Way? (diet Inside)

paka

Please say if it sounds good.

I started only eating small portions of:
-skim milk or lactaid/fairlife milk (lactose intolerance, need calcium),
-orange juice (w calcium),
-potatoes (w mustard for flavor, since I heard mustard (& horse radish) was good for your gut, but high in salt),
-coconut oil for fat,
-fruit juice (cranberry, grape, coconut. They always add ascorbic acid though.)
-and fruits/vegetables as snacks (dates, apples, bananas, peas.......)

Total calories under 2000 but I'm not counting* I just find it hard to pack down more calories when I'm not hungry, and it seems weird that the recommended minimum is 100 protein AND, majority of cals from carbs - that's a lot of food. (Expensive too)

(And of course, daily: caffeine, carrot, aspirin powder, and some apple cider vinegar - strictly for gut health.)

Can I do that and be ok? Perhaps live to 80's, 90+ and die without disease?

Last edited:
OP
paka

paka

Example
-Breakfast: 1 cup of skim milk with coffee, 1 cup of juice, some dates or a potato
-Lunch: 2-3 potatoes with some coconut oil and mustard, 1 cup of lactose free milk w coffee
-Dinner: 1 cup milk, 1 cup juice, some fruit vegetable or potato

Sound good?

theLaw

Total calories under 2000 but I'm not counting* I just find it hard to pack down more calories when I'm not hungry, and it seems weird that the recommended minimum is 100 protein AND, majority of cals from carbs - that's a lot of food. (Expensive too)

Your Cronometer : about 1200 calories

The diet you detailed in your last post is very inexpensive.

Protein is around 35 grams.

Ray Peat does not suggest 100G protein minimum.

You are currently uninformed. Use the search function.

Cheers!:D

OP
paka

paka

Thank you :D:hand:

But I did search, here it says
Ray Peat Diet, Food Choices, And General Guidelines

"Proteins:

Daily protein should be at least 80 grams, preferably 100 if you are working or otherwise active."

And Raymond Peat I heard eats 120 protein.

Also, I can't handle much food. I tried everything suggested here to improve lactose intolerance (heat up the milk, introduce it in small portions) but my max. is 2 1/2 cups of milk per day (spread out several hours). And I can't even eat more than 5-6 potatoes a day or I'll feel it in my gut, only cured by aspirin powder + apple cider vinegar and quitting carbs for a few days.

I can easily handle small portions without feeling anything in my gut, and I'm shocked by people who eat bad foods but not in bad health (live to old age w/o serious disease) because they don't eat MUCH. Eating less = consuming less "toxins"

theLaw

Thank you :D:hand:

But I did search, here it says
Ray Peat Diet, Food Choices, And General Guidelines

"Proteins:

Daily protein should be at least 80 grams, preferably 100 if you are working or otherwise active."

And Raymond Peat I heard eats 120 protein.

Also, I can't handle much food. I tried everything suggested here to improve lactose intolerance (heat up the milk, introduce it in small portions) but my max. is 2 1/2 cups of milk per day (spread out several hours). And I can't even eat more than 5-6 potatoes a day or I'll feel it in my gut, only cured by aspirin powder + apple cider vinegar and quitting carbs for a few days.

I can easily handle small portions without feeling anything in my gut, and I'm shocked by people who eat bad foods but not in bad health (live to old age w/o serious disease) because they don't eat MUCH. Eating less = consuming less "toxins"

You are not "active" on 1200 calories per day unless you are seriously underweight, so the suggestion of 100G probably does not apply to you.

I would assume Ray Peat has excellent metabolism, so he may need significantly more protein.

Starch can be a major problem for people with digestive issues, and 5-6 potatoes per day is more than enough to cause blood sugar issues. I think Ray Peat suggested 1 per day for anyone with digestive issues. Also 4T of activated charcoal should clean out your gut bacteria.

Finally, carbs are the foundation of the diet discussed here (especially while healing your metabolism initially), so if you have a carb-phobia, then this might not be the right diet for you.

You still appear to have some major blind spots with regards to Peat's overall view of diet, so I would start with the basics (hint: it's probably your fatty liver):

Optimal diet for increasing lifespan

And then begin by solving the big 3:

+ Clean the Liver

Caffeine Reverses Stress, Insulin Resistance, Hypertension

High Protein Diet Prevents & Reverses Fatty Liver Disease (steatosis)

+ Fix Digestive Issues

Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion

Ray Peat Potato Protein Soup (RPPPS)

Cyproheptadine - A Wonder Drug?

+ Reduce PUFA in Tissues down to almost nothing

PUFA Depletion Can (probably) Be Accomplished In 30 Days!

Haidut's Summary Of PUFA

VoS uncoupling thread

Cheers!:cool:

This is not a quick-fix regiment for weekend warriors, but an opportunity to change your life and health for the better, so take this seriously by reading and testing as much as possible (the search function is far more effective and efficient than any member's advice).

OP
paka

paka

Thank you for all the articles and help. I usually search for stuff unless It's specific to me.

Constatine

Please say if it sounds good.

I started only eating small portions of:
-skim milk or lactaid/fairlife milk (lactose intolerance, need calcium),
-orange juice (w calcium),
-potatoes (w mustard for flavor, since I heard mustard (& horse radish) was good for your gut, but high in salt),
-coconut oil for fat,
-fruit juice (cranberry, grape, coconut. They always add ascorbic acid though.)
-and fruits/vegetables as snacks (dates, apples, bananas, peas.......)

(And of course, daily: caffeine, carrot, aspirin powder, and some apple cider vinegar - strictly for gut health.)

Can I do that and be ok? Perhaps live to 80's, 90+ and die without disease?
With a more efficient metabolism one can get away with less food but 1200 or even 2000 is way too little. Though packing down calories when not hungry can lead to digestive issues and other problems. The body is good at regulating itself and if you feel like you shouldn't eat then you probably shouldn't eat. Maybe find ways to stimulate your hunger? Korean ginseng is a huge appetite stim.

paymanz

Yeah if you are not hungry then don't eat.never force yourself to eat.

How is your thyroid function?

Maybe you need thyroid supplement , and also cypro may help for appetite.

squanch

How old are you? Male/female? How tall and how much do you weigh?
Unless you're a 50 lbs midget, that diet sounds really deficient in nutrients and calories.

I would definitely add in some liver and oysters.
Have you tried cheese instead of milk? Goat or sheep cheese is very easily digested in my experience, a lot better than any cow dairy products. Also what's with the skim milk?Don't try to do that whole low fat thing if you're already eating so little.
You could try some white rice (jasmine or some short grain varieties) in one of your meals, that's probably the easiest to digest starch.
If your digestion really is very weak, you could try the potato juice with some honey, hydrolyzed gelatin and coconut oil to get those calories and protein up a bit.

Last edited: